Sponsored by:

Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 02:09 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2k7997tt
All right. Next topic. Porsche Owners' take on Jessica Alba......
Now THAT is something I would like to sign up for...
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer

The ZO6 is a great car, and if it accomplishes nothing else, it will force Porsche to continue to extend itself to reach higher levels of performance.
At a recent track day with my Elise 190 R, I had the opportunity to do a bunch of laps in a ZO6. Right now, if I had to do it over, I'd keep my 02X50, but would have gotten the ZO6 as the track car. You can drive it to the track with the AC on, and not need to dick around with a trailer. Would it get some street use too? Sure. You could get a perfectly wonderful 996tt, mod it, AND buy a new ZO6, all for the price of a 997tt. Hard to argue with that one. .
AS
You own and have tracked a 997TT?
Old 09-04-2006, 07:50 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
Gilbasa...you truly make me sick...but that is ok - good for you. It really makes me feel better about myself. So at age 26 you started and sold 2 companies...whoa!

Since you are turning this into a dick-swinging contest. Let's see...I am 32 years old...crap, you got me there. I am 100% liquid so I own all my vehicles debt free and my home as well. I could afford a 360 and a 911 probably in cash...but instead I have picked the cars that make me happy. One thing I have learned by reading your stupid, senseless posts and comments, which you refer to you as your own opinion, is that ALL THE MONEY on the world can't change who we are. You sir, at age 26, or 32 or 50...if in fact retired, are a *****. The type of ***** that, not only thinks so highly about themselves and thinks is so far above everybody else, but the type of ***** that feels good about throwing their good fortune around in the face of others...the type of ***** that probably has money sticking out of their pockets to show off instead of helping someone in need, instead of saying thank you or please....THAT type of *****.

Who knows...maybe you are a good guy as a couple of people have claimed...maybe you give with open hands...but your ***** is showing through your open fly so you better stick it in...and beware when zipping up - kharma is a bitch.
This is a silly thread, but this post is WAY OVER THE LINE!

I couldn't read the whole thing but you sound like 32 going on 19 here.

Now flame me if you like, but you deserve a big "time-out" here.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:44 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Allegretto,
Sorry for any confusion. I remain committed to my 02 X50. After analysis of as many objective and subjective factors, I didn't feel a desire to trade nto a 997tt.

I have a bunch of other cars (total of 6 street and 4 track), so I sort of have one for every occasion. I track the tt occasionally, mostly for instruction purposes. It is a reliable track car but is subject to significant criticism. AS
Old 09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
This is a silly thread, but this post is WAY OVER THE LINE!

I couldn't read the whole thing but you sound like 32 going on 19 here.

Now flame me if you like, but you deserve a big "time-out" here.
Well...I am not directing it towards you - I am directing it towards Gil specifically as he is the one that made the egocentric senseless comments. If you take it personally, sorry, that is your problem. He is the one that started attacking people at a personal level and you guys think it is ok? You think it is ok to judge someone by the car they drive or by the house they own. Allegrato...I am not saying my post wasn't inmature but it was directed at one individual in particular. But...I am going to do you a favor since you feel so strongly about my "way over the line" post...that will be the last one on this thread. I am sure it won't be the last one by Gil, you or others but so be it. Why people get so defensive about what they own is beyond me...have at it. Sorry if I offended you but I was offended as well by his comments...
Old 09-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wahh! Wahhh! Wahh!

Where are all these crybabies comming from??

The Corvette Forum I guess...

This all started way back on page two when, "Aero GT3Redwing" stated the following Exageration;

"People "crush" those who post similar statements on here. While the "feel" of the car (which is subjective BTW0 may differ, the fact is that the Z06 is currently faster than any car in the world minus the Carrera GT. It outlaps every street legal factory car around the nurburgring. While the 997TT certainly looks nicer, stokes egos better, has more status and costs more money, the Z06 is a better performance car."

I simply responded to a false statement and accussed the guy of trolling and being quite boring, which, by the way is exactly what he turned out to be. I thought it would end there but I guess I was wrong. This is a Porsche Forum and I think when people come here and try to slam our mark and make extreme exagerations and false statements with an obvious alterior motive, we have the right to call them out and defend ourselves.

Everyone should go back to page two and read for yourselfs when and who statrted the mud slinging. I'm sure you will find it was not me. I simply responded to the degenarate comments that were at hand. And am a little embarrassed for stooping as low as some others had brought it. However, I will not apologize to anyone who can't handle a little opposition. These crybabies love to dish it out but turn into big babies when someone retaliates back.

