Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deviated Stitch Error

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2008, 08:31 PM
need_cayman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had the same exact problem with my cayman s.

I ordered it in black with full red stitching.

The car came with red stitcching all over except the handbrake and shift boot (I ordered a manual).

I was pissed! It worked out because they got the parts flown in from Germany in 2 months. Also the car gear & handbrake came in Aluminum that I did not order. I assumed they realized the mistake too late eto get it fixed because the car needed to ship, so they tried to break even by giving me aluminum parts.

Why are they doing this? It seems that the cost is greater , so they are choosing to dismiss it?
Old 09-21-2008, 11:10 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Default i am not sure i understand this thread!

um....does deviated stitching really colour your appreciation of this wonderful car....
hmmmmm.
i admit it is nice but the price versus performance increment is really not measureable ....at least not in this galaxy.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:24 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by need_cayman
I had the same exact problem with my cayman s.

I ordered it in black with full red stitching.

The car came with red stitcching all over except the handbrake and shift boot (I ordered a manual).

I was pissed! It worked out because they got the parts flown in from Germany in 2 months. Also the car gear & handbrake came in Aluminum that I did not order. I assumed they realized the mistake too late eto get it fixed because the car needed to ship, so they tried to break even by giving me aluminum parts.

Why are they doing this? It seems that the cost is greater , so they are choosing to dismiss it?
If the ordering for the Cayman is the same as the 997, then you need to specify option DAW which gives you dev stitching on the shifter/center console and also the alum ebrake.
This is something that dealers should know when ordering dev stitching. Then again, it is odd that Porsche configures things like that.
Old 09-22-2008, 07:49 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by jonoz
um....does deviated stitching really colour your appreciation of this wonderful car....
hmmmmm.
i admit it is nice but the price versus performance increment is really not measureable ....at least not in this galaxy.
I used to feel this way then I had a change of heart.
My new turbo on order has all sorts of 'little' options including deviated stitching. I figure the base car costs almost 130K now so adding another 10K in interior options which makes the car more unique is a reasonable thing to do. For those of us that use our cars as daily drivers (which Porsches are meant to be!), that little extra luxury can be a nice thing.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:08 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Default i am a daily driver

yes....I do drive my tt every day, over 7000 km in 2 months.....for me to spend 10k on stitching wouldn't work....however....a sweet breguet or patek sitting on my left wrist for a bit more cash probably would be a happy compromise!
cheers.
( i really like the stitching...really)
Old 09-22-2008, 11:14 PM
jonoz
Instructor

Default ps

Believe it or not....there might be a few of us on this site that purchasing the 997 tt was the result of pursuing a life long dream inspite or despite the cost.
I know it was for me.....I grew up with a poster of an early Porsche turbo tacked to my bedroom wall....it was close to the best day of my life ( after 1. marriage to my long suffering spouse who put up with my car mania. 2. birth of my children who really don't understand number 1 or 2 for that matter!) when my atlas grey metallic beauty was delivered to my driveway!
anyways....I hope everybody enjoys their dream car....I know I do every day.
cheers.
j

Quick Reply: Deviated Stitch Error