Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SInce Coochas and Jnesq Got TTs I thought.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2009, 08:33 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes, jack, my bad, been dealing with a surgical sales guy named fred all day, his name is on my freakin' brain!.
c
Old 02-26-2009, 10:15 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paul, if you need me to drop by Momentum let me know.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:46 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 51 Likes on 11 Posts

Guys DCP took care of it for me Photographed what I needed to see.
I am just afraid prices are going to drop more and I m going to spend
10-15k more than I need to.
Old 02-26-2009, 10:49 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure they will come down a little bit more, but I say strike now if you find a car that you really like. Offer them a low ball deal and see what happens.
Old 02-26-2009, 11:27 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Roger that, hit 'em with a low price, wait a few days and answer on the third ring. These places are not moving cars, my dealer is like a ghost town right now.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:57 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave I
I think this is the Midnight/Natural Brown car that Tim was linking...when I click on his link it takes me to a 997S search...

http://pioneer.porschedealer.com/200...63686/info.php

They just lowered the price from 92 to 89.
Dave thanks for catching that. It is strange that my original link went to the 997S, e Expecially when I had done the search on the Turbos. I went back and fixed my original link.

Edit: Crap, all of my links go to the same Cobalt 997S. I can't understand that. I have never had that happen before. Damn.

2nd Edit: I figured out what happened to my original links. Doing a "general search" from the main Porsche site will give you the available cars, but if you copy those links and then change to another search criteria, the original links get screwed up. You have to go the the individual dealer site to get the link to "stick."

Last edited by gota911; 02-27-2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:03 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yea I got my feelers out. I am going to wait. Auctions are now in the mid 70's according to
6 speed. so time is on my side except on my AMG trade.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:18 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OldGuy
Yea I got my feelers out. I am going to wait. Auctions are now in the mid 70's according to
6 speed. so time is on my side except on my AMG trade.
just a general word of advice-the price will always be lower on anything that you buy-i have been watching your thread and it seems that every price that you see is a bit too high. prices now are lower than anyone ever thought they would be 6 months ago. if you really want to get the car, and you can afford it, then there are great deals out there now. life is too short to constantly be looking for a better deal. too many people wait and wait, only to have something unfortunate happen. enjoy life while you can-it is good advice.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:31 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Doc, lots of good advice. Keep following to see if there are any more mistakes seriously.
But really I was ready to pull the trigger twice today. The problem is the dealers are all over the map on
my car. I was within $1000 each time. . And when the price was X8,999 he rounded UP on the price making it X0,000 like a thousand didnt mean anything to me AFTER wanting me to pay for the CPO.
Believe me after paying 130 for my 997 GT3 and having a 996 GT3 that stickered for 126K I dont mind paying for a car I want.
Really its come down to my trade. And what sucks is my own dealer my MB Porsche dealer offered me the LOWEST amount all day on my 2500 mile 5 month old C63! THEN I find out after he made me pay top dollar for that car that it had A BUNCH of trunk money with it. I know what trunk money is. My BMW dealer usually shares that with me on purchases.
So yes I am choosing to look for a really good deal this time. In the past when the economy was better I moved much faster. But I am going to wait this time and be patient which is VERY hard for me.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:41 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Doc, lots of good advice. Keep following to see if there are any more mistakes seriously.
But really I was ready to pull the trigger twice today. The problem is the dealers are all over the map on
my car. I was within $1000 each time. . And when the price was X8,999 he rounded UP on the price making it X0,000 like a thousand didnt mean anything to me AFTER wanting me to pay for the CPO.
Believe me after paying 130 for my 997 GT3 and having a 996 GT3 that stickered for 126K I dont mind paying for a car I want.
Really its come down to my trade. And what sucks is my own dealer my MB Porsche dealer offered me the LOWEST amount all day on my 2500 mile 5 month old C63! THEN I find out after he made me pay top dollar for that car that it had A BUNCH of trunk money with it. I know what trunk money is. My BMW dealer usually shares that with me on purchases.
So yes I am choosing to look for a really good deal this time. In the past when the economy was better I moved much faster. But I am going to wait this time and be patient which is VERY hard for me.
you are right about your amg-i leased an e63 about a year ago, saw a pretty good deal on a new one ($1250/month, 27 months, 0 down) and decided to see what that car was about. i love it and have had it for a year-when i look what it is worth, i am very happy to have leased it. i am hoping that in a bit over a year when my lease is up, that m-b financing doesn't want it back and wants to give it to me for a real low price. i also hear you on your car-you have to do what you are comfortable with, but if i was a grand away from the dealer, i would do it. i will continue to watch, but i hope that you get one-e
Old 02-27-2009, 01:49 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Yea Doc this has been squirrely. I keep hearing Used cars have more mark up yet the prices I have seen today, have not moved much off prices. But they want to move WAY off the price on my AMG. And here is another little issue. On the west coast some dealers which will remain nameless but rhyme with Shauto Gallery have no problem asking over 100K for cars with over 15k miles. Yet the east coast puts a premium on cars that are under 10kmiles and those cars are $100K. So if the east coast dealer had cars with 17 or 18K they would be under 90k by their reasoning. But they have only low mile cars. And the West coast dealers have ridiculous prices. Its all really weird right now.
Old 02-27-2009, 01:50 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

I figured out what happened to my original links. Doing a "general search" from the main Porsche site will give you the available cars, but if you copy those links and then change to another search criteria, the original links get screwed up. You have to go the the individual dealer site to get the link to "stick." I guess one learns something every day.

I am sorry my links got screwed up, which only proves that no good deed goes unpunished!
Old 02-27-2009, 01:56 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Yea Doc this has been squirrely. I keep hearing Used cars have more mark up yet the prices I have seen today, have not moved much off prices. But they want to move WAY off the price on my AMG. And here is another little issue. On the west coast some dealers which will remain nameless but rhyme with Shauto Gallery have no problem asking over 100K for cars with over 15k miles. Yet the east coast puts a premium on cars that are under 10kmiles and those cars are $100K. So if the east coast dealer had cars with 17 or 18K they would be under 90k by their reasoning. But they have only low mile cars. And the West coast dealers have ridiculous prices. Its all really weird right now.
that is always the situation-what you have is worth nothing, and what they have is golden. as you have an 09, you might just be beter getting the turbo and holding on to the amg until things stabilize, as i assume that you will get hit so bad on the trade that you will wind up paying to drive it for the next few years anyways.
Old 02-27-2009, 02:13 AM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Doc you got that right. Its the last time I go into the AMG bucket unless I get a Black series.

The thing that has me stopping from "lifes too short, get what you want" is this descrepancy from the
east coast to the west coast. Its 10K and thats keeping cars from getting right into my wheelhouse.
I have never really seen a difference of that much money on the same thing.
I saw a 07 TT somewhere today with 20K++ miles for over a hundred. I saw a silver GT3 RS
the least desirable color for 179k TODAY. I know it would be easy to get into an RS for 120 right now.
I think its proper for this sinusoidal disturbance to settle out.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:50 AM
bonehead
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 137 Posts

OG, how did you make out? Did you find one to your specs? I'm on the hunt myself but just can't seem to find a low mileage one with all the goodies I want.

Quick Reply: SInce Coochas and Jnesq Got TTs I thought.........