Sponsored by:

Leather Visors

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 01:28 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 244 Likes on 135 Posts

I, too, have the leather visors. I also hated the labels so I removed them. I used a considerable amount of elbow grease to get them off the leather side, and a bit more on the black plastic side. In fact, I hated the way the black plastic looked after I was done I went out and bought a can of that black paint for plastic (I think it's Krylon) and masked it off and shot it. (I believe the visors can be simply pulled off their rods).

As you have noticed, the leather side labels appear to be somewhat embossed on. Once I got them off the leather the leather is healing itself and starting to blend in with the rest of the leather.

I recall several posts on this on the Rennlist 997 forum,--including one or two by myself.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 AM
jhbrennan
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
I, too, have the leather visors. I also hated the labels so I removed them. I used a considerable amount of elbow grease to get them off the leather side, and a bit more on the black plastic side. In fact, I hated the way the black plastic looked after I was done I went out and bought a can of that black paint for plastic (I think it's Krylon) and masked it off and shot it. (I believe the visors can be simply pulled off their rods).

As you have noticed, the leather side labels appear to be somewhat embossed on. Once I got them off the leather the leather is healing itself and starting to blend in with the rest of the leather.

I recall several posts on this on the Rennlist 997 forum,--including one or two by myself.
I agree on the "elbow grease" - I used lots of the 3M adhesive remover on the leather side and followed with many applications of leather conditioner. Even with the light just right and with my reading glasses on, I don't see any evidence of the stickers. Previously I did the same removal on vinyl and I could always see a shadow of an outline of the sticker - just barely, but it was there. I had no problems on the side with the plastic mirror cover. I have to wonder what good these stickers really do - does anyone drive differently after reading the stickers??

Quick Reply: Leather Visors