Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3-annoying problems with my '07tt + solutions

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 02:22 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

Default 3-annoying problems with my '07tt + solutions

Please if any drivers id any other "annoying", problems, please post with solutions.
These are magnificent cars....here are just some small annoyers that some folks may even find unimportant, however, others maybe think differently.

Problem 1. annoying opening of trunk with key. To open trunk, you have to press and hold for a few minutes, however, if it is accidentally touched when starting car or when trying to open door, up it comes and I never would notice it until in traffic somewhere. Soln: painted the small tab silver so can be easily ided from door button which works fairly well, plus more carefull when starting car. Porsche should have separated these buttons.
#2, 6-speed, if stalled at red light (or after backing up to forward), by sorry clutch work or whatever. Immobilizer sets in, starter is dead. Key won't start car. Soln: key must be returned to far left 3-position, 0-position is not enough-immobilizer only turned off in 3. Not knowing this and waiting for imobilizer to turn on is a bit aggravating to driver + drivers waiting behind.
3. Tire press data sets of yellow light + red central warning light. A couple times when I was checking pressure, maybe hit a wrong button but pressures went off the left tires, lighting up these dash lights. However, aster a bit of time trying to unravel the crap, I did notice the "system learning" came on. So I stopped trying to correct the problem and waited. Took a couple days for the system to straigten out. This was a lesson for me, main thing is don't be in a hurry, just let the "learning system" straighten things out. It will finally work out, no use rushing to a dealer.
There is a #4 for me which is minor, and that is with the steering wheel button to change CD's, but that solution will come with time. Porsche has so much good stuff on their computers, it just takes a lot of time to get it all working correctly.
Old 01-11-2007 | 08:43 PM
jgerken
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Default #1

2-4 are not a problem for me but #1 is a royal PITA. Today I took the car in and had the time required to hold the button down to activate the trunk release lengthened to 700+ milliseconds. I hope that helps. The next step is the longest programable delay, 1100 milliseconds which my esteemed After Sales Professional tells me starts to eat batteries.
Jim
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:13 PM
texas911
Race Car

The key thing is so you don't accidently try to start an engine that's already on.
Old 01-12-2007 | 06:51 AM
turbo'S'
Intermediate

The key is a total nightmare. If you have it in your pocket and are walking around or washing the car etc. The hood pops the doors open, open and shut, open and shut. This is going to frustrate me. I only hope I dont throw keys in drawer one night and open up the car leaving it open to the world!

I think Porsche keys are to easily pressed and should have seperate lock unlock buttons like say my Range Rover.
Old 01-12-2007 | 12:35 PM
turbojohn
Instructor

Default Can the owner set the timing via individual memory?

Originally Posted by jgerken
2-4 are not a problem for me but #1 is a royal PITA. Today I took the car in and had the time required to hold the button down to activate the trunk release lengthened to 700+ milliseconds. I hope that helps. The next step is the longest programable delay, 1100 milliseconds which my esteemed After Sales Professional tells me starts to eat batteries.
Jim
Is this something the dealer has to do, or can the driver do it through "individual memory" What did tech do??

Quick Reply: 3-annoying problems with my '07tt + solutions