Sponsored by:

warranty

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 10:22 AM
molson cdn
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default warranty

Heres the scenario; as you know, the us dollar is starting to drop like a rock and as a result, the cdn dollar is climbing. Because of this, my dreams may be reality by the end of the summer.

I called 1-800-porsche and spoke with a customer service rep. My question is "if i purchase a certified pre-owned porsche from a dealer in USA , will the warranty be valid in canada?" He didn't have an answer, therefore he put me on hold and went to ask his supervisor. Heres the answer: call the dealership.

Next , i called a dealership in the states from work (just brainstorming the situation -porsche of fairfield , they have a 1-800 #). i asked a salesman the same question"will the warranty apply in canada?" He wouldn't answer the question, but i felt he knew the correct answer. He also stated "call your LOCAL dealership!"

Before i send emails & phone the local dealership, i would like to tap into this resource and see if anyone has been through this, or heard of someone that has?

observation; they are many CPO vechicles but if they dont honour the warranty, i may search for private deals .

any comments/opinions?
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 AM
TT Gasman
Drifting

I always thought Canadian dealers would not honor any US warranty to keep you from buying US cars.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Libtekvrt
Track Day

I would say talk with your local dealer and see. I think it CAN be up to them.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:13 PM
mgarbe
AutoX

I purchased a CPO 2007 TT in the USA and brought it to Canada where the warranty is absolutely valid. My dealer here in the Toronto area (Pfaff Porsche) confirmed both the regular warranty and the extended CPO warranty.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:03 PM
molson cdn
Rennlist Member

i have sent out a few emails and talked with a variety of authorities on the subject; the answer is yes. the warranty is valid.
thanks mgarbe for your answer- i was hoping some one from gta would respond.
my search will now continue.
Old 06-06-2009, 08:55 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Hello from Winnipeg....I purchased my turbo from Houston and have had absolutely no problems with warrenty work at Porsche Autohaus.
The Porsche warrenty is a North American warrenty and is honoured in Canada without question.

Quick Reply: warranty