Addict
Rennlist Member

That looks much nicer than I expected!
Old 12-04-2006 | 07:15 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by golfguy
Allegretto and Doc,

thanks for the winter advise. i think i'll try the 18" pilot sport all seasons for the moderate winter days and use the cayenne for snowy days. i guess i'll have to take it easy and not test the limits of traction control or use the front spoiler as a make-shift snow plow! now the pepper will be the hanger queen ... and the cayenne forum will be all over me.

Doc, strange you should mention the 430 (sorry Allegretto). it was on my list until i went to the dealer and got treated like common trash; they wanted me to buy an overpriced pre-owned 360 in order to be put on the wait list for a 430. i called a friend involved in sports sponsorship and was able to secure a spot through factory connections much to the dealer's chagrin. however, the 997tt seemed to be more "practical" and would hold more of my golf stuff so i decided to stay with porsche.

gg
Well it's not as though it is unique to Ferrari, many a dealer ends up sending a buyer elsewhere. I'm not offended in the least, I understand.
Old 12-06-2006 | 09:02 PM
mjb
Rennlist Member

It's going to be a long winter here in Toronto having to stare at my new 997TT in the garage. :
Hey golfguy,

Why does the turbo need to spend the winter in the garage? The guy in this cup car doesn't seem to be having any problem

http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2006...t3-in-de-sneeuw

But really, congrats! Great color combo

I may be up in Toronto next week and of course will demand dinner and a ride
Old 12-07-2006 | 03:46 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

allegrato-nice ferrari-360 or 430? did you get it new, and what was your buying experience like?
Old 12-07-2006 | 07:07 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by docjackson1
allegrato-nice ferrari-360 or 430? did you get it new, and what was your buying experience like?
Not new. Early summer I bought a really fine, well-kept 360 Spyder F1 in Fly Yellow. I looked at a 430 at the time, but the long wait and premium shyed me away. But even moreso, I liked the look of the 360 better.

After a summer of driving, reflection, tracking and reviewing asthetics, I decided on a 430. Actually I'll tell you what too. My TT opened such a can o' whupass on the 360 I figured I needded a heavier dose of F-HP or I might as well get a Honda S-2000. Don't get me wrong, it was all Ferrari, but the performance was far eclipsed by the TT.

My dealer was happy to find me a 430 Spyder, I test drove it and wrote the check. My dealer is great, always helpful even when the last F I had was a TR in the late 80's. Always gentlemen. I like service-oriented establishments. A good price is fine too, and I don't pay "list" for much in life, but They have to do business too, otherwise we both lose.

So it's got 3000 mi. 300 or so by me. I still dont think it has quite the bite of the TT when I nail it, truth is both are phenomenal.

Put a deposit on a 599, should be 2-3 yrs. But I have nice toys for now.
Old 12-08-2006 | 12:02 AM
Terk
Track Day

Golfguy, congrats on the TT. What a great colour combination. I picked mine up in Toronto (DTP) back in October and I am also wishing the Winter to pass quickly.

Regards,
Tony
Old 12-08-2006 | 02:24 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by allegretto
Not new. Early summer I bought a really fine, well-kept 360 Spyder F1 in Fly Yellow. I looked at a 430 at the time, but the long wait and premium shyed me away. But even moreso, I liked the look of the 360 better.

After a summer of driving, reflection, tracking and reviewing asthetics, I decided on a 430. Actually I'll tell you what too. My TT opened such a can o' whupass on the 360 I figured I needded a heavier dose of F-HP or I might as well get a Honda S-2000. Don't get me wrong, it was all Ferrari, but the performance was far eclipsed by the TT.

My dealer was happy to find me a 430 Spyder, I test drove it and wrote the check. My dealer is great, always helpful even when the last F I had was a TR in the late 80's. Always gentlemen. I like service-oriented establishments. A good price is fine too, and I don't pay "list" for much in life, but They have to do business too, otherwise we both lose.

So it's got 3000 mi. 300 or so by me. I still dont think it has quite the bite of the TT when I nail it, truth is both are phenomenal.