Tailwags last comments surely prove my point.
Old 09-04-2006, 11:29 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Gil, to my eyes, it doesn't read that way. The subject isn't boring to everybody. To me, the negative slant comes mostly from you. I don't see what merrited the slam on a guy's house. And, in some ways, the ZO6 is better.
The current Road and Track refutes the "faster than anything but a CGT" assertion. But it is less relevant to me, since the cars are so close, you absolutely need a stopwatch to tell. By feel, the ZO6 is a better track car, except if it's raining or snowing.
AS
Old 09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
2k7997tt
Advanced

Comparing the 997TT to the ZO6 is like comparing the ZO6 to the Mitsubishi Evo IX. These are three completely different classes of cars. (Although I believe that the ZO6 shares more with the Evo IX than the Porsche.)
Old 09-05-2006, 02:08 AM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by Gilbasa
Nice car man!

The vette looks great in front of your tract home. Now you are just like every other cheesball across the country. Let us all know when you step up to the next level and actually buy a Porsche.

I'm soooo Jealous! OOOOHHH!
You'd think selling two companies would net you enough cash to buy some class? I could care less how much money you have - you are totally lacking in character and honor. Your third grade retorts and ad hominem attacks are pathetic. Ever think that some people have money, but just don't want a Porsche? I've never, ever wanted a Ferrari. Much rather have a Porsche or Vette. Regardless of cost. I'll take a GT2/3 over a 360 CS or 430 ANYDAY. Similarly, I know plenty of people who passed up a 996TT for a Z06.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:13 AM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by Gilbasa
Wahh! Wahhh! Wahh!

Where are all these crybabies comming from??

The Corvette Forum I guess...

This all started way back on page two when, "Aero GT3Redwing" stated the following Exageration;

"People "crush" those who post similar statements on here. While the "feel" of the car (which is subjective BTW0 may differ, the fact is that the Z06 is currently faster than any car in the world minus the Carrera GT. It outlaps every street legal factory car around the nurburgring. While the 997TT certainly looks nicer, stokes egos better, has more status and costs more money, the Z06 is a better performance car."

I simply responded to a false statement and accussed the guy of trolling and being quite boring, which, by the way is exactly what he turned out to be. I thought it would end there but I guess I was wrong. This is a Porsche Forum and I think when people come here and try to slam our mark and make extreme exagerations and false statements with an obvious alterior motive, we have the right to call them out and defend ourselves.

Everyone should go back to page two and read for yourselfs when and who statrted the mud slinging. I'm sure you will find it was not me. I simply responded to the degenarate comments that were at hand. And am a little embarrassed for stooping as low as some others had brought it. However, I will not apologize to anyone who can't handle a little opposition. These crybabies love to dish it out but turn into big babies when someone retaliates back.

Tailwags last comments surely prove my point.
Interesting how you call me original post "trolling." Interesting still that you deny being the first to mudsling. Calling me a troll and telling me I can't "sac up enough change to buy one" isn't mudslinging? Please. How exactly do you know I don't have a Porsche? Ever thought that GT3 in my username might be hinting at something? Ever thought that I might have traded it in on a Z06? Blatent assumptions certainly do fall in line with your behavioral patterns though. At least the ones you're tough enough to exhibit over the internet. I seriously doubt you'd make any of the derogatory comments you've made to anyone's face.

http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=476

See where the Z06 lies? Pretty damn close to the top if you ask me. Behind the 997TT? Yep. By two seconds. However, dig deeper and you'll find the Z06 time was set on run flats while the 997TT was running r-comps. Notice the position of the 996 GT3 and TT, too.

I'd rather have the Porsche for build quality and connection with the road, but I have absolutely NO problem admitting that the Z06 will be faster running the same tires, nor do I have any problem admitting that corvette's are more twitchy and less stable at speed. But, in the hands of a good enough driver, neither matter and the Z06 can be piloted around a track slightly faster. For some people, admitting the Z06 is faster is taken as an attack on their manlihood, even though there are plenty of cars faster than their Porsche equivalents, and cheaper too (Noble, anyone?). Denying this is just plain ignorant.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
Interesting how you call me original post "trolling." Interesting still that you deny being the first to mudsling. Calling me a troll and telling me I can't "sac up enough change to buy one" isn't mudslinging? Please. How exactly do you know I don't have a Porsche? Ever thought that GT3 in my username might be hinting at something? Ever thought that I might have traded it in on a Z06? Blatent assumptions certainly do fall in line with your behavioral patterns though. At least the ones you're tough enough to exhibit over the internet. I seriously doubt you'd make any of the derogatory comments you've made to anyone's face.

http://wheeltalk.fancal.net/?p=476

See where the Z06 lies? Pretty damn close to the top if you ask me. Behind the 997TT? Yep. By two seconds. However, dig deeper and you'll find the Z06 time was set on run flats while the 997TT was running r-comps. Notice the position of the 996 GT3 and TT, too.

