Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 05:22 AM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you know, it is funny because I have seen similar attitudes here towards the Z06. I guess it depends what YOU like better...period. I have one of each and love both of them, the 911 and the Z06. To go to the track and tear it up, I rather have the Z06 ANY day...period. To drive around town and to put a smile on my face, the 911 takes the cake.

The fact that you bring that thread over here makes you just as bad - they say safety is in numbers and that is exactly what you are looking for, someone to scratch your head and tell you how right you are.

Search this forum for "Z06" and read some of the posts that some of the members here write. While a few give it much respect quite a few more cannot live with the fact that there is a car that gets a lot more talk than their lovely 911's. They ARE CARS...some people like white, some people like black -
Old 08-26-2006, 11:21 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
you know, it is funny because I have seen similar attitudes here towards the Z06. I guess it depends what YOU like better...period. I have one of each and love both of them, the 911 and the Z06. To go to the track and tear it up, I rather have the Z06 ANY day...period. To drive around town and to put a smile on my face, the 911 takes the cake.

The fact that you bring that thread over here makes you just as bad - they say safety is in numbers and that is exactly what you are looking for, someone to scratch your head and tell you how right you are.

Search this forum for "Z06" and read some of the posts that some of the members here write. While a few give it much respect quite a few more cannot live with the fact that there is a car that gets a lot more talk than their lovely 911's. They ARE CARS...some people like white, some people like black -
You are referring to me because I am the one who imported the thread from the Z06 forum. I thought carefully about what you said, and you are correct, I am just as bad as they are and was looking for members on this forum to confirm that I am right. I am truly sorry if I offended you in anyway.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Just for ****s and giggles,

Cut and paste my driving impression of the ZO6 on their Forum. It should be for some good reeding material.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:02 PM
TAILWAG
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
You are referring to me because I am the one who imported the thread from the Z06 forum. I thought carefully about what you said, and you are correct, I am just as bad as they are and was looking for members on this forum to confirm that I am right. I am truly sorry if I offended you in anyway.
No harm done man...all I was trying to say is that people will like different things...and it is completely human to take a liking in what we have...

Cheers
Old 08-26-2006, 05:16 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TAILWAG
No harm done man...all I was trying to say is that people will like different things...and it is completely human to take a liking in what we have...

Cheers
Cool and at least we know where your heart truly is when you made this statement last month on Rennlist ....

Now...if luck were to have it, and I had to do away with one of those 2 cars...well, I think I would probably keep the 911. If that does not further explain how strongly I feel about the Porsche, I don't know what would.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:18 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Gilbasa
Just for ****s and giggles,

Cut and paste my driving impression of the ZO6 on their Forum. It should be for some good reeding material.
Now Gil, that won't make you any better than I was for importing the thread. Now you wouldn't want to do that, would you?
Old 08-31-2006, 03:15 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by mastiffdog
What you said is reasonable, fair and true. If you posted that on their forum they would crush you.
People "crush" those who post similar statements on here. While the "feel" of the car (which is subjective BTW0 may differ, the fact is that the Z06 is currently faster than any car in the world minus the Carrera GT. It outlaps every street legal factory car around the nurburgring. While the 997TT certainly looks nicer, stokes egos better, has more status and costs more money, the Z06 is a better performance car.
Old 09-01-2006, 02:22 AM
2k7997tt
Advanced

My suggestions to GM:

1. Skip the Dollar Mart interior on the ZO6 - Pleather belongs in Camaros and Firebirds
2. Re-engineer the suspension to the same performance standards as the powertrain
3. Fire the guy responsible for creating a rattle-free interior environment

No matter how phenominal the powertrain, good 'ole GM engineering still finds a way to rear it's ugly head.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Red face

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
People "crush" those who post similar statements on here. While the "feel" of the car (which is subjective BTW0 may differ, the fact is that the Z06 is currently faster than any car in the world minus the Carrera GT. It outlaps every street legal factory car around the nurburgring. While the 997TT certainly looks nicer, stokes egos better, has more status and costs more money, the Z06 is a better performance car.
here is another troll overstating and misrepresenting. It's getting quite booring!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 04:42 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Originally Posted by 2k7997tt
My suggestions to GM:

1. Skip the Dollar Mart interior on the ZO6 - Pleather belongs in Camaros and Firebirds
2. Re-engineer the suspension to the same performance standards as the powertrain
3. Fire the guy responsible for creating a rattle-free interior environment

No matter how phenominal the powertrain, good 'ole GM engineering still finds a way to rear it's ugly head.
If the suspension is so bad, then please explain this:

Why is the C6Z06 faster around the nurburgring then the Ferrari F430? Surely the ferrari has better brakes and equal power, so I think it would come down to suspension, no?

Did you know that the Vette uses double a arms front AND rear? Only the NSX, Lotus Elise, and Mazda Miata use the same setup IIRC. Oh, and all purpose built race cars. It's an outstanding geometry. Vette's have great suspension.

I think you guys underestimate the point of the Vette. The vette is for going fast. It's a play toy, track day car. It's not for commuting, it's not for dinner dates. It's for going fast and that's it. Interiors add weight and cost - not important for a track star. Interior rattles? If that slows down the car, they will be taken care of.

If the 997TT was a pