Sponsored by:

Canadian 997TT - Just in time for winter

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 03:57 AM
golfguy
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canadian 997TT - Just in time for winter

It's going to be a long winter here in Toronto having to stare at my new 997TT in the garage.

Dealer said it's the first yellow turbo they've delivered this year and will probably be the only yellow/blue one in town.

It feels sooo strange driving the Cayenne after a couple of days in the TT. Oh well, here's to a short winter
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2006, 10:08 AM
jumper5836
Nordschleife Master

Received 72 Likes on 48 Posts

Can't be the first becauase I've seen a yellow one back in August in Missauaga.
I've also saw another yellow one at a body shop getting fixed from some damage on the drivers side door and rear panel.
Old 12-01-2006, 02:06 PM
golfguy
Racer

Jumper

there's another sy 997TT in toronto and it belongs to pccl (porsche canada).

i didn't mean to infer it's the only one, rather that it is pfaff's first and they think it will be the only yellow with blue interior tt they will deliver.

i don't know why dealers give you so much hassle over color combinations but they were convinced that yellow and blue would not have good resale value.

here's a pic of the car in pre-delivery form.
Attached Images  
Old 12-01-2006, 05:57 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

congrats! Love SY as a colour. Hey isn't that Alon's 993TT in the background? I hope you decide to come and show it off at our Saturday Starbuck's meets. No snow tomorrow...so come on out!
Old 12-01-2006, 06:16 PM
golfguy
Racer

thanks pongobaz

yes, Alon managed to pry the 993tt away from me. i skipped the 996tt generation as i didn't like the way the car looked and felt.

when and where are you guys meeting tomorrow?

here're some pics with the 993tt and 997tt side by side.
Attached Images  

Last edited by golfguy; 12-01-2006 at 09:48 PM. Reason: fixed pic
Old 12-01-2006, 06:33 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 57 Posts

We meet every Saturday at 10am behind the Starbucks/Chapter's across from Sherway Gardens it's posted here in the Canada forum.

Here's a map to orient you...but I bet you have the Nav system in that beast!

Depending on the weather and who's put away their cars, it can be 4-5 cars or 15-20 plus Ferrari's and 'vettes (summers only for those Italians and Yankees though). I look forward to admiring your TT!
Old 12-02-2006, 02:36 AM
docjackson1
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by golfguy
It's going to be a long winter here in Toronto having to stare at my new 997TT in the garage.

Dealer said it's the first yellow turbo they've delivered this year and will probably be the only yellow/blue one in town.

It feels sooo strange driving the Cayenne after a couple of days in the TT. Oh well, here's to a short winter
you have a beautiful car. you can enjoy it during the winter. i also have a 997tt and a cayenne-i put pirelli winter tires on my turbo and i drive it every day to work (50 miles round trip). i live in nj. i had a 996 tt and did the same with that car. if it snowed an inch or two while at work, the awd turbo with winter tires drove beautifully in the snow. obviously, if a bunch of snow was planned, i took the cayenne. you paid a bunch of money for your awd car-if i were you, i would enjoy it's capabilities all year round. that's why you don't have a z06 or a 430.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:51 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Love your car, really appreciate the fact that you got a blue interior, something different over the black any way.
What gives with the dealer and the resale value, it's your car, you should get what you want, unless of course they want to pay for it!
Old 12-02-2006, 06:05 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

I put Conti Wintersport 240's on mine but would have put P's just as well.