I'd rather have the Porsche for build quality and connection with the road, but I have absolutely NO problem admitting that the Z06 will be faster running the same tires, nor do I have any problem admitting that corvette's are more twitchy and less stable at speed. But, in the hands of a good enough driver, neither matter and the Z06 can be piloted around a track slightly faster. For some people, admitting the Z06 is faster is taken as an attack on their manlihood, even though there are plenty of cars faster than their Porsche equivalents, and cheaper too (Noble, anyone?). Denying this is just plain ignorant.
I like the Z06, okay? But, enough is enough on the comparisons. We've all seen the stats, the times, the ring this, the tires run flat that, but so what, all of the diatribe is getting boring. You win, the Z06 wins. The 997TT loses.

My error, my mistake, I bought a 997TT, shame on me. And I am man enough to admit it, see that. I can do that because I am comfortable with the man that I am.

Heaven forgive me for introducing a thread that was posted on the Corvette forum by some Porsche guy who tried to share what I thought was a reasonable test drive of the Z06. Now I know how he feels. How sad.

So there you have it, happy now?
Old 09-05-2006, 12:01 PM
RaceCarDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I recently sold my 02 Z06 for a 02 911 C4S (owned three vettes before purchasing my first p-car) Used to be a track junkie but between work and my 2 yr old, never go to the track anymore.

If I was going to track my car, I would have kept the Z06, a no brainer. Bought the C4S as a weekend car, street use only.

Now I just rent a race car for track days, "Arrive and drive". More money up front, but you don't have to buy tires, brakes etc. Just enjoy the track and drive home.

Drove the new Z06, makes any car feel slow, but I agree more of a track car then a daily driver. I'll probably buy a used one in a couple of years when the prices come down.

Resale value on the new Z06 will be in the toilet in a year or so when the 600hp Blue Devil Z06 comes out (priced at 100k)
Old 09-05-2006, 12:29 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
I like the Z06, okay? But, enough is enough on the comparisons. We've all seen the stats, the times, the ring this, the tires run flat that, but so what, all of the diatribe is getting boring. You win, the Z06 wins. The 997TT loses.

My error, my mistake, I bought a 997TT, shame on me. And I am man enough to admit it, see that. I can do that because I am comfortable with the man that I am.

So there you have it, happy now?
Your attitude/position never bother me in the first place. It's people like you who can respect the speed of the Vette but appreciate the quality of the P-car simulaneously that AREN'T the problem. Gilbasa's attitude is the problem.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:29 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
Your attitude/position never bother me in the first place. It's people like you who can respect the speed of the Vette but appreciate the quality of the P-car simulaneously that AREN'T the problem. Gilbasa's attitude is the problem.

Okay, but its not so much that I respect the speed of the Z06 as I do the fact that it is a neat car and a true part of automotive history. The fact is that I, like many on the forum, am a car nut and just like cars. Even cars that I don't personally care for, I can respect those that do like them.

Cars are a fun hobby. Principles before personalities!
Old 09-05-2006, 11:19 PM
Slate993tt
Racer

Mastiffdog,

First off Your car looks beautiful! Anyway, I just wanted to agree with you and I too live in Ventura County(Camarillo) and would love to see your car in person one day and check out the 997TT in person. PM me if you ever go to the PCA breakfasts in Camarillo or if you know of any other events in the area that would be worth checking out.

I currently own 3 Porsches(2 track cars and the wife's Boxster) and have been a Porsche Enthusiast my whole life. With that being said I currently also own a C6 Z06 and absolutely love the car. It does everything its suppossed to and I actually can't believe Chevy really made the thing. They really have come a long way with this latest platform.

Here's the thing...I now have a daily driver that as civilized to cruise around as a 996/M3/S4 etc...it gets 27mpg on the freeway...I've run 11.30 at 129.98 in the qtr mile on the stock radials...it puts down 495hp to the tires and all it has is a computer tune and a different air filter. It'll run bottom 1.30's at Wilow Springs on the radials! I mean what else can I say...it is a great daily driver and quite frankly 99% of the cars out there today can't do everything above and still carry a full factory warranty. So even though I vowed never to own a modern Corvette, Chevy actually made something that I couldn't refuse and have loved it since day one. Does that mean anything has changed for my love of Porsche's...Hell no!!! and I'll own many more down the road.

I truly believe that we live in the Platinum Era of cars and am just absolutely thrilled that so many companies are making supercars that us mere mortals can afford.

So cheers to all and please enjoy and love whatever make you own and drive...just drive it like it was meant to be driven ;-)

Chad

Quick Reply: Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...