Adios C4S... hello TT! WOW!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 11:33 PM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Haku
Yep clear markers a definite must.
The carpet is black.... I guess thats what they call "deviated".
i agree with chris-it is the top of the line-i have had a 997 c4s and a 997tt and a 997s-the turbo is the most spectacular car-the truth is that on our roads, we cannot use the power of the turbo except on a rare situation. when i come out of a tool booth i can give it the juice, but other than that, the turbo and the c4s will give you equal enjoyment. but if it is a turbo you want, then why not?
Old 04-27-2008, 09:55 AM
Moderato
Racer

You don't notice a weight difference at all between the two? How does the ground clearance compare? What about the AWD system? The Turbo & C4S have very different systems, how do they compare? Thanks.
Old 04-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The car will handle even better when you lower it 2 inches. Plus look better. Congrats and enjoy.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 418 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Moderato
You don't notice a weight difference at all between the two? How does the ground clearance compare? What about the AWD system? The Turbo & C4S have very different systems, how do they compare? Thanks.
I'll try to reply in my totally non-technical manner.

The weight difference is noticeable (in that there's more in front) but it's in no way discomforting or feels like its a "drag". It is different drive than the C4S no doubt... but not in any negative way. I think the power and its delivery is what I find intoxicating and so easy to use. With the C4S I felt that I had to almost plan in advance my need for power when driving... with the Turbo there is almost always enough power available "on tap".

The front lip is of course lower and I more conscious of what I drive over but around where I live the roads are terrific and I am in fact thinking of lowering the car car by an inch... still need to do some research into that.

The AWD does feel very different... it is noticeable... feels much more like RWD than AWD. You become much more aware when the front starts biting on hairpins etc... at times that together with the added power make me having to be a bit more careful about when to put the power down.

As has been mentioned by a few on this board, the 4S and Turbo are two entirely different drives. Each are very capable cars but if torque and HP float your boat... there is only one option! For me, no regrets at all in getting the TT... but phew... Black is a tough one to keep clean... I'm shedding pounds!
Old 04-28-2008, 05:39 AM
tmc
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Had a T4S before the 997TT.

The difference is not off the line, although clearly the Turbo will win there. The argument that we can't use these cars in the US because of speed limits is missing the point-- this isn't about top speed vs. top speed. It's about acceleration and torque. The more telling figure is the 60-100mph acceleration for a car. That's where you feel it, yes even in the US. A Turbo is a (much) sharper knife with which to slice through traffic, and yes even when obeying all the traffic rules, etc.

I think of the T4S as being the heavier car in feel. My now long past C2S was the lightest-- and IMHO had the most "993 nature" to it, the seat of the pants, almost losing it in the limit, kind of feel. That can be fun... and then really not fun when the end steps out and you end up in the weeds.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:46 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

By comparison, my lighter 993 C2S seemed to dance from one corner to the next, so light it almost felt airborne. The TT feels more planted.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:11 AM
Moderato
Racer

With so many different options for the 997 platform it can be almost impossible to choose. I had decided it would be a C2S for me but now I'm wondering if I won't be happy unless I have a TT. Thanks for the replies.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:57 PM
MishaDesigns
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Great decision!
Your new ride looks beutiful!
Old 04-29-2008, 10:34 PM
turbodickie
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Tennessee Turbo. I'm in Sparta.
Old 04-30-2008, 06:35 AM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Thanks for the comments folks.

Originally Posted by turbodickie
Nice Tennessee Turbo. I'm in Sparta.
td, pm sent.

Are you a PCA member? if so, in Chattanooga ?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

What's the wt difference btwn a C4S and a TT, can't be that much at all?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:58 AM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

Took the car out to play with my other love...my 83 year old Dad! He loved it!
This pic is awesome, glad the old man approved. I really miss my dad, wish he was still here, he loved cars just as much as my brother and I. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:49 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TT Surgeon
What's the wt difference btwn a C4S and a TT, can't be that much at all?
TT = 3,494 lbs. (1,585 kg)
C4S = 3,252 lbs.

Originally Posted by SA Mike
This pic is awesome, glad the old man approved. I really miss my dad, wish he was still here, he loved cars just as much as my brother and I. Enjoy it in good health.
Mike, the smile on my Pops was worth every cent I paid for the car. I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm sure he knew he was loved.

My Dad is an above knee amputee and I almost lost him 3 years ago when his leg was amputated... we got through it and he's walking and traveling... and last year we battled his bladder cancer together and removed the diseased organ and had a reconstruction done and he's learnt how to use the new bladder. He had his major checkup yesterday for recurring signs of C and the results are ALL CLEAR!!!! Hooray! So now my time is split between fun with parents, nephew, girlfriend, cat, and work. In that order! oh and the car!
Old 04-30-2008, 02:16 PM
SA Mike
Thank You
Rennlist Member

He had his major checkup yesterday for recurring signs of C and the results are ALL CLEAR!!!! Hooray! So now my time is split between fun with parents, nephew, girlfriend, cat, and work. In that order! oh and the car!

Sounds like he's doing much better, fantastic. Best of luck to you, your dad....and the car
Old 05-01-2008, 10:14 AM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Beautiful.

Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

Quick Reply: Adios C4S... hello TT! WOW!