Instructor

Default RT12 at Silverstone national

what can i say, just awesome....
Attached Images       
Old 03-12-2007 | 11:02 AM
hesperus
Racer

brilliant!!!

by the way, how does she drive compared to your 993? i forgot to ask you about that...
Old 03-12-2007 | 05:31 PM
leonsamonas
Instructor

Originally Posted by hesperus
brilliant!!!

by the way, how does she drive compared to your 993? i forgot to ask you about that...
the chassis is much more composed through the corners and forgiving on the limits of cohesion, much quicker on the straights and late braking is not a problem, in particular because you can carry much more speed at the turn in point, once into the turn there is enough front end "bite" to induce oversteer when desired and once there forgiving enough to allow you to hold it there through throttle moderation and of course the LSD. Throught the car feels at ease with the task, cooling never phased, brakes never fading. this is an extract from another thread..

The suspension is very capable on track, perhaps a little more negative camber for all 4 wheels if you were to do more track driving than street (mainly only affects very high speed street driving) but it is a perfect compromise for street/track use the anti-roll bars are hugely capable and the shocks have very good travel and a nice progressive spring rate. Don't forget that critically this setup performs so well due to the 25pct extra torsional rigidity offered by the IRC (integrated roll cage) which acts more as a chassis stiffener than a typical FIA roll cage thus minimising chassis flex going through corners in particular where this enables the suspension geometry to be unaltered, the result is awesome and truly i would reccommend this to anyone before suspension modifications. The brakes again are more than up to the task, front discs are 380mm drilled and grooved with 8 piston stoppers, only upgrade i would reccommend are harder pads for track use but of course they will screach when cold which the stock ones don't. They generate immense stopping power and have a very sweet progressive bite for brake moderating.

all the best
leon

Quick Reply: RT12 at Silverstone national