Received 117 Likes on 60 Posts

And why is it sad? And why is it funny?
Old 12-17-2008, 10:39 AM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by B-Line
The Turbo gets track tape also....

Great picture! What is the scenario there? Did you overtake the vette or was he pressing you?
Old 12-17-2008, 04:45 PM
B-Line
Drifting

I guess I should give full disclosure..

The Vette overtook. BUT:

1) The Vette was set up for competition. Full slicks, cage, WORKED. It was a MONSTER.
2) The Turbo is bone stock. Street tires too.
3) It wasn't me driving the Turbo, It was my brother. He's a very fast driver but neither he nor I will drive the Turbo at it's limits. We both race Skip Barber Western Series, open wheel, open cockpit. So while we'll push and have some fun, neither of us is looking to wad up the turbo. And it was brand new when that shot was taken. I'll drive a Skip car as fast as I can, but not my $130,000 turbo on a lapping day.

And that's the truth.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:52 PM
DreamCarrera
Drifting

Received 128 Likes on 80 Posts

And why is it sad? And why is it funny?
+1 Inquiring minds want to know.

Sweet pic B-Line.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:12 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by DreamCarrera
Sweet pic B-Line.
Thanks, I love my Pcars..

Truth is, I haven't been tracking them much lately. Been busy racing these:

And here's a pic of C2S doing some laps at Thunderhill

Old 12-18-2008, 07:35 PM
CP
Race Director

Received 334 Likes on 239 Posts

B-Line,

Is that a Swift Engineering race car?

CP
Old 12-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Cowhorn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

B-Line,

I am drooling over your cars! Gorgeous C2S and turbo! Please keep me in mind if ever you decide to part with the "S".

I don't blame you for not pushing your own cars to the limit on the track. That is what those schools (where you can use (and abuse) their cars) are for.
Old 12-20-2008, 02:18 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Thanks Jim,

I've had my C2S since 2001. I'm not the first owner but I'll probably be it's last. I have no intentions of selling it, EVER.. lol.. Not that I haven't thought about it but then I come to my senses and realize how hard it would be to replace a, 97 C2S with Aero, Artic Silver, Bk in a 6spd. And it's only got about 44,000 miles.

But I'll keep you in mind should I ever change my mind..

CP,
The race car is a R/T 2000. And there actually not school cars, the school cars don't have a sequential gearbox, aero kit and are detuned. The R/T 2000 is what Skip Barber uses for both their regional and national race series. They are fantastic for open wheel, development racing cause they have no forgiveness.

Most people don't realize that besides of Skip Barbers driving and racing schools, they also run a VERY serious, arrive and drive, spec, race series. It's great bang for the buck and you don't have to worry about owning your own race car.. And because it's a spec series, at least in theory, everyone is on the same playing field in terms of car..

I highly recommend it.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:28 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't feel bad.
I had my X51 done this summer and it was $299.. "Brake flush with PSM" $267.
Brake fluid $32. But it was part of the $1800 2 year service.
Glad I dont expect to keep the car another 2 years
Old 12-20-2008, 10:58 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

The race car is a R/T 2000. And there actually not school cars, the school cars don't have a sequential gearbox, aero kit and are detuned...
Incorrect.
The R/T 2000 (5 speed sequential) is the school car for the following programs:

Advanced 2 day racing
Lapping
Lead-Follow
Practice
F2000 test day

The 'school' cars (4 speed Hewland/Webster) are used for the 3 day racing school, advanced car control, one day combo
Old 12-20-2008, 03:48 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Jeez LTC,

Someone really has a bug up their ****. I guess you are such a fine researcher that www.skipbarber.com probably only took you one click to find that info.

But in other news........ While Skip does use the R/T for the advanced 2 day, and technically you are correct, at the track they classify the cars by calling them SCHOOL cars or R/T cars. As far as lapping, lead/follow, practice, those are all activities that the racers do prior to an event. I've never seen ANYONE come up to a race weekend for a lead/follow who wasn't there for a race weekend.

Also, the advanced 2 day school, while not racing, is considered to be the lead into racing, where the 3 day which uses the "school cars" is a lesser genre.

So while my post may not have been specifically and anally correct, the intent was there. But thanks for chimming in. Cause really, I don't know how the Skip racing and school program works...
Old 12-20-2008, 05:08 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

No, I'm just familiar with the program.

I did Skip Barber and my son did a Formula BMW test last year, so I just remembered some Skip info.

BTW, I find it humorous that someone who tapes their cars would use the term '****' when referring to someone else.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:56 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Ohhhh, so that's what this is about. The fact that I use race tape on lapping days to protect certain areas of my cars that are prone to rock chips..

LTC, lets be clear on one thing, I'm not quite the pansy *** you might like to make me out to be. And while you may not agree with my use and placement of race tape on lapping days, obviously companies like 3M and all the purchasers who put clear bras on their car agree with me. Certain areas of cars are prone to rock chips especially during track days. Though I hate clear bra and find that taking 10 minutes to tape prone areas before a lapping day help to protect my rides.. Especially around the hood, lights and mirrors.

That's not ****, that's just proactive. I'm glad though that you get a good laugh at it. Personally I get a good laugh at your choice of Turbo's and 993's. I would buy neither a 996 or a targa, so I guess we're even. You don't like my use of tape, I don't like your taste in cars.

Furthermore, your 3 day racing school, car control clinic, Formula BMW test, etc. clearly makes you the Skip Barber authority on this board. Thanks for your contribution and at my next race weekend, I'll be sure to remind the instructors that the R/T's are technically school cars also and they should no longer use that designation.

Lastly, while they do use the R/T for certain classes, they are Skip Barber's race car. Call it what you want, debate me all you want. But they teach the 2 days school in the race cars, that doesn't make it a school car. Just as the vans they use to give drivers ride arounds are not "school cars" either.
Old 12-20-2008, 08:07 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

May I suggest a 'time out' from caffeine?

I simply pointed out that, after graduation from 3 day school, you use the R/T 2000 cars up to and including the SB racing series.
It is designed and marketed as such, to allow you to build time/confidence in the car that you will both practice and race in.
It was simply a clarification for anyone perhaps didn't know much about the structure of the SB program (ironically sold by Skip Barber to a bunch of students who took the course and offered to buy it, and still use his name)

As for the tape, it would seem simpler to just apply 3M clear bra (as you noted previously) and Xpel headlight/foglight film on the areas of concern; thus protecting you on both the street and the track.

Oh, and BTW, you forgot to laugh at the 964 Euro Cup car..... it's the one listed right after the wife's 993 Targa.

Quick Reply: $275 for brake flush and bleed...