TT Fever, I got it BAAAAAAAD!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 06:46 PM
golfguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default an opposite perspective ...

Originally Posted by N2it
Think I need some meds. Is there a doctor in the house?
you guys are too much. i'm probably the most unexcited 997tt buyer on the forum. yes i love the car but to me this was just another 911 purchase. here's my story ...

went in to buy my wife's cayenne. salesperson said they had availability for mid-07 delivery ... i said no thanks because i didn't like to wait that long for a car and i didn't like to pay msrp.

got a call several months later ... someone had just cancelled and there was a slot available for winter delivery ... and i could still spec out the car. i said i would think about it. several days later, i got a call again saying the manager was giving the slot to someone else if i didn't act by the weekend.

went in on saturday morning to spec out and buy the car ... in and out in 30 mins. (yes, i did miss some options because i didn't spend enough time going over the option list).

didn't talk to saleperson about the progress of my 997tt for 4 months (yes, we are in contact about other things). got a call in late october that my car was going to be early (almost 30 days ahead of schedule) because it was produced early and made the boat!

the car sat at the dealer for 3 weeks before i picked it up ... partly because i was working out the trade with another rennlister who had a mishap with his car and partly because i was very busy with work.

total amount of time spent between thinking about, researching, buying and taking delivery of the car was just over 2 hours ... and 45 minutes of that was the delivery process.

i think i spend more time talking to the ferrari dealer before deciding not to become part of their brotherhood!
Old 01-10-2007, 08:41 PM
raclaims
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Why spend so much money on a car that you are so non chalant about? I can see the "who cares" attitude for a Honda but this is a Porsche Turbo...for many of us it's been a dream...one that seemed unattainable...so it's not just the excitment of the car but the realization of your hard work paying off.

I say sell yours to someone that will go crazy over it and buy something that gets you excited.
Old 01-10-2007, 11:21 PM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims
Why spend so much money on a car that you are so non chalant about? I can see the "who cares" attitude for a Honda but this is a Porsche Turbo...for many of us it's been a dream...one that seemed unattainable...so it's not just the excitment of the car but the realization of your hard work paying off.

I say sell yours to someone that will go crazy over it and buy something that gets you excited.

Life dream here brother.

I have spent so much time as well however, have had a bonner since 1 YO and its in CA
Old 01-11-2007, 11:22 PM
golfguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by raclaims

Originally Posted by N2it

Life dream here brother.

I have spent so much time as well however, have had a bonner since 1 YO and its in CA
i'm just providing a different point of view here. no point fretting about it now as you will have plenty of time to enjoy your prize possession later on.

yes, i love my car but i personally hate the whole sales transaction process ... especially for porsches (and especially their canadian practises).

[rant on]
1. it's silly having to pay msrp today when dealers will be discounting in 6 months. i could have had my pick of dozen '04 996tt cabs off the showroom floor shortly after release (3 months).
2. the pretense of 997tt exclusivity when there will be over 8000 copies made over the next 4 years. to put that number in perspective, our 997tt will be as exclusive as a cayenne turbo. for example, comparing the second year of north american sales for both product lines ... 2418 of 996tt sold in 2002 vs 2375 of cayenne tt sold in 2005.
3. being raped on exclusive options like cf trim and painted items like consoles, seat backs, rockers, etc. ask a body shop what they would charge (even with wet sanding and a 3m protective plastic coat).
4. canadian only issue - having to pay an additional 20% premium because porsche has not lowered prices to match the decline in US/CDN $ exchange rate. as a result, the gray market for imported US cars is crushing the resale market here and canadians incur an immediate 15% depreciation penalty.
[rant off]

calm down ... go for a drive in my shiny new 997tt

okay ... i'm not upset anymore.

Last edited by golfguy; 01-11-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Tioga120
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by golfguy
i'm just providing a different point of view here. no point fretting about it now as you will have plenty of time to enjoy your prize possession later on.

yes, i love my car but i personally hate the whole sales transaction process ... especially for porsches (and especially their canadian practises).
(Yes the transaction stuff stinks)

[rant on]
1. it's silly having to pay msrp today when dealers will be discounting in 6 months. i could have had my pick of dozen '04 996tt cabs off the showroom floor shortly after release (3 months).
(Yeh thant stinks too. Both TT's are very nice)

2. the pretense of 997tt exclusivity when there will be over 8000 copies made over the next 4 years. to put that number in perspective, our 997tt will be as exclusive as a cayenne turbo. for example, comparing the second year of north american sales for both product lines ... 2418 of 996tt sold in 2002 vs 2375 of cayenne tt sold in 2005.
(Still better than driving a sheep or some other super massed produced POS)

3. being raped on exclusive options like cf trim and painted items like consoles, seat backs, rockers, etc. ask a body shop what they would charge (even with wet sanding and a 3m protective plastic coat).
(Thats where they get all of us who purchased extras)

4. canadian only issue - having to pay an additional 20% premium because porsche has not lowered prices to match the decline in US/CDN $ exchange rate. as a result, the gray market for imported US cars is crushing the resale market here and canadians incur an immediate 15% depreciation penalty.
[rant off]
(Move to the lower so we can go burn some laps!)

calm down ... go for a drive in my shiny new 997tt

okay ... i'm not upset anymore.
Glad you are breathing now becouse I was gonna come get your ride if you popped...

ENJOY...
Old 01-08-2021, 02:15 AM
deptotpr
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I got it bad now too for the 07' 997 TT in 2021! I just had to wait until the prices dropped a bit!. LOL

996 to 997
Shopping for the TT this month.

Last edited by deptotpr; 01-08-2021 at 02:17 AM. Reason: pic attached
The following users liked this post:
LOMartin (01-09-2021)

Quick Reply: TT Fever, I got it BAAAAAAAD!!!