Sponsored by:

Slate vs. Atlas gray / Tip vs. 6 speed

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 11:36 AM
hduffy
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franciscoi
Thanks so much for everyone's feedback. These are great suggestions! I'm going with the manual!
I'm going to add the red lenses, paint the washer nozzle, add the limited slip diff.

I'll consider the carbon door sill and painting the door finishers. Great point about the rocker panels too.
I thought about the deviated stitching but it only comes in yellow, red and white right? What color thread should I get? It will be a gray car with black interior. Does the thread come in a light gray?

Thanks again. This is great information.
Stitching colors available and codes:

G1 Guards Red
X4 Speed Yellow
B4 Carrera White
X1 Artic Silver
A1 Black
E9 Midnight Blue
N2 Orange
E7 Dark Grey
TG Sand Beige
DF Stone Grey
RA Cocoa
J5 Green

You should consider silver stitching and silver belts. White stitching will tough to keep clean but silver may not be a lot easier.
Old 11-22-2007, 12:44 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Correction:

I can't believe I never really noticed it.

Mine came with a Black interior with dark Grayish/Silver stitching that contrasts but it is subtle. It was not on the sticker as an option that you had to pay for. I didn't have a choice as my car was dealer spec'd during the launch period.

I do prefer the black stitching because it won't show dirt like a lighter contrasting stitch. I think contrasting stitching is very nice on my black leather, but my eyes seem to go right to it and I tend to not focus on other cool details on the dash and its suroundings.

The best thing to do is to find some owners/dealers that can show you both trims so you can decide which one is for you. In the end, it is always about what you prefer. Frankly, I haven't seen very many bad combinations, so you really can't go wrong.

Last edited by mastiffdog; 11-22-2007 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:30 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 348 Posts

I love my slate TT. Best to see it in person as it's difficult to photograph. Do a search, I just posted some pics here a few weeks ago "fall colors" or something like that.
Old 11-28-2007, 04:30 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you like leather, consider leather center console, visors, door finishers, and logo for center console, maybe a few others but those are the main ones. REALLY FINISHES OFF THE CAR and makes it look like a $150k automobile should. Of course there is carbon fibre but I am just giving you the bare minimum Forget white stitching unless you keep cars no more than 2 years for obvious reasons...when you condition the leather the stitching will darken not to mention the dirt especially on a convertible. But if your **** about your cars I guess it might stay white a bit longer without looking grundgy or become the color of the base interior (black, red, cocoa, etc). There are a lot of choices take your time talk to others or talk to me (PM if you like). i can build an interior to suit your needs it depends on how much $$$ you want to spend and what you like? Remember most of these options are to make YOU happy and add little to resale value. Not having the right options will hurt resale value (example no Sport Chrono, no heated seats, etc. ) XPA comes to mind too (thicker sport steering wheel, a must have). Good Luck!
Old 11-30-2007, 12:56 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For obvious reasons I vote for Atlas, and I think the painted interior options are nice as well. Here are a couple pics of mine with the painted interior options.

Quick Reply: Slate vs. Atlas gray / Tip vs. 6 speed