Sponsored by:

Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:22 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car man!

The vette looks great in front of your tract home. Now you are just like every other cheesball across the country. Let us all know when you step up to the next level and actually buy a Porsche.

I'm soooo Jealous! OOOOHHH!
Old 09-03-2006, 02:59 PM
robsc
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Gilbasa
Nice car man!

The vette looks great in front of your tract home. Now you are just like every other cheesball across the country. Let us all know when you step up to the next level and actually buy a Porsche.

I'm soooo Jealous! OOOOHHH!
Well im glad you came to terms with your insecurities.
Oh and what did you have accomplished at the age of 26?
Old 09-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Much more than you. I've started and sold two companies.

I'm retired
Old 09-03-2006, 04:44 PM
robsc
Intermediate

Boy for being as old as you are you sure don't act very mature, with all your prejudice comments.
Old 09-03-2006, 04:50 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I'm retired
Robsc, I wouldn't start beating up on Gilbasa, he is a good guy. I have traded a few emails with him when I was waiting for my 997TT a couple months ago. The vette is a nice car, but there is no need for you to be crashing the 997TT forum with the Z06 and getting in his face with personal attacks. I can promise you, without even having any facts that Gilbasa far from an apartment dweller, just a hunch on my part.

The Z06 is very cool, but save it all for the corvette forums. My purpose for introducing the thread here is to prove that the two factions can't seem to coexist peacefully. We were doing okay here for awhile until the attacks started.

Old 09-03-2006, 05:18 PM
robsc
Intermediate

Gilbasa said and i quote "the bottom line is the vette is for the guy who can't afford the Porsche. quit trying to justify the fact that you can't sac up enough change to buy one." also he said "Or maybe the vette just sucks and your a troll? Troll!" He said these things to other forum members and i took it personal.

I think he made an inapropriate comment so in return i wanted to ruff his feathers a bit (i know not very mature of me)
I'm not here to crash the 997 forum, matter of fact i love porsches and am inline for a 997 gt3.
Also i have not made any comments in this thread about Vett vs Porsche.
But your right, I'll stop now.
Old 09-03-2006, 06:43 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Thanks Robsc, you're a good guy too. See that, we can all get along, now Gil? How are you doing?
Old 09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Gilbasa's slam on the guy's house is out of line and classless. What does it imply except that Gil is a rich snob? People always compare value in making selections. It's reasonable and appropriate. Just because you have money doesn't mean you want to waste it. Without a doubt, an apology is owed.

The ZO6 is a great car, and if it accomplishes nothing else, it will force Porsche to continue to extend itself to reach higher levels of performance.
At a recent track day with my Elise 190 R, I had the opportunity to do a bunch of laps in a ZO6. Right now, if I had to do it over, I'd keep my 02X50, but would have gotten the ZO6 as the track car. You can drive it to the track with the AC on, and not need to dick around with a trailer. Would it get some street use too? Sure. You could get a perfectly wonderful 996tt, mod it, AND buy a new ZO6, all for the price of a 997tt. Hard to argue with that one.
People who try to compare performance stats can't really equilibrate the tire factor. To compare lap times, I think you'd need to put both cars on the identical brand and compound of tire. Apart from that, the ZO6 feels much better than a tt on track. Is GM covering warranty on cars that have been tracked? If so, that's another big plus over Porsche.
AS
Old 09-03-2006, 08:53 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Alexander Stemer
Gilbasa's slam on the guy's house is out of line and classless. What does it imply except that Gil is a rich snob? People always compare value in making selections. It's reasonable and appropriate. Just because you have money doesn't mean you want to waste it. Without a doubt, an apology is owed.

