Old 06-20-2007, 02:31 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Pictures of Some 997TT's recently modified at Shark Werks

These 997TT's are proving to take to modifications just as well as the 996TT's ever did (They're already in the 10s which took a lot longer with the 996TTs). Power-wise they're really proving the platform. We've had a good few cars show up in the past couple of months and we've modified them in many different ways in terms of power, suspension, exterior/interior so I figured I'd show you guys some of the cars and what was done to them to give you an idea of what to do (or not to do!) and hence I've added them to our project page

There's obviously Fred's 997TT 690R and full tech art Type 1 and PASM coil overs... Here's the build process: http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/...007_997TT_fred

Here's another EVO 690R with HREs, some tech art pieces, coil overs, GT3 seats/roll bar, Tubi Exhaust etc... Here's the build process:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/...997TT_EVO_690R

Here's a meteor grey Stage III car with a full type 1 tech art kit and HREs. Here's the build process:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/...ech_Art_Type_1

Here's another white (amazing how many white cars we're seeing compared to the 996TTs) Stage III with Tech Art coil overs. The build process is here:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/..._StageIII_Pasm

Here's a classic looking GT silver Stage III car with light weight C-21s and you can see the build process here:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/galleries/..._Stage_III_HRE

There's a few more here as well:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/projects.php
Old 06-20-2007, 07:35 PM
Subbie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nother white one incomming to ya in July ... stage 3 ... oh ya. I think white is a femine color, dont u? (snicker)
Old 06-20-2007, 11:47 PM
ALPINE_997
Instructor

Yeah white is really kinda on the femme side - I myself would never get a white ( doot da doo )...

Great project cars to work on....must get your hands really dirty from working on new or next to new 997's.

Thanks for the posting!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:26 AM
Subbie
Intermediate

Alex and James are the best. I've modified more cars and boats then I care to count and these guys have been a pleasure to do business with. Btw since I'm a gal I can say white is girlie, and I did order one in white

Those pictures are wonder btw.
Old 06-21-2007, 09:22 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Subbie
Nother white one incomming to ya in July ... stage 3 ... oh ya. I think white is a femine color, dont u? (snicker)
Another great white I'm in paradise here.. I mean we've got real great whites in the Bay Area _and_ we have a good supply of white 997TTs
Old 06-21-2007, 09:27 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ALPINE_997
Yeah white is really kinda on the femme side - I myself would never get a white ( doot da doo )...

Great project cars to work on....must get your hands really dirty from working on new or next to new 997's.

Thanks for the posting!
I dunno.. I wouldn't say white is on ze femme side. If it is then:
http://videos.g33kd.net/shark_werks_gt800_test_run.wmv

I've always loved whtie on 996s and 997s. It's the new silver
Old 06-22-2007, 01:16 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Sharky, what's up with reflashing the 997 TT? I don't see many threads on this subject but hear there is a flash that will put 520hp to the ground. Who does it and what does it involve, hand held, sending ecu out.

Give us the scope of tuning these cars please, I want to spank some 07 Z06's here.....Thanks bro.

Tripp
Old 06-22-2007, 02:15 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by whyb2nd
Sharky, what's up with reflashing the 997 TT? I don't see many threads on this subject but hear there is a flash that will put 520hp to the ground. Who does it and what does it involve, hand held, sending ecu out.

Give us the scope of tuning these cars please, I want to spank some 07 Z06's here.....Thanks bro.

Tripp

Absolutely the best mod you can do on a Twin Turbo car (996TT or 997TT for that matter). The software really wakes these cars up. We use Garrett's software (GIAC) which you can see here:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=113

The remapping can be done several ways- you can ship me your ECU and I can flash it with any number of options (100 octane, raised rev limiter etc.. or just the standard performance file for 91 or 93 octane). Alternatively you can purchase a new ECU from me and I can have your VIN number coded into that ECU and put the performance software on it. Then you'd need to pull out your original one and install the one I send. Make sense?

To make upwards of 550 you'd need to relieve the backpressure and get a freer flowing exhaust as well though.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

If you swap out the original ECU for an additional reprogrammed unit with an identical VIN, can Porsche's diagnostic programs "see" that you did a swap when you put the original back in for service, etc?
Old 06-22-2007, 09:35 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dr. G
If you swap out the original ECU for an additional reprogrammed unit with an identical VIN, can Porsche's diagnostic programs "see" that you did a swap when you put the original back in for service, etc?
Nopes your safe
Old 06-23-2007, 03:06 AM
whyb2nd
Burning Brakes

Sharky, with your tune what can I expect in whp/tq.,do you have any dyno graphs of your tuned 997 TT's you can post or e mail me?
I will call you as well once the car is broken in, right now 287 miles. Break in is probably another subject/ thread of its own, some say none while others 1,000 mi and others follow the owners manual. I'm staying under 4,500rpm 5psi for 1,000 miles then hitting it.
Old 06-23-2007, 06:57 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hey whyb2nd, absolutely I can... Drop me an Email to alex@sharkwerks.com so that I can email you back Get some miles on that car first

Quick Reply: Pictures of Some 997TT's recently modified at Shark Werks