Old 12-15-2006, 03:19 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts
Default Fabspeed Motorsport Product Information: 997 TT & 996TT

Fabspeed Motorsport Product Information: 997 TT & 996TT

• Fabspeed Motorsport has been shipping 997TT MAXFLO performance exhaust systems since the beginning of September. Fabspeed Motorsport was the first tuner in North America to take delivery of a 997 Twin Turbo and design, extensively test, dyno test, and Video performance exhaust systems for the 997 Twin Turbo.
• The Fabspeed Maxflo 997TT performance exhaust system is $3,695 for the complete system featuring GERMAN imported sports racing super high flow catalytic converters along with our Maxflo mufflers.
• Fabspeed 996TT and 997TT exhaust systems are modular and adjustable in sound and power levels via F1/Aerospace quality V band clamps. These MIL spec clamps also make installation of our systems the easiest in the world. You can change the sound and power level of a Fabspeed 997TT exhaust system in less than 20 minutes.
• Our system is 100% T304 Stainless Steel that is C.N.C computer numerical controlled mandrel bent for maximum exhaust flow and lowest possible back pressure. Fabspeed utilizes the largest diameter tubing in the industry.
• All Fabspeed muffler cases and muffler end caps are stamped and formed on precision tooling equipment developed exclusively by Fabspeed Motorsport. Our muffler cases are never made up on a simple sheet metal brake or press brake like HVAC ductwork. There are no sharp edges on any Fabspeed mufflers and all end caps and surfaces are professionally radiused.
• Factory OEM tier 1 manufacturers use the same manufacturing procedures as Fabspeed manufacturing exhaust systems. ISO 9000 procedures.
• Custom tooling and manufacturing dies make our MAXFLO exhaust systems the strongest available with an unparalleled fit & finish.
• EXPERIENCE: Fabspeed 996 Twin Turbo exhaust systems have been INDEPENDENTLY dyno tested and proven to make the most emissions legal horsepower and torque than any other systems available worldwide. Fabspeed applied past experience to IMPROVE the design and function for the 997 Twin Turbo. Fabspeed 996TT exhaust systems have won each and every Las Vegas tuner shoot-out and dyno shoot-out!
• Additionally our 997TT headers ($1,595) and muffler bypass pipes ($550) are also C.N.C computer numerical controlled mandrel bent for aggressive sports car sound and power. All Fabspeed Motorsport headers feature Formula 1, NASCAR, Grand AM style high velocity merge collectors for additional horsepower increase and better/faster transition to boost.
• We also offer 200 cell sport race cats with muffler bypass pipes ($1,995) which save 50 LBS over the stock 997TT exhaust system and give off an aggressive and exotic sound.
• The DYNO sheet attached below, conducted by Imagine Auto, was verified by numerous other dyno shops. It definitively shows the Fabspeed 997TT MAXFLO system creating a +21HP increase over the stock exhaust with an additional +17 TQ as measured at the rear wheels. This results in a 25.2 HP and 20.4 TQ increase at the crankshaft.
• Also attached are Imagine’s in-depth review of this product and video clip of their DYNO run, including pulls on both the stock system and Fabspeed’s system. Keep in mind that this DYNO and review were conducted even before we phased in our newer version high performance catalytic converters which we are shipping with currently.
• Fabspeed offers Evolutions Motorsports V Flow for the 996 Twin Turbo and Fabspeed has a CUP airbox for the 996TT that adds +20HP with a BMC F1 airfilter.
• Fabspeed also offers gorgeous T304SS mirror polished Quad Tips ($850) which are of an easy bolt-on design allowing them to be used on 997TT factory mufflers and/or any other aftermarket 997TT exhaust system. Our quad tips are 3.5” in diameter and have a double beveled outlet that is angle cut and mirror show polished stainless steel. You can optionally get these tips powder coated in black or other colors. Fabspeed Motorsports was the 1st company to perfect “true quad separate” tips for the 997Twin Turbos.
• Fabspeed has revised and improved our 996 Twin Turbo Maxflo exhaust with the same design elements we have incorporated into our 997TT system. Clean sports car sound and power with no resonance. Fabspeed still offers super aggressive sound versions for our regular 996TT customers. Inquire
• Check out our website @ www.fabspeed.com or give us a call @ 215-646-4945 if you have questions or require more product information from Fabspeed. Thanks for reading and happy holidays to all. Check out the pictures, review, and video clip below.

DYNO video link http://www.imagineauto.com/porschephd/997TT.wmv
Imagine Auto review link http://www.turbo911.com/showthread.php?t=336

Thanks to the great guys over at Imagine Auto for the video link and Dyno results! We should have more dyno results to follow in the near future.
Attached Images        

Last edited by John@Fabspeed; 12-15-2006 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Duplicate Picture Posted
Old 12-15-2006, 11:45 PM
TT Gasman
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are the 997TT Maxflow sport cats 200 cell?
Old 12-16-2006, 12:23 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I think so.
Old 12-16-2006, 08:58 AM
RSA333
Racer

Nope, they are 100 cell as of now.

What does it matter that you were first Joe? Time will tell, and R/C on Rennteam.com swears by the the Cargraphic ones.