The ZO6 is a great car, and if it accomplishes nothing else, it will force Porsche to continue to extend itself to reach higher levels of performance.
At a recent track day with my Elise 190 R, I had the opportunity to do a bunch of laps in a ZO6. Right now, if I had to do it over, I'd keep my 02X50, but would have gotten the ZO6 as the track car. You can drive it to the track with the AC on, and not need to dick around with a trailer. Would it get some street use too? Sure. You could get a perfectly wonderful 996tt, mod it, AND buy a new ZO6, all for the price of a 997tt. Hard to argue with that one.
People who try to compare performance stats can't really equilibrate the tire factor. To compare lap times, I think you'd need to put both cars on the identical brand and compound of tire. Apart from that, the ZO6 feels much better than a tt on track. Is GM covering warranty on cars that have been tracked? If so, that's another big plus over Porsche.
AS
Alex, just to set the record straight, I think the attack on the tract house by Gil was inspired by rob's reference to Gil living in an apartment ealier in the thread.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:15 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you love the Corvette troll so much maybe you should go and hang out on the Corvette Forum. The last time I looked this was a Porsche Form. The guy is claiming that the ZO6 is the fastest car in the world except for the Carrera GT. What a bunch of Bull! Since when does defending Porsche and disclaining this guy become a crime. The fact is the Corvette is inferior. Just cause some A-Hole comes over here and spouts all sorts of BS we should just sit back and listen to him? I think not. As for the grammar mistake, I don't care if I make any, I have limmted time to be perfect all the time.
I hang out in the Z06 forum...so because this is a "P" forum, all you can talk is about "P"s and how much your P costs compare to other cars? Please? Defending Porsche is one thing, saying Z06s are bought by people that can't afford 911s is as stupid statement as saying the Z06 is second in the world only to the GT. Inferior, maybe by your criteria of money since that is all you care about based on your previous statements. You look just a big of an a-hole...just with a little more money...
Old 09-03-2006, 09:28 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

I'm retired
Gilbasa...you truly make me sick...but that is ok - good for you. It really makes me feel better about myself. So at age 26 you started and sold 2 companies...whoa!

Since you are turning this into a dick-swinging contest. Let's see...I am 32 years old...crap, you got me there. I am 100% liquid so I own all my vehicles debt free and my home as well. I could afford a 360 and a 911 probably in cash...but instead I have picked the cars that make me happy. One thing I have learned by reading your stupid, senseless posts and comments, which you refer to you as your own opinion, is that ALL THE MONEY on the world can't change who we are. You sir, at age 26, or 32 or 50...if in fact retired, are a *****. The type of ***** that, not only thinks so highly about themselves and thinks is so far above everybody else, but the type of ***** that feels good about throwing their good fortune around in the face of others...the type of ***** that probably has money sticking out of their pockets to show off instead of helping someone in need, instead of saying thank you or please....THAT type of *****.

Who knows...maybe you are a good guy as a couple of people have claimed...maybe you give with open hands...but your ***** is showing through your open fly so you better stick it in...and beware when zipping up - kharma is a bitch.

Last edited by TAILWAG; 09-04-2006 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:32 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
Alex, just to set the record straight, I think the attack on the tract house by Gil was inspired by rob's reference to Gil living in an apartment ealier in the thread.
So if someone calls your sister a fat pig, does that make it alright for you to kick her mom in the groin? Come on guys...I joined this board because I am a "P" owner, lover of all cars and passionate about vehicles. I joined because I met a couple of very cool people in person that were eager to give a hand and share their knowledge about cars. I joined because this was a good community that appreciated all...yes, you have your ocassional mis-hap but at the end of the day, we are all car lovers...we LOVE cars...we don't promote hate to others because their house is smaller or because they only make 100K - we don't belittle people with 2 car garages...when I read posts like the ones Gil posted above, I seriously wonder about some people...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:08 PM
2k7997tt
Advanced

All right. Next topic. Porsche Owners' take on Jessica Alba......
Old 09-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 533 Likes on 287 Posts

Originally Posted by robsc
(Gilbasa) I think you have Corvette Z06 envy. I can find you one for MSRP if you would like. In the mean time you can hang these photos up in your apartment. (no thanks needed)
Are they really available at MSRP these days?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:55 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
So if someone calls your sister a fat pig, does that make it alright for you to kick her mom in the groin? Come on guys...I joined this board because I am a "P" owner, lover of all cars and passionate about vehicles. I joined because I met a couple of very cool people in person that were eager to give a hand and share their knowledge about cars. I joined because this was a good community that appreciated all...yes, you have your ocassional mis-hap but at the end of the day, we are all car lovers...we LOVE cars...we don't promote hate to others because their house is smaller or because they only make 100K - we don't belittle people with 2 car garages...when I read posts like the ones Gil posted above, I seriously wonder about some people...
I wasn't saying it was right or wrong, I was just recounting the sequence of the comments, that's all. Please don't shoot the messenger.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...