Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Year numbers on the 997 TT

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2007 | 11:38 AM
max p.
Intermediate

Default New Year numbers on the 997 TT

Apparently a salesperson at a local dealer told me that the residual value on the new Turbo is down 2% from last year. Is this true and what does this mean besides the lease payments going up?

I'm a new to porsche and this site and I'm sorry to keep asking silly questions, but I'm in the process of pulling the trigger and I want to know as much as possible.

Thanks
Old 01-06-2007 | 11:52 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

It means very little, different lenders have different residuals set on the car. Considering the source of your information, you need to shop around on the rates. Try the Credit Unions. In Burbank, I would recommend contacting Telesis Credit Union. Send me a private email if would like the name of the person to talk to at Telesis, they are in the SF Valley.
Old 01-07-2007 | 01:37 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

it is pretty normal for the residuals to decrease as you get later into the model year. when the 08's ome out, i would bet that the residual increases. overall. the leasing price on turbos sucks. the money factor is high-the residual is really not bad. with this kind of demand, they really have little reason to run a program, or subvent the lease. i would follow the dog's advice as far as a lead.
Old 01-07-2007 | 03:26 PM
917Driver
Intermediate

The residuals can and do change from month to month. The Credit Union's interest rates are usually the best way to go if you are Financing. Leasing doesn't have to be through Porsche. Chase or some of the other banks sometimes have a better residual/money factor combo.
Old 01-08-2007 | 12:48 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

The residual is down more like 4% since October. This is true across the board as far as PFS is concerned.

Quick Reply: New Year numbers on the 997 TT