Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here ya go!

Enjoy.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Likemystoppie?; 10-31-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 07:08 PM
dolt
Instructor

thanks - on the car it sure looks more like seal gray to me than it does in the paint samples (not that that is a bad thing - I loved the seal gray, but just did not want to get exactly what I had before) - hopefully can make it to the dealer next weekend to look at the colors and decide - then comes the tricky part and that is finding the car - the dealer does not have any new unspoken for cars but many across the country seem to - I want to buy from where I have in the past and trust - they do have a car that I could order and spec on my own with a may finish date, but it would not get here until the end of june and I hate to wait that long - the season here to drive is short and I hate to give up the months of may and june - also really wanted to have it in time to drive the car to monteal for the F1 race
Old 03-16-2007, 09:07 PM
cannga
Instructor

I have looked at and compared these 3 colors many times: Seal versus Slate versus Meteor. IMO (and similar to what Atomic wrote), Seal is more bluish, and Slate is more brownish. The new grey Meteor is in between: less bluish than Seal, and less brownish than Slate. In my case, I was looking because a friend is into cocoa leather. So for example, IMO slate would be the best match for cocoa because of its brownish tone. FWIW, personally I like the Seal best because it just "looks/feels" fresher/newer to me.

It's extremely difficult to compare the colors based on pictures on the computer: different white balance, different monitors, different lighting. So IMO the best way is what you are doing: Visiting the dealers. The more the better and try to see the cars in both outdoor and indoor lighting. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by dolt
thanks - on the car it sure looks more like seal gray to me than it does in the paint samples (not that that is a bad thing - I loved the seal gray, but just did not want to get exactly what I had before) - hopefully can make it to the dealer next weekend to look at the colors and decide - then comes the tricky part and that is finding the car - the dealer does not have any new unspoken for cars but many across the country seem to - I want to buy from where I have in the past and trust - they do have a car that I could order and spec on my own with a may finish date, but it would not get here until the end of june and I hate to wait that long - the season here to drive is short and I hate to give up the months of may and june - also really wanted to have it in time to drive the car to monteal for the F1 race

Last edited by cannga; 03-16-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by atomic80
Was doing that as a favor for others on this board as well as others. Can't I be a nice guy?
Would you happen to have Atlas and Slate available in hand? If so, care to be nice once more and do a comparison across all 4 grey shades??
Old 03-17-2007, 12:15 AM
dolt
Instructor

lots of people seem to like atlas, but I think it is too blue for my taste in sunlight
Old 03-17-2007, 12:51 PM
cannga
Instructor

I believe that Atlas is also a MUCH darker grey than either Slate, Meteor, or Seal. i.e. The latter 3 are close in appearance to each other; Atlas is totally different. All IMHO of course.

lots of people seem to like atlas, but I think it is too blue for my taste in sunlight
Old 03-17-2007, 01:10 PM
atomic80
Pro

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Here you guys go:

Meteor Grey vs. Slate Grey vs. Atlas Grey (in descending order)

I got this from www.europeanspeed.com. Great website for all your color/options/trim needs.
Old 03-17-2007, 08:04 PM
dolt
Instructor

cool -that also helps - given the last pic, I like the slate gray even better - also am starting to really dig the basalt black - they both seem to be a little harder to find though
- still having trouble finding exactly what I want at a dealer - there is a great one in boston, but it has PCCB and I really do not want to pay for that as I only occas go to the track, and would rather take that extra cash and get fabspeed exhaust, GIAC etc - is there an easier way than going through the porsche site dealer by dealer and checking inventory? it would be great if I could type in what I am looking for and they tell me who has it in stock or incoming and I could just go get it!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:59 AM
Solo1111
Rennlist Member

cool -that also helps - given the last pic, I like the slate gray even better - also am starting to really dig the basalt black - they both seem to be a little harder to find though
- still having trouble finding exactly what I want at a dealer - there is a great one in boston, but it has PCCB and I really do not want to pay for that as I only occas go to the track, and would rather take that extra cash and get fabspeed exhaust, GIAC etc - is there an easier way than going through the porsche site dealer by dealer and checking inventory? it would be great if I could type in what I am looking for and they tell me who has it in stock or incoming and I could just go get it!
I can't agree more. I think the slate is very good looking indeed!!
Old 03-18-2007, 02:02 PM
E55AMG
Rennlist Member

Received 684 Likes on 348 Posts

Here is a great pic of slate

Old 03-18-2007, 05:59 PM
dolt
Instructor

very nice - I really like the color - I think it is going to be down to this and basalt black - hopefully I can make it to the dealer next saturday to look around
Old 03-25-2007, 11:36 PM
atomic80
Pro

Says error...cannot be found.

I used http://homepage.mac.com/lucas.kiely/Photoalbum9.html
Old 03-26-2007, 01:25 AM
LucasK
AutoX

Need to use PhotoAlbum9.html

the "A" in Album needs to be upper case
Old 03-26-2007, 02:37 AM
atomic80
Pro

Strange that it's case sensitive. Haven't seen a website that was like that.

This worked: http://homepage.mac.com/lucas.kiely/PhotoAlbum9.html
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 AM
dolt
Instructor

LucasK - great looking car - so I went to the dealer this weekend and looked at colors (they only had one TT in and it was being delivered and was black, but they had tons of 911s in in all colors) - I am down to the same three colors of meteor, basalt black and slate gray but am favoring the last two (but Lucas' pics may have changed that!) - at this time I like basalt the best and my wife prefers slate gray - it might just come down to what we can find - there are currently no cars to be had, so they are working on finding one for me

Quick Reply: meteor gray