Sponsored by:

front license plate dilemma

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:04 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 672 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
2 tickets, won't even let you go thru the midtown tunnel w/o it anymore. The holes are no biggie.
coming in or going out? Fortunately, I'm not in there every day and my car is not my DD. Was actually thinking of taking it in tomorrow.

I've been stopped but i have the plate under the seat and told him it was removed to do the clear film and had to get new brackets from the dealer. he let me go. This was heading back to the Island. I usually try to get as close to the car in front so they can't see LOL! I was coming from NYU and there were two cops standing on one of the corners. I think they called ahead to the guys who stand in that little booth (where they pull over the trucks) and they flagged me down.
Old 06-12-2008, 10:07 AM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Mower Axle deal.. Doesn't look that bad all things considered. Driving on the weekends through all the little villages/towns in Westchester (New York City suburbs) you simply would't get away with the excuses more than once as you see the same cops time and time again. A pass the first time but the second time they would know you had BS'd them ..and that's not good. Plus driving without the front plate gives any law officer "probable cause " to pull you over..and you never know what that can lead to.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Frino
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RAKLAW
Plus driving without the front plate gives any law officer "probable cause " to pull you over..and you never know what that can lead to.
Exactly why I bit the bullet and mounted the front plate when I first got my 911.

Quick Reply: front license plate dilemma