Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$275 for brake flush and bleed...

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:24 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts

Wow LTC, your plethora of knowledge out-stands me... But out of curiosity, WHO CARES who actually owns Skip Barber? Who cares what cars they use for one school vs. the other.. This is not a SKIP BARBER thread.. And do you really think you are telling me ANYTHING that I don't already know.

Your post was clearly not meant to inform the misinformed but rather a blatant effort to contradict me in an effort to make me sound: stupid, uninformed, etc. Don't serve me a horse **** sandwich and call it Thanksgiving dinner.

And then after your effort to contradict me, you made a point to try to subvert my presence by offering your unsolicited opinions on my use of protective tape at the track.

I think you have a little bit of an ego problem. And while you may have a high post count, while you may be very knowledgeable about automotive, you also are clearly a very proud of yourself.

As far as the tape goes... Dumbass, do you really think I'm not aware of clear bra and Xpel.. Obviously I have chosen not to use them because, 1) I don't like the way it looks. 2) If installed improperly (which most installs are) you will get razor cuts in the paint. 3) Did I mention that is looks like ****?
- I'd rather just pull the tape off the car at the end of the event.. And I save the $2000 cost of putting ugly crap all over my car that also may effect the paint color, fade issues..

Lastly... WOW, you have a 964 Euro Cup. I think I just wet my pants. Maybe I'll take a moment and list all the cars I own too.

Are we done yet?
Cause really, I don't feel the need to advertise all my cars in my signature. But I'm more than happy to share.

Or maybe we should just whip out our penises and see whose is bigger. I'm betting I got you by at least a couple inches..

P.S. - I like caffeine.

Last edited by B-Line; 12-21-2008 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-21-2008, 09:28 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
Wow LTC, your plethora of knowledge out-stands me...
'out-stands me'? Sorry, better run that one thru grammar/spell check one more time.
Are you sure you don't at least want to try a break from caffeine, at least before typing?

But out of curiosity, WHO CARES who actually owns Skip Barber? Who cares what cars they use for one school vs. the other.. This is not a SKIP BARBER thread.. And do you really think you are telling me ANYTHING that I don't already know...
Again, simply additional information and clarification for those who may not be as well informed.

Your post was clearly not meant to inform the misinformed but rather a blatant effort to contradict me in an effort to make me sound: stupid, uninformed, etc...
I don't have to do that, you're doing a fine job all by youself.

And then after your effort to contradict me, you made a point to try to subvert my presence by offering your unsolicited opinions on my use of protective tape at the track...
Not at all.
I realize you have a fear of 3M clear bra products.
I realize you use tape to protect the sensitive areas of your car.
I am amazed at the almost 'magnetic' attraction that your tape can provide by causing all debris to be attracted to the tape, rather than hit any of the unprotected portions of the car. Impressive physics trick, I must say.

I think you have a little bit of an ego problem. And while you may have a high post count, while you may be very knowledgeable about automotive, you also are clearly a very proud of yourself...
Thank you.

As far as the tape goes... Dumbass, do you really think I'm not aware of clear bra and Xpel.. Obviously I have chosen not to use them because, 1) I don't like the way it looks. 2) If installed improperly (which most installs are) you will get razor cuts in the paint. 3) Did I mention that is looks like ****?
- I'd rather just pull the tape off the car at the end of the event.. And I save the $2000 cost of putting ugly crap all over my car that also may effect the paint color, fade issues..
See above.
BTW, there is an installer who advertises on this board, from CA I believe, Premiere or something, who has done installs on CGTs, Ferraris, Maseratti MC-12's, etc and is highly regarded across several forums. They have done full body wraps and I"m pretty sure they've never had an issue with razor blades cutting the paint. They appear to be highly skilled professionals.
Or maybe we should just whip out our penises and see whose is bigger. I'm betting I got you by at least a couple inches..
You are correct.
Since I am in fact a woman (doesn't come across well in a typed response, I admit.) and lack a *****, you win by default.
So your 2" ***** is in fact a couple of inches bigger than mine.

Relax, you'll live longer.
BTW, now getting back to your $275 oil change......
Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 126 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
'out-stands me'? Sorry, better run that one thru grammar/spell check one more time.
Are you sure you don't at least want to try a break from caffeine, at least before typing?
out·stand (out-stnd)
intr.v. out·stood (-std), out·stand·ing, out·stands
To stand out plainly

(Maybe you need to look up sarcasm....)

Originally Posted by ltc
Again, simply additional information and clarification for those who may not be as well informed.
Nobody cares..

Originally Posted by ltc
I don't have to do that, you're doing a fine job all by youself.
LOL, again, NOBODY CARES...

Originally Posted by ltc
Not at all.
I realize you have a fear of 3M clear bra products.
I realize you use tape to protect the sensitive areas of your car.
I am amazed at the almost 'magnetic' attraction that your tape can provide by causing all debris to be attracted to the tape, rather than hit any of the unprotected portions of the car. Impressive physics trick, I must say.
Fear and dislike are not the same thing. You can wrap your car how ever you like. It still looks like ****. And no, I can't keep all the debris from hitting my car, can only try to protect areas that seem to get more chips. But then again, i guess you clear bra your entire car in a wrap.. That's attractive.

Originally Posted by ltc
See above.
BTW, there is an installer who advertises on this board, from CA I believe, Premiere or something, who has done installs on CGTs, Ferraris, Maseratti MC-12's, etc and is highly regarded across several forums. They have done full body wraps and I"m pretty sure they've never had an issue with razor blades cutting the paint. They appear to be highly skilled professionals.
Still looks like ****.

Originally Posted by ltc
Oh, and BTW, you forgot to laugh at the 964 Euro Cup car..... it's the one listed right after the wife's 993 Targa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You are correct.
Since I am in fact a woman (doesn't come across well in a typed response, I admit.) and lack a *****, you win by default.
So your 2" ***** is in fact a couple of inches bigger than mine.
Hey, I'm all for same sex marriages....

Originally Posted by ltc
Relax, you'll live longer.
BTW, now getting back to your $275 oil change......
Stop spending so much time being obnixous... You might not live longer but I guarantee you'll be happier.. P.S, it wasn't an oil change, it was a brake bleed/flush.. How's that reading comprehension going? Hooked on phonics yet?
Old 12-24-2008, 05:34 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Back onto the original topic of brake flush/bleed. I do it all on my own on my lift. It cost me about $30 for the good fluid and half hour or less of my time, thats it

Old 12-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I just contacted Speed-bleeders regarding an application for 996 GT3. I used speedbleeders for years in my 930- They are wonderful and I never had any issues. I ordered a stock bleeder and will be sending it to them to see if they can match it. I use Motul 600- higher boiling point than ATE Blue..
Old 12-24-2008, 06:17 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
I just contacted Speed-bleeders regarding an application for 996 GT3. I used speedbleeders for years in my 930- They are wonderful and I never had any issues. I ordered a stock bleeder and will be sending it to them to see if they can match it. I use Motul 600- higher boiling point than ATE Blue..
+1 on the Motul 600. Thats all I put in my cars. It's the best brake fluid on earth.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:11 PM
maverick
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Just curious..... but how critical is it to flush and fill the break fluid every 2 years? I understand the fluid can absorb moisture and if racing can cause premature boiling issues, but for street use low miles per year etc is it critical?
Old 12-26-2008, 05:19 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

For track use- 3 times a season!
Old 12-26-2008, 05:31 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

When I tracked my car I use to do it every time I went to the track. It may seem a little overkill, but it never hert, and since I have my own lift it was easy.

Last edited by MHC2S; 12-26-2008 at 11:30 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

MH, love your lift!
Old 12-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Where in NJ- Can I borrow your lift? !! NNJR member?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by maverick
Just curious..... but how critical is it to flush and fill the break fluid every 2 years? I understand the fluid can absorb moisture and if racing can cause premature boiling issues, but for street use low miles per year etc is it critical?
Yes.
Although the % moisture absorbed into the brake fluid will not pose a fade (boiling) issue under 'normal/street' use, it is a long term issue regarding corrosion of the pistons.
It should be flushed every 2 years.....and make sure to do the clutch slave/accumulator at the same time (no matter how much of a PITA you may think it is)
Old 12-26-2008, 08:05 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Gofishracing
For track use- 3 times a season!
If you use SRF, you can simply flush at the beginning of the season and bleed very infrequently....a secondary benefit of Castrol SRF.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by MHC2S
+1 on the Motul 600. Thats all I put in my cars. It's the best brake fluid on earth.

I use RBF 600 in my son's karts, but IMHO, Castrol SRF is a superior (wet boiling point...the only parameter that really matters) brake fluid to the Motul.....although both are vastly superior to OEM or ATE.....and dont' leave a 'ring around the bowl' like ATE Blue.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:26 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

SRF no different than other brake fluid- it absorbs moisture and boiling temperature is lowered. Not sure if it offers any advantage- price vs wet boiling point. I still like Motul 600- maybe they will give me sponsorship $$

Quick Reply: $275 for brake flush and bleed...