Let's wait and see - wouldn't you hire a house inspector before purchasing a home? Let the early adopters provide feedback and sort out the kinks.

Thanks - Gerry (no ill will meant)
Old 12-18-2006, 04:32 PM
John@Fabspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

The 997TT MAXFLO sport cats are 200 cell
Old 12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Not sure what that post means. I did a very extensive set of test with the 200 cell versions. Aside from that as far as I know we have been posting the most HP to the wheels from any corner. Using the original baseline from the FS it has continued to support the power gains. As far as I have seen no one has actually posted dynos from the CG at least as an independent.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:13 AM
texas911
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice!

An aside, did you guys clean that engine?
Old 12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
RSA333
Racer

So, the statement, "We also offer 200 cell sport race cats with muffler bypass pipes ($1,995) which save 50 LBS over the stock 997TT exhaust system and give off an aggressive and exotic sound." bears no relation to the original MaxFlo description? If so, I am wrong - I apologize, but the description is confusing.

Again - I wouldn't buy until I see what the German tuners can offer. I have seen too many claims - probably weight savings is the best reason to buy.

-Gerry
Old 12-19-2006, 09:27 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Yes, the description is confusing. All the systems use 200 cell.

The weight is the least reason to buy the exhaust, the reduction in back pressure is the reason why. Read my write up. The issue with the stock exhaust is more one of restriction than anything. I like the weight reduction but the benefits in the backpressure loss pick up more drivability and loose some of the quirks that the new TT has. If you have driven one then you know what I mean. All clearly caused because of back pressure and raised EGTs. What no one says here is there is also a reduction in EGTs to the tune of almost 100C. '

European exhaust...Ha..You mean since they faired so well in the exhaust shoot out we conducted 3-4 years ago?

I do not work for FS...clearly however I do support the data we collected.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:31 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

I seem to remember the initial reports from FS described 100 cell cats, however, I'm happy that he has gone to 200's, safer. As soon as I get mine in April I will be picking up a system from Joe.
I think his system is superior to anything else I have seen or heard. I think the CG sounds terrible based on the few clips I've heard.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:53 AM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

The orginal set up was 100 cell. It was changed after testing.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:35 PM
RSA333
Racer

PorschePhd and others-

I just remember driving DCLee's GT3 with the titanium exhaust - the weight savings were pretty signficant.

As an old founding (?) member of the porschephiles list, I am also skeptical about being scammed about aftermarket additions to 911s. The best change to my '92 911 S2 turbo was a set of used B&B headers that brought the boost kick down from 4K to 2.5K rpm.

I have a great deal of faith in some of the Euro tuners, because I travel there so often, and the Europeans tend to drive their 911s like cars, not garage queens. No bling, gold chain, etc. And although the Excellence article was great, as was the accompanying video, I don't really care whether I can do a quarter mile in 11 seconds. I want a reliable road racing car that is a turbo. Give me that in what you have to offer and I will be happy all day long (carbon fiber exhaust (?), or would it melt?.

But I have to admit you do great work with tuning.

Cheers- Gerry (Collector of degrees and 911s - Ph.D., Neuroscience; Ph.D. Anatomy: M.D., Neurosurgery; M.S. Computer Graphics; MBA).

------------------
2007 997 Turbo - Feb. build because of Tip delay
2005 GT3
2002 996TTX50 - gone and sorely missed
1995 GT2, raced, not owned
1993 RSA
1992 911 Turbo S2
1980 SC - best car ever made
Old 12-19-2006, 11:30 PM
PorschePhD
Rennlist Lifetime Member

Gerry,
Well then you and I remember when it was about 50 of us on that original list. If you recall all those years ago I lost my fingers modifying my 930.

A GT3 would have benefit in weight reduction, but the turbo suffers from other issues as well as weight. My point is I don't car how light the exhaust is on the TT. The benefits of lower EGTs and lower PB far outweigh the benefit of only having a lighter exhaust.

My issue with European tuners...simple. How does one take a factory exhaust, modify it and pull a set of cats, some fancy tail pipes and charge 6500?? Makes no sense. Another with LARGE pipes and almost as much back pressure as the factory exhaust. Yet all charge an arm and leg….for what. When actually tested in a controlled setting they didn’t measure up. Some have, most have not.

Garage Queens??? I know nothing of this. All my cars are used. All my turbos have been used daily rain snow or shine for the last 15 years.

I am not saying FS is the end all in exhaust, but for the money the results are proven. I don't make them so I have nothing to gain one way or the other. If someone makes a better setup I will find it. Until then I have the FS stuff on my car.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:22 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Chase;
When you guys did the dyno testing, any hp gain from the headers?
What was the problem with the 100 cell cats that prompted a change, or was the change precautionary?
When can we expect a shootout,FS/AWE/CG/Tubi etc?
TIA
Chris
(I'm interested in the whole system, have Joe give me a call on my cell he has the#)
Old 12-20-2006, 09:13 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,165 Likes on 574 Posts

Chris, Doug may come watch me install the AWE system this weekend in my car. Will you be able to "channel" the images?

Quick Reply: Fabspeed Motorsport Product Information: 997 TT & 996TT