Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 09:26 PM
detailjohn
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trust me, it's not as easy as their website makes it seem, but it's hands down the best paint protection product on the market. We also use Zymol, but you can't even compare the two in quality.

John
Old 01-30-2008, 11:13 PM
Ms.Greta
Instructor

Originally Posted by detailjohn
It really works, very very well. I recommend having a certified installer install it, but it is definitely permanent. It gives an amazing depth of gloss, and it also beads water far more than ANY wax. Completely resistant to acids, bird droppings, etc. We probably coat 5 cars or more a week, and we've NEVER had a problem with it. Besides, it's got a lifetime warranty. It's also very very good in hot climate because it will help cure very very hard. Here in Seattle, we have to "bake" paint with curing lamps to ensure that maximum scratch resistance is provided before the car leaves.

John
John, can you send me your company information please? I have a new turbo coming in in a few months (white) and may consider this. PM me or send me a link please. Thank you!
Old 01-31-2008, 02:53 AM
997Vancity
Instructor

Iono I have yet to see any good info on this product other then people with less then 25 posts say how good it is...check autopia not much mention.

snake oil?
Old 02-04-2008, 08:35 AM
Vincy
Advanced

Default Use with clear bra?

What if you already have a clear bra on the car? Can you put this stuff over it?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:14 PM
detailjohn
Former Vendor

Unfortunately no, the solvents in the matrix coating are much too potent, and will actually melt the clear bra.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
bandits47
Intermediate

John, how long have you been using the Matrix system? Taking delivery of my '97 993TT on Monday (black/black), and am very interested in exploring this further (and then having someone qualified apply it in the Pittsburgh area). Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:39 AM
detailjohn
Former Vendor

We've been applying the Matrix coating for two years now, with nothing but stellar results. It is however a professionally applied product ONLY. Especially on a black 993, the prep work before applying the product can take 10 hours of surface refinishing. The product is then applied, and must be baked onto the car with infrared lighting. I would contact Matrix and find out who the certified installer is in your area. This is a product that is often debated, and a lot of people don't believe that it will really work like it says, but it DOES. There is no other product on the market that is even remotely similar. Their number is (800)773-3949, you want to talk to John Suerth, he is a chemical engineer and can explain the exact science behind the product.

John
Old 02-16-2008, 11:02 AM
bandits47
Intermediate

Thanks for the response. I'll do as you suggest, as I want it done right, and realize my limitations! My car is a 1-owner, 24k mile, that has been well taken care of. Can you tell me what is reasonable to have this done by a professional shop? Thanks again!
Old 02-16-2008, 12:27 PM
detailjohn
Former Vendor

Without looking at the car, I would say that about $1000-1200 would be reasonable for this type of service. Once done, Matrix does warranty your paintjob against loss of gloss, or any staining from bird droppings, or acids for a lifetime. If the product fails, they don't just re-apply it like some of the products you can buy from the stealerships, they actually have the area fixed/repainted and then re-install the coating. Essentially you're purchasing a lifetime warranty on your used paint job, it's pretty unheard of.

John
Old 02-16-2008, 03:58 PM
bandits47
Intermediate

Talked with John earlier today, he's checking to see who might be qualified to take care of this in the Pittsburgh area. Thank you for the tips.
Old 02-18-2008, 12:48 AM
Jlangmd
Racer

Originally Posted by detailjohn
Without looking at the car, I would say that about $1000-1200 would be reasonable for this type of service. Once done, Matrix does warranty your paintjob against loss of gloss, or any staining from bird droppings, or acids for a lifetime. If the product fails, they don't just re-apply it like some of the products you can buy from the stealerships, they actually have the area fixed/repainted and then re-install the coating. Essentially you're purchasing a lifetime warranty on your used paint job, it's pretty unheard of.

John
After matrix application is there any need for further application of wax/zaino etc or are you just wash and dry from then on? Can you use a detailing spray? or is it unnecessary?
Old 02-18-2008, 12:22 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

I believe I can answer that. I had John apply the matrix coating to my 997TT about a year ago and in that time period I've never had to apply wax/polish. I've found it to be so good that all I have to do is wash the car and she'll look great! You definitely can't beat that.

Quick Reply: Detailing