Sponsored by:

New Dice Electronics iPod Integration Kit for 997TT

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 06:01 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Dice Electronics iPod Integration Kit for 997TT

Vivid Racing now sells and USES in our 997TT the Dice Electronics iPod integration kit for the Porsche. This is a seemless integration kit designed for the Porsche.

Connect your iPod to your vehicle’s factory entertainment system and hear what your iPod should sound like in your Acura. CD-quality sound and controlled from your Acura’s radio or steering wheel buttons without the need for messy adapters or FM transmitters. The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit always keeps your iPod integrated, charged and ready to go. The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit will also display text from your iPod onto your Audi’s Radio/Navigation display allowing you to view Artist, Song Title and Album name while both hands are safe on the steering wheel.

The Radio interface version of the DICE kit is a favorite among professional installers. This kit allows a direct connection directly at the radio, eliminating a long cable from the CD changer connectors in the trunk. This also provide a shorter cable route, reducing the possibility of engine noise. The Radio interface kit is also choice for models that do not have CD Changer prewiring.

A clean factory looking installation is possible with our sleek iPod docking cable (included), allowing full connectivity for all iPods utilizing a dock connector - including the iPhone and iPod touch.
The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit connects right to the cd changer connectors or radio connector (depending on configuration) already present in your Acura. The DICE SILVERLINE module transfers information between the iPod and radio through an included iPod-specific docking cable, as if it were an original Acura accessory.

New features of DICE SILVERLINE iPod Integration kit include:
- Direct integrated connection, without the need for FM transmiters or casette adapters
- Full Text Display (CD43 users only)
- Full control of your iPod via the radio buttons while in play
- Browse by Individual Song
- Browse by Individual Playlist
- Browse by Individual Albums
- Source Selector w/ Integrated AUX input
- Album Selection
- Full charging mode for iPods through included dock connector

You can browse your iPod with the radio buttons without booting into separate modes. Using the integrated DIP switches allows you to revert from DICE and Simple UI mode, Allowing the iPod to remain in “iPod UI” allows for a basic operation of the iPod’s Clickwheel and can be switched to Enhanced DICE mode at any time.

View Dice Electronic iPod Integration Kits Here

Old 09-21-2008, 11:00 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Default why the price?

hello, thank you for posting.
but....why is the porsche package 550$ and every other car offered is 150$?
just wondering....
Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by vividracing
Vivid Racing now sells and USES in our 997TT the Dice Electronics iPod integration kit for the Porsche. This is a seemless integration kit designed for the Porsche.

Connect your iPod to your vehicle’s factory entertainment system and hear what your iPod should sound like in your Acura. CD-quality sound and controlled from your Acura’s radio or steering wheel buttons without the need for messy adapters or FM transmitters. The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit always keeps your iPod integrated, charged and ready to go. The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit will also display text from your iPod onto your Audi’s Radio/Navigation display allowing you to view Artist, Song Title and Album name while both hands are safe on the steering wheel.

The Radio interface version of the DICE kit is a favorite among professional installers. This kit allows a direct connection directly at the radio, eliminating a long cable from the CD changer connectors in the trunk. This also provide a shorter cable route, reducing the possibility of engine noise. The Radio interface kit is also choice for models that do not have CD Changer prewiring.

A clean factory looking installation is possible with our sleek iPod docking cable (included), allowing full connectivity for all iPods utilizing a dock connector - including the iPhone and iPod touch.
The DICE SILVERLINE iPod integration kit connects right to the cd changer connectors or radio connector (depending on configuration) already present in your Acura. The DICE SILVERLINE module transfers information between the iPod and radio through an included iPod-specific docking cable, as if it were an original Acura accessory.

New features of DICE SILVERLINE iPod Integration kit include:
- Direct integrated connection, without the need for FM transmiters or casette adapters
- Full Text Display (CD43 users only)
- Full control of your iPod via the radio buttons while in play
- Browse by Individual Song
- Browse by Individual Playlist
- Browse by Individual Albums
- Source Selector w/ Integrated AUX input
- Album Selection
- Full charging mode for iPods through included dock connector

You can browse your iPod with the radio buttons without booting into separate modes. Using the integrated DIP switches allows you to revert from DICE and Simple UI mode, Allowing the iPod to remain in “iPod UI” allows for a basic operation of the iPod’s Clickwheel and can be switched to Enhanced DICE mode at any time.

View Dice Electronic iPod Integration Kits Here

Dear Sirs,
Thank you for posting this here on Rennlist.
I only have one question:

What if I don't own an Acura?
Old 09-22-2008, 09:15 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Dear Sirs,
Thank you for posting this here on Rennlist.
I only have one question:

What if I don't own an Acura?
It works with Audi's too. Do you have one of those?

(just messing with Dan (Vivid))
Old 09-22-2008, 11:41 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by jonoz
hello, thank you for posting.
but....why is the porsche package 550$ and every other car offered is 150$?
just wondering....
I would imagine the $150 kit is not MOST (plastic optical fiber, used in all MY03+ Porsches),hence the difference in cost.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:50 PM
evolvedaz
Former Vendor

OOPS I copied the Acura text. LOL. I dont know why the pricing for Porsche is different.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:32 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

OOPS I copied the Acura text. LOL. I dont know why the pricing for Porsche is different.
It's because of MOST.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:45 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

Yes, MOST is not an easy technology to work around. Dension is the de-facto leader in this technology and has a time-tested, well-proven iPod integration (and Bluetooth) unit that thousands of Porsche owners are now using. It's been around nearly two years, not released last month, and is easily updated via firmware (USB). You can retain your factory cd changer as well.

And our sales price is always below list. List is $549, we carry it for $489, and our group buy that just ended last weekend puts it in your hands even lower than that.

Along with direct-to-engineering-department tech support, we have new inventory every 10 days.

Sure, there are options out there, and I'm glad to see Dan and others touting what they may have for this great community. Just know the limits of each product, and you should be fine.

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 09-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Eric - Any feedback on the 2009 bluetooth and ipod integration? I wouldn't be surprised if the Dension is better than the "new" Porsche factory setup.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:35 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

We have a solution for iPod and BT in the '09.....it's still early, but working fine on two test cars.

Email me for details.

eric@bumperplugs.com
Old 09-22-2008, 08:36 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Eric - Any feedback on the 2009 bluetooth and ipod integration? I wouldn't be surprised if the Dension is better than the "new" Porsche factory setup.
IIRC, Bluetooth is now integrated into PCM3.0

Quick Reply: New Dice Electronics iPod Integration Kit for 997TT