Put a deposit on a 599, should be 2-3 yrs. But I have nice toys for now.
thanx for the answer. the 599 looks incredible, but it won't be a spyder. tough problem to have, huh?
Old 12-08-2006 | 12:23 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by eclou
That looks much nicer than I expected!
Originally Posted by Terk
Golfguy, congrats on the TT. What a great colour combination. I picked mine up in Toronto (DTP) back in October and I am also wishing the Winter to pass quickly.

Regards,
Tony

Originally Posted by mjb
Hey golfguy,

Why does the turbo need to spend the winter in the garage? The guy in this cup car doesn't seem to be having any problem

http://www.autoblog.nl/archive/2006...t3-in-de-sneeuw

But really, congrats! Great color combo

I may be up in Toronto next week and of course will demand dinner and a ride
thanks eclou, terk and mjb. at first, i was a little hestitant about the sea blue since i had not seen it live except on porsches sample book. there was no question i made the right choice after i saw the car though ... sea blue is unique and goes good with yellow.

mjb, how's the gt3? if it's clear out when you're here, you can take the tt out for a spin ... errr ... i mean drive.
Old 01-12-2007 | 10:08 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

yellow and blue look good.

kind of like the sunoco blue / yellow from years past.
Old 01-13-2007 | 03:28 AM
Stealth.
Intermediate

Congrats Golfguy, looks good!
Old 01-13-2007 | 01:24 PM
blueillusion97
Racer

I love yellow Porsches.....are you planning on putting tint?
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:00 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Crazy Canuck
yellow and blue look good.

kind of like the sunoco blue / yellow from years past.
thanks CC. maybe sunco will give me free gas for advertising btw, the blond with blue eyed model looks great as well.

if you're still looking for a 997tt, PM me the details of your trade and i'll see what pfaff or dfc can do for you. otherwise, try the qc dealers. lauzon gets a lot of cars and que-bourg ocassionally gets allocation (but demand is low in quebec city); had a sy launch car in inventory for 30 days or so the i missed out on.
Old 01-13-2007 | 07:05 PM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by Stealth.
Congrats Golfguy, looks good!
thanks stealth. did you get a cobalt blue tt ... that's a hot color.

Originally Posted by blueillusion97
I love yellow Porsches.....are you planning on putting tint?
yes, yellow rocks, although i wasn't a big fan of the 2001 pastel yellow.

i haven't decided about the tint as it would hide the blue interior. what would you recommend for tint?
Old 01-14-2007 | 07:55 AM
turbo'S'
Intermediate

gota911

here're several pics of the interior. i put a black tennis racket cover inside the car to show the color contrast.

most passengers don't notice the interior is blue until i point it out. i guess they're too busy oggling the car. btw, captured images seem more blue than it seems at first glance. it seems more gray/black than the pictures show.

gg

ps. you'll notice i didn't go with the sport seats this time. i haul golf clubs around and tend to scratch the heck out of the seat backs. for my track thrills, i use my race car (see the rice rocket in the background).

edit - if you want to envision how sea blue looks most of the time, take a look at the first picture below ... cover the seats and focus on the passenger door panel. it should look as a dark grey with a touch of blue tone.

The Yellow and Blue are a terrific combination and the blue a natural choice with yellow IMO.
Is the Yellow good at hiding surface swirls and scratch's etc?
I have never been brave enough yet but would definitely consider next time.
Old 01-14-2007 | 09:55 AM
W211
Racer

Thumbs up 997TT w/ winter tires perfect for Canadian weather

Originally Posted by docjackson1
you have a beautiful car. you can enjoy it during the winter. i also have a 997tt and a cayenne-i put pirelli winter tires on my turbo and i drive it every day to work (50 miles round trip). i live in nj. i had a 996 tt and did the same with that car. if it snowed an inch or two while at work, the awd turbo with winter tires drove beautifully in the snow. obviously, if a bunch of snow was planned, i took the cayenne. you paid a bunch of money for your awd car-if i were you, i would enjoy it's capabilities all year round. that's why you don't have a z06 or a 430.
Totally agree. I have Porsche approved Continetals TS810S on mine and it drives wonderfully, no problem over snow and ice.

The proper tires for the temperature makes a huge difference. At around freezing point or below, winter tires provide far more traction than summer/all seasons even on dry roads allowing me to explore the car's capability better.

Quick Reply: Canadian 997TT - Just in time for winter