Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TT Coupe vs TT Cab.....or vice versa

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:17 AM
dave29
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had cabs and coupes many times over. If you get tired of one, next time get the other. Flexing, thefts noises....sounds like the girls are running for the protection of a coupe!!!!!!
They're all Porsches, they're all good! Get what puts a smile on your face.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:29 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

buy my coupe and be done with it!
Old 05-28-2009, 12:05 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Matt, selling already?
Old 05-28-2009, 03:07 PM
hidalgo
Advanced

I went from an 06 C4s coupe to an 08 C2s cab. Prefered the 2 wheel drive to the all wheel but just not crazy about the cab. When I got my turbo went back coupe with absolutly no regrets, of course I gace the cab to my wife and she let's me borrow it sometimes. Just my opinion go with the red coupe.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:14 PM
930man
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
Matt, selling already?
the GT3 coming faster than i thought....
i love this car very very nice car... fun driver
Old 06-07-2009, 08:02 AM
petes1966
Track Day

Hi Eric

I just went through the same dilema, alebit it with 996 TT rather than 997. In then end, I decided that since the car's for road use only, the extra flex and weight aren't a problem and those mornings when you get the roof down, the wind in your hair, and a proper appreciation of the lovely noise meant that the Cab was the way to go. Yes, there's the crew that will say that it's a TT, so should get a Coupe, but it doesn't stop me having a big smile on my face all the time. I got a 996 TT S Cab - and it's just brilliant!

pete S
Old 06-17-2009, 02:24 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

I am in the same boat I have never owned a cab but have been considering it since 2005 (almost ordered an TT S). I have had 944TS, 928GT, 993C4, 993TT, 996TT, 996 GT2, 997GT3RS, but since the 993TT these cars have been somewhat redundant to my track car at the time (993Cup, 996Cup (01,03,05) and now 997 Cup.

I sold my RS last year and now have the Porsche bug again - my wife called me Friday from her car and said she just saw a 997 TT Cab, triple black and it was bad @$$ and I needed to get one for our 10th Anniversary. So I am now shopping for a nice low mile cab. Deals out their right now are pretty unbelievable. Not sure if I am a cab guy, but I know my wife has never been this fired up about getting a new Porsche - so we will try one on and see. My kids loved it when I brought my buddies 997 Cab home a few months back, so my guess is they will love this one too.

JCM
Old 06-17-2009, 11:05 PM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Cabs are for well girls. Some guys love em but you will always have to face the question amongst the hard core guys....Ewwww a turbo cab????!!!!!!
Not sure what a "well girl" is. Is this a The Ring reference?

Also, never had anyone ever say "ewwww" anything about the car. Not that I give a rat's @$$ what anyone thinks. It's my car, they can think what they want. My self esteem and well being is not dependent on the hard core guys acceptance.

There are cab people and coupe people, and people can change over time.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:16 PM
Last930
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should always have one of each.
Old 06-21-2009, 02:23 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 231 Likes on 126 Posts

Had been a coupe guy for most of my Porsche years, but read something a long time ago that you should own a convertible at least once in your life. To the guy who has had 3 convertibles in the past but none were Porsches I think you're missing something special. Porsche has done things to make these 997 cabriolets great handling vehicles. I would never have ordered one if they didn't have the glass rear window. I have to be able to see. True, the lines on the back are different than the coupe,--hard to avoid. But then, let's be honest. The rear lines of these 997 and 996 cars are nothing like the classic 911 rear profiles. it's evolution.

I drove a friend's coupe (similar set up but a coupe) and found it stiffer over the long haul than I would care for. Perhaps they just put it all together well for me by tuning it so well with PCCBs and a very dynamic suspension. (I'm referring to a Carrera S and not a turbo).

I don't see anything feminine about a cab vice coupe. I think ultimately you have to decide based upon where you live, and thus it's practical utility,--will you get to use it more than 2-3 months a year, or is it too cold or too hot most of the time?

I also ordered the hardtop so that I can turn it into a pseudo-coupe in about 8 minutes. Many hate the look of those hardtops but at times it's nice,--for about $3500 you get both a cab AND a coupe! For seriously nasty conditions it's nice to just put the hardtop on and protect the canvas, while reducing noise, and gain rear visibility (as the rear window in the hardtops is larger than the rear window in the coupes).

What I would REALLY like is a Carrera S 997.1 with a GT3 997.2 engine! Can someone make THAT happen?! (I wonder if anyone on the inside at Zuffenhausen got one of those built for themselves!)
Old 06-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by Edgy01

I think ultimately you have to decide based upon where you live, and thus it's practical utility,--will you get to use it more than 2-3 months a year, or is it too cold or too hot most of the time?
I disagree to a point. I live in Canada (granted, it is in southern Ontario, not northern Manitoba, so the winters are relatively mild and we are south of say Minnesota and the Dakotas) but I hate to miss even one nice day. Convertible time is realistically late April to September with a scattering of days here and there many other months. Although Al Gore promised me that I will get to drive with top down all year long soon!

I was in LA a few months ago and non-scientifically looking at the cars on the streets, I did not see a dramatic difference in the proportion of convertibles. They are a relative rarity in both locals.

Driving a convertible is like barbecuing. The season is short, so do it all you can, then hibernate until next year!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:24 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 726 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Jlangmd
Driving a convertible is like barbecuing. The season is short, so do it all you can, then hibernate until next year!
Or send the wife out to do it in the snow

Quick Reply: TT Coupe vs TT Cab.....or vice versa