Sponsored by:

Done configurating, ready to order, Q's on options

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Received 911 Likes on 549 Posts

Update from this afternoon's visit to the dealer:
Color will be Meteor/Stone Gray. Thanks cannga for your heads up about the dark color of Natural.
I saw the CF on dealer's configurator and understand it better. Problem is, while I would like a few accents here and there, they each come in a package that contains more than I want. Needs more study before I commit. Chris, your pics have been very helpful.
Sat radio and Sat antenna not included. The antenna gets installed under the black pastic piece outside, between the bottom of the WS and the top of the hood.
I am keeping my 993 S. I have become very attached to it after almost 10 years.
Thanks for all your input.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:57 AM
eaglejackson
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you stuck on Meteor Grey? You might also have a look at Slate Grey, which is slightly darker and has more depth (and costs $2380 more!)
Old 05-30-2007, 02:03 AM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

The colors are still on the table for another 48 hours. Even a paint to sample Arena Red. Though I was hoping that the Meteor Gray would be a lighter and easier to keep shiny car. The Slate is gorgeous, but too dark.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:58 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Sounds like a beauty!
Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Terry Adams
Rennlist Member

Doug, if they met the May 21st date, would you mind posting a couple pics of your interior? Cocoa is a strong runner-up with the Meteor Gray.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:55 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

The car was actually completed 5/22, all my dealer can tell is the car is sitting in Germany waiting for a Texas bound ship. However, other cars completed on 5/22 made it to the 5/23 Texas bound ship, I hope mine is among them. But that ship doesn't see Houston until 6/11 at the earliest.
Old 05-31-2007, 03:06 AM
cannga
Instructor

Hello Terry,

I am glad you are considering cocoa. To me it is the most interesting leather that Porsche offers; IMHO warmer and more "fun" than stone grey. Please try to see it in real life (at dealers): pictures will not do this color justice.

As mentioned, I have a friend who has a near fetish with the slate grey/cocoa combination so I am quite familiar with it. You do have to see cocoa in natural light to make a decision.

In case you don't already know: Slate has a brownish tone, meteor is more bluish, atlas is the "dark" grey-much darker than either slate or meteor. Go to the following thread and look for the post by Atomic80. That is an excellent and truthful picture of all 3 together.

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php...&page=0#353527

BTW, *if* you are into wood, cocoa with makassar wood rear console is an absolute KILLER. Low key and elegant. I always will be a guards/sand beige man but this particular combo almost caused me to "break down."

Originally Posted by Terry Adams
Doug, if they met the May 21st date, would you mind posting a couple pics of your interior? Cocoa is a strong runner-up with the Meteor Gray.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 AM
gradyex
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Terry I am from SF and just received my GT Sllver/black int with loads of leather (sorry no CF). My advice on the color combo presented is go with Slate/Black int or Coco int. I had stone grey in my 997S and it worked well with Arctic Silver but black has more contrast. As an alternative the Natural grey interior would work very well. If slate is not your thing Meteor is fine with cocoa, blk, or stone grey. If your into 2 tone interiors (I am not) that could work. Feel free to PM me for "must have" options IMO. Its a big commitment so you have to do it right the first time around. Good luck!

Quick Reply: Done configurating, ready to order, Q's on options