Sponsored by:

TT exhaust tips .... ??

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts
Default TT exhaust tips .... ??

I'd like to change the SS exhaust tips on my TT to a darker look. And, change the Turbo logo as well .... I have a satin black from Bumper Plugs for the logo.

What's the cost of new exhaust tips? And/or ... how difficult is removing the existing OEMs?

Anyone have some input or experience?

TIA
Old 04-10-2009, 12:44 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

10 minute job, several vendors make a black-ish tip. FS, awe for ex. Check out the new FVD ones, they look pretty good.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:33 PM
maineman
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 8 Posts

My car is Slate Gray and I hated the look of the chrome "Turbo" and my stock s/s tips. I got a new Turbo script in Slate from Bumper Plugs and instead of spending $800 plus for aftermarket tips, I had the stockers ceramic coated flat black for about $85. Although some of the aftermarket tips look great, this was a cheap way to vastly improve the look. If you're interested, make sure you ceramic coat and not powder coat, which cannot withstand the heat generated by the exhaust.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:40 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by maineman
My car is Slate Gray and I hated the look of the chrome "Turbo" and my stock s/s tips. I got a new Turbo script in Slate from Bumper Plugs and instead of spending $800 plus for aftermarket tips, I had the stockers ceramic coated flat black for about $85. Although some of the aftermarket tips look great, this was a cheap way to vastly improve the look. If you're interested, make sure you ceramic coat and not powder coat, which cannot withstand the heat generated by the exhaust.
Thanx .... my tho'ts exactly. I looked at some after market tips that were north of a grand. Wow ! Yeah, the car is expensive, but I'm not interested in spending a grand or so to replace the oems.

Where do you get ceramic coating vs powder coating? I have several motorcycle wheels that are powder coated and they look great. Where does one find ceramic coating?
Old 04-27-2009, 09:33 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Baggerdude
Thanx .... my tho'ts exactly. I looked at some after market tips that were north of a grand. Wow ! Yeah, the car is expensive, but I'm not interested in spending a grand or so to replace the oems.

Where do you get ceramic coating vs powder coating? I have several motorcycle wheels that are powder coated and they look great. Where does one find ceramic coating?
Eric at BumperPlugs for the painted logo. JetHot is one ceramic coater - I'm sure there are others. Don't paint or powdercoat the exhaust tips - too hot.

http://www.jet-hot.com/
Old 04-27-2009, 10:28 AM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Thanx for the info. I already have Eric's logo in satin black.
Old 04-30-2009, 08:59 PM
goatfarmer1970
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

FisterD, who posts a lot on the 993 board, also does ceramic coatings and is a RL brother. He has at least four colors, including black.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:39 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Thanx, GF .... I'll check it out.

Quick Reply: TT exhaust tips .... ??