Sponsored by:

Exhaust choice for 997tt

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 07:11 PM
997Vancity
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heres my muffler by pass system:

1st impression : LOUD I was shocked how loud it was even though I was preparing it to be loud. Then as the engine calmed down its pur is not to bad throttle response is quicker as well. I think I can live with this set up but I guess only time will tell when revved to about 5000 RPM the car shakes thats how loud it is. I'm happy with this.

Last edited by 997Vancity; 03-09-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:09 PM
APEXHNTR
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Porsche Factory Sport Exhaust Impressions

The OEM version on our 996 C4S was a bit louder in bypass mode than the Fabspeed gen 3. The Fabspeed on the 997TT sounds deeper around 2-3KRPM but lacks the raspy "cup car sound" from 5KRPM on up to redline. I suspect 2 main factors are at play.

1)The 996 C4S had Dansk headers which were less restrictive overall.
2)The turbo itself just does not have as raspy a tone as the normally aspirated boxers- IMO.

The brilliant thing is in "quiet mode" the sport exhaust was nearly as quiet as stock so push the button and its 100% plus louder than stock. This gave the car two personalities. Our local Porsche mechanic programmed it to default to bypass mode upon startup. The switch was integrated into the dash above the radio. You could be blasting along down a mountain rd. encounter a Police car push the button and the guy is still looking down the road expecting the loud car to emerge.

While were on the subject of Local Law Enforcement- one word "SCANNER" well enough said.

Lets hope this kind of option will become, or is available for our TTs
Old 02-07-2008, 12:57 AM
turbojohn
Instructor

The brilliant thing is in "quiet mode" the sport exhaust was nearly as quiet as stock so push the button and its 100% plus louder than stock. This gave the car two personalities. Our local Porsche mechanic programmed it to default to bypass mode upon startup. The switch was integrated into the dash above the radio. You could be blasting along down a mountain rd. encounter a Police car push the button and the guy is still looking down the road expecting the loud car to emerge.

Lets hope this kind of option will become, or is available for our TTs[/QUOTE]

Not sure what you are talking about here. Are you saying there is a OEM setup where you can push a button and get a stock exhaust and then be able to change to a straight exhaust. Even if you had this on a previous car, can you provide a phone # where such a system is available in this country??
Old 02-08-2008, 10:17 AM
Alex (UK)
Racer

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
The Tubi features aerospace construction to help it run cooler.
The Gt2 has a straight thru design, not a heat shield in sight. I don't know if the Ti makes a significant difference or not, but I would love to hear a GT2 in person
According to the guys at my local OPC who have a GT2 out the back under raps - the sound is supposed to be 'disappointing'. Can't confirm this myself yet.

I will be getting the Cargraphic (RS-Tuning) middle loudness ('sound') exhaust next week (along with the rest of the 544bhp powerkit). Will try to post some feedback and sound clips when I can.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:20 PM
Stradale
Advanced

Bought a fully welded system. Best sound (IMO). Best quality & nicest looking. Bought a Tubi.

Quick Reply: Exhaust choice for 997tt