Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Still agonizing over color – how about Baltic Blue?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
If it takes that long then it's probably not worth it.
I agree. I remember what Dan (Edgy) had to go through. I really don't want to wait a year. So I have just decided to drive out to Dallas again next week and to look at Midnight Blue. Chris (TT Surgeon) seems to like his. I like it in some pictures, in others I don't, so I need to see it in person. Since there is so much heavy sunshine in Louisiana, I really need to see these cars in direct sunlight. Sometimes they exhibit weird purple or brown hues (that's how I ruled out Atlas, which in pictures I had absolutely loved).
Old 07-21-2007, 10:26 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Midnite is an awesome color, I have seen it on Chris' old C4S and it looked great, almost black. Have you considerd the grays? I'm quite happy with Meteor, plenty dark without the Slate premium.
Old 07-21-2007, 11:32 PM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TT Gasman
Have you considerd the grays? I'm quite happy with Meteor, plenty dark without the Slate premium.
I actually love the Meteor and the Slate, but I currently have Seal and I wanted something distinctively different. I think that my first Porsche after the 997TT will be grey again.
Old 07-22-2007, 09:48 AM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

996TT Midnight Blue Metallic:

997TT

2022 GT3 Touring
2009 997 Turbo Cab
2018 M2 6sp

Gone but not forgotten
2004 C4S Cabriolet
1999 C2 Cab

Old 07-22-2007, 11:31 AM
THinthedesert
Advanced

An other MB example that is pretty indicitive of the true color, I think anyway.

Old 07-23-2007, 06:52 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

wolfgang's gettin' a tt? good on you!
"no comment" on the color though . . . that's your problem . . .
love the avatar though!
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 PM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

I think you should search for an 07 on the ground here, a color you like and deal off msrp. You will be driving the car you want in a week, save the 4k 08 increase and should get at least a 3k discount on the 07.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:13 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by icon
wolfgang's gettin' a tt? good on you!
Yupp, Jeff, I made that decision a few weeks ago (https://rennlist.com/forums/997-turbo-forum/361783-another-future-tt-owner-paid-my-deposit-today.html). I always knew I was going to get one, but initially I wanted to wait for the convertible. Fortunately, the guys in the TT forum have been really good to me, despite my annoying color ADD...
Originally Posted by whyb2nd
I think you should search for an 07 on the ground here, a color you like and deal off msrp. You will be driving the car you want in a week, save the 4k 08 increase and should get at least a 3k discount on the 07.
I think you are absolutely right. Under different circumstances, I would have done that. But my dealer has been very good to me and there are relationships beyond the car purchases (for example, I teach their kids, etc.). But your idea makes sense and was tempting, no doubt.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:10 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
I think you are absolutely right. Under different circumstances, I would have done that. But my dealer has been very good to me and there are relationships beyond the car purchases (for example, I teach their kids, etc.). But your idea makes sense and was tempting, no doubt.
BS..Money talks, tell them you found your car in the color you want from another dealer. If the relationship is strong they will understand, if not you know where you stand.
Old 07-24-2007, 03:20 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by whyb2nd
BS..Money talks, tell them you found your car in the color you want from another dealer. If the relationship is strong they will understand, if not you know where you stand.
You are correct, but in my case, to be honest, money doesn't really talk, relationships do. Even though I totally understand your point and where you are coming from (culturally it's called 'deal focus'), that's not how I do business, probably because all my consulting takes place in Mexico where the culture is 'relationship-focused'; I'm more comfortable with that approach and it has become my MO on and off the job. But that's just me (and highly un-German on top of it), and I can see why people would disagree.

In either case, I want to thank EVERYONE again for your input! If it weren't for the delay, I would have gone with Baltic. Now my 998TT will have to be Baltic - I will start the process earlier. For now I'm sticking with Basalt, although I haven't completely ruled out Midnight and Guards.
Old 07-24-2007, 02:34 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Check out SLATE BLUE which is what a guy has on a 1984 Targa,--seling it out of Maine. It's in the 911 forum with pictures. it's a special color. Don't be put off by the delays I had. I understand that other Paint To Sample orders go faster.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:40 PM
blk on blk
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Wolfgang,
Man you're about to drop an insane amount of cash on a car. You should wait it out and get it exactly as you want it. Good things come to those who wait. I would special order and wait it out. Hell you have a nice 911 to drive in the meantime so it is not like you're driving a **** box while waiting.
Old 07-24-2007, 04:56 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
wolfgang!
just saw this tt on another site and thought of your color search!
Jeff-
Do you know if that's Signal or some other Orange.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:09 PM
Eric - Plug Guy
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 194 Likes on 108 Posts

There's at least one midnight blue 997 turbo on the ground at an east coast dealer I know of.
Old 07-24-2007, 07:24 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Jeff-
Do you know if that's Signal or some other Orange.
Ruby Red on the left, Signal Red on the right. These are not necessarily identical to today's colors. Which is why my salesman says I should wait for the Ruby sample before I finalize my order.

scroll down to see Ruby, Orange and Signal

Quick Reply: Still agonizing over color – how about Baltic Blue?