Sponsored by:

GT2 Clutch Slave in a 997TT?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:44 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 136 Posts
Default GT2 Clutch Slave in a 997TT?

Haven't had a lot of seat time in the TT yet, but I've found the clutch to be a bit tricky. Not a lot of feel with engagement. Very close to the floor, but other than that, I just can't seem to get a good read on when it hooks up. Before I got it, I was expecting the pedal feel to be firm, but it was surprisingly very, very light. My Mini's clutch actually feels firmer.

I thought I liked the ease of the pedal, maybe still do, but a friend at EVOMS mentioned this 'upgrade' to me and it sounds intriguing. Removes the power assist and gives back more 'feeling' with clutch engagement. Only downside is it makes it much heavier and harder to depress.

Anyone done this conversion? How much firmer is the clutch? I've felt clutches without an assist and I dunno if I could deal with one on a car I actually own

Input/opinions appreciated. TIA.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:05 PM
obewan
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed the same feeling with my TT clutch - but I compared it to my 2007 997C2 which had a much firmer feel. I am sure it is easier on the knees but the overall feel is less organic.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 PM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a problem with the clutch catching to high? I have 21K but live in SF. Tech drove it and it was "normal". I've had my slave cylinder replaced and now the clutch feels softer than it did when I first purchased it. Took it for a second opinion and the clutch is "normal". The hills in SF do a number on the clutch and when I replace it I would like to order a clutch thats beefier than stock . Any recommendations?
Old 10-25-2009, 10:14 PM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by gradyex
I have a problem with the clutch catching to high? I have 21K but live in SF. Tech drove it and it was "normal". I've had my slave cylinder replaced and now the clutch feels softer than it did when I first purchased it. Took it for a second opinion and the clutch is "normal". The hills in SF do a number on the clutch and when I replace it I would like to order a clutch thats beefier than stock . Any recommendations?
Engagement on the OEM clutch is normally very high (yuck). I've read that replacements are just as soft and almost 'rachets' when releasing it???

What do you mean by beefier?? If you mean heavier feel, then consider the slave conversion. Only reason I didn't is b/c it's cost prohibitive. If I ever get power upgrades (>550-600hp), then I'd have to change out the clutch and would do the conversion at that point.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:06 PM
sparkhill
Burning Brakes

Received 514 Likes on 310 Posts

I recently talked to SharkWerks about my poor clutch feel and they also recommended the GT2 slave. It sounds like the way to go.

Quick Reply: GT2 Clutch Slave in a 997TT?