Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

Congrats again Bob! I love Co Blue.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:46 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 47 Posts

Well, my son and I made the trip to Rhone Island today and picked her up! A great ride home of 180 miles and the car is simply awesome in every way. I loved my C4S and thought the only difference would be power but I'm so impressed with the overall ride, handling and of course power. I bought it at INSKIP Porsche in Warwick, RI and they were terrific; in and out in no more than 25 minutes. Very professional with all the paper work buttoned up and ready for me when I arrived. They took my trade around the block and said, nice car as described. The TT had 915 miles and is really a brand new car. I took this crappy picture because I wanted to get in it and drive! I was successful in driving home through CT and NY while avoiding the craters created by the terrible winter this year. I'll post some pictures after I clean up the car. Thanks for everyone's feedback, I'm very happy with my new toy. Damn the economic crisis, at least I'll go down in style!!
Attached Images  

Last edited by Bob in NY; 02-01-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:56 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob in NY
I'm very happy with my new toy. Damn the economic crisis, at least I'll go down in style!!
I agree with you, Bob. And, good for you, m'friend. Enjoy the car.

BTW, I bet my car is filthier than yours. Heck, just drive it ... spring is on it's way in a few short MONTHS !
Old 01-31-2009, 11:03 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

[QUOTE=Baggerdude;6238784]I agree with you, Bob. And, good for you, m'friend. Enjoy the car.

BTW, I bet my car is filthier than yours. Heck, just drive it ... spring is on it's way in a few short MONTHS ! [/QUOTE
Bagger, thanks a lot. Mine isn't that dirty, RT95 was pretty dry today but I'll probably have it hand washed tomorrow anyway..
Old 01-31-2009, 11:37 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 68 Posts

congrats... Nice ride.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

That is beautiful Bob, Im super jealous. I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

Hopefully we'll be able to get a glimpse soon on a late winter-early spring drive!

Oliver
(guy with mustang)
Old 02-01-2009, 07:19 PM
ajag
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Cobalt, my favorite. I've got my eye on a '97 Cobalt TT at the dealer around here, but am stuck w/ this lease.
Old 02-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Baggerdude
Burning Brakes

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ajag
Cobalt, my favorite. I've got my eye on a '97 Cobalt TT at the dealer around here, but am stuck w/ this lease.
You have a wonderful car there with the C4S .... and, there will ALWAYS be another car. This year or next. Keep the lease ... and move next year. Hey, maybe the Feds will buy out your lease. Who knows ???
Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, my son and I made the trip to Rhone Island today and picked her up! A great ride home of 180 miles and the car is simply awesome in every way. I loved my C4S and thought the only difference would be power but I'm so impressed with the overall ride, handling and of course power. I bought it at INSKIP Porsche in Warwick, RI and they were terrific; in and out in no more than 25 minutes. Very professional with all the paper work buttoned up and ready for me when I arrived. They took my trade around the block and said, nice car as described. The TT had 915 miles and is really a brand new car. I took this crappy picture because I wanted to get in it and drive! I was successful in driving home through CT and NY while avoiding the craters created by the terrible winter this year. I'll post some pictures after I clean up the car. Thanks for everyone's feedback, I'm very happy with my new toy. Damn the economic crisis, at least I'll go down in style!!
Bob,

She looks schweet! Love the color. Bob...I think you are running out of 997 variants to upgrade to!

Great weekend to pick up the car as the weather was nice yesterda and today as well. We may have to move up the Spring Run to get the car out there sooner! Can't wait to see it!

Congrats again!
Old 02-02-2009, 01:29 PM
Bob in NY
Drifting

Thanks Arrwin, I can't wait for Spring! Lets see, C2, C4S, TT, that's it for 997's....I'm pretty well spent on cars for the foreseeable future!
Old 02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
GeoT3
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Arrwin, I can't wait for Spring! Lets see, C2, C4S, TT, that's it for 997's....I'm pretty well spent on cars for the foreseeable future!
Bob,
don't forget GT 2 is really your next step for the 997 variants.... as once you go turbo you can't go back...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:00 PM
TRUANTlkn
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a 2007 C4S Cab (treded my C2S Cab for it) and just wasn't enthused with the power, though I loved the all wheel drive. After selling that car for a very brief stint in a 993 Turbo, I traded it and I took delivery of my '08 TTCab 4 months ago and have not looked back. The power is incredible, and I don't drive the car hard enough in the corners to tell a difference in handling vs. the C4S. Best part, I upgraded the ECU and now have 634lb ft and 540hp. There is not another automobile in the world I would rather have.

You are right, the market is in the dirt. '07 TT coupes are bringing $80k's at auction with less that 7k miles. Go ahead and splurge, it's the right time to do it. You won't regret it!
Old 02-02-2009, 11:28 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bob - Congrats. It's a gorgeous car!!
Old 02-03-2009, 05:13 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TRUANTlkn
I had a 2007 C4S Cab (treded my C2S Cab for it) and just wasn't enthused with the power, though I loved the all wheel drive. After selling that car for a very brief stint in a 993 Turbo, I traded it and I took delivery of my '08 TTCab 4 months ago and have not looked back. The power is incredible, and I don't drive the car hard enough in the corners to tell a difference in handling vs. the C4S. Best part, I upgraded the ECU and now have 634lb ft and 540hp. There is not another automobile in the world I would rather have.

You are right, the market is in the dirt. '07 TT coupes are bringing $80k's at auction with less that 7k miles. Go ahead and splurge, it's the right time to do it. You won't regret it!
i agree-if you can afford it, a 997tt is a great car-i love mine. but just one point about it's value. chris, the tt surgeon, has made this point various times. auction prices have little correlation and relevance to you and i. in most cases, they represent the absolute rock bottom prices of cars that were passed upon by the dealers who they were traded to. those values represent the amount of money that wholesalers or "road hogs" will try to steal your car from you for. try this-go to a dealer and see if they will sell you one of their used cars for it's manhiem value. if you want a turbo, find a good one, pay a fair price, and drive it in good health.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:30 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Absolutely right doc!

Quick Reply: Anyone upgrade from a C4S..