Sponsored by:

Wheel Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 01:58 PM
Subbie
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Question

As I have posted earlier I have an 07 997tt arriving sometime near or in July (ack) and I am wanting to have a set of wheels waiting for it when it lands at the dealer. The car is white with black interior. After reading loads of posts I think I shoud stay with 19's and basically switch the stock tires to the new wheels then sell the stock wells as new with no milage.

Here's the delema. I really like the look of the TA GTS wheels (black center, chrome lip) on a white car, however I understand they are heavier than the stock wheels and will changed the feel of the car, mushier. This being the case, what wheels look like the TA GTS that are lighter?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:35 PM
golfguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Subbie
As I have posted earlier I have an 07 997tt arriving sometime near or in July (ack) and I am wanting to have a set of wheels waiting for it when it lands at the dealer. The car is white with black interior. After reading loads of posts I think I shoud stay with 19's and basically switch the stock tires to the new wheels then sell the stock wells as new with no milage.

Here's the delema. I really like the look of the TA GTS wheels (black center, chrome lip) on a white car, however I understand they are heavier than the stock wheels and will changed the feel of the car, mushier. This being the case, what wheels look like the TA GTS that are lighter?
Subbie

i would keep the stock wheels (for resale or track/snow use) and reuse the stock tire and tmps. get lightweight 19" aftermarket wheels such as rennworx rsr (see attached link https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...light=rennworx ) the rennworx wheels are well priced, lightweight and come in 5 spoke design with black paint and machined edges like the TA GTS.

here are pix of a white 997tt with the black techart wheels that you like.

full size pix are available at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/7384012@N05/427045358/

this car had awe exhaust, 20" TA GTS wheels and TA springs installed at the local porsche dealer.

Quick Reply: Wheel Question