Once the road dries out, you're good. This car is no garage queen, she's a go-er.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:32 PM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

Jumper

there's another sy 997TT in toronto and it belongs to pccl (porsche canada).

i didn't mean to infer it's the only one, rather that it is pfaff's first and they think it will be the only yellow with blue interior tt they will deliver.

i don't know why dealers give you so much hassle over color combinations but they were convinced that yellow and blue would not have good resale value.

here's a pic of the car in pre-delivery form.
I have always wanted to see a SY with a Sea Blue interior. I have always thought that particular color combination would be very nice looking, and rather unique. Congrats and please post some pics showing both the SY and Sea Blue in the same pic.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:00 AM
golfguy
Racer

Default winter driving

Originally Posted by allegretto
I put Conti Wintersport 240's on mine but would have put P's just as well. Once the road dries out, you're good. This car is no garage queen, she's a go-er.
Originally Posted by docjackson1
you have a beautiful car. you can enjoy it during the winter. i also have a 997tt and a cayenne-i put pirelli winter tires on my turbo and i drive it every day to work (50 miles round trip). i live in nj. i had a 996 tt and did the same with that car. if it snowed an inch or two while at work, the awd turbo with winter tires drove beautifully in the snow. obviously, if a bunch of snow was planned, i took the cayenne. you paid a bunch of money for your awd car-if i were you, i would enjoy it's capabilities all year round. that's why you don't have a z06 or a 430.
Allegretto and Doc,

thanks for the winter advise. i think i'll try the 18" pilot sport all seasons for the moderate winter days and use the cayenne for snowy days. i guess i'll have to take it easy and not test the limits of traction control or use the front spoiler as a make-shift snow plow! now the pepper will be the hanger queen ... and the cayenne forum will be all over me.

Doc, strange you should mention the 430 (sorry Allegretto). it was on my list until i went to the dealer and got treated like common trash; they wanted me to buy an overpriced pre-owned 360 in order to be put on the wait list for a 430. i called a friend involved in sports sponsorship and was able to secure a spot through factory connections much to the dealer's chagrin. however, the 997tt seemed to be more "practical" and would hold more of my golf stuff so i decided to stay with porsche.

gg
Old 12-03-2006, 02:09 AM
golfguy
Racer

Originally Posted by stubenhocker
Love your car, really appreciate the fact that you got a blue interior, something different over the black any way.
What gives with the dealer and the resale value, it's your car, you should get what you want, unless of course they want to pay for it!
thanks, stubenhocker.

i wanted something different because i knew there would be several yellow and black cars in town over the next few years. it's a nice color combination, although it looks more gray then blue when the weather is overcast outside.

i'll post pictures as per gota911's request tomorrow.

dealers always hassle you over "unconventional" colors because they want to take the car back on a future trade and be able to flip the car quickly. my response is always the same to them -- it's my car; i'm not buying it for the next owner to enjoy.

gg
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 34 Likes on 33 Posts

thanks, stubenhocker.

i wanted something different because i knew there would be several yellow and black cars in town over the next few years. it's a nice color combination, although it looks more gray then blue when the weather is overcast outside.

i'll post pictures as per gota911's request tomorrow.

dealers always hassle you over "unconventional" colors because they want to take the car back on a future trade and be able to flip the car quickly. my response is always the same to them -- it's my car; i'm not buying it for the next owner to enjoy.

gg
Thanks, I can't wait to see the pics!
Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 AM
golfguy
Racer

Default sy + blue interior

Originally Posted by gota911
Thanks, I can't wait to see the pics!
gota911

here're several pics of the interior. i put a black tennis racket cover inside the car to show the color contrast.

most passengers don't notice the interior is blue until i point it out. i guess they're too busy oggling the car. btw, captured images seem more blue than it seems at first glance. it seems more gray/black than the pictures show.

gg

ps. you'll notice i didn't go with the sport seats this time. i haul golf clubs around and tend to scratch the heck out of the seat backs. for my track thrills, i use my race car (see the rice rocket in the background).

edit - if you want to envision how sea blue looks most of the time, take a look at the first picture below ... cover the seats and focus on the passenger door panel. it should look as a dark grey with a touch of blue tone.
Attached Images    

Last edited by golfguy; 12-03-2006 at 12:48 PM. Reason: added info
Old 12-04-2006, 06:24 PM
lager99
Advanced

I hear ya...snow is set in. At least I had a good month of driving.

Quick Reply: Canadian 997TT - Just in time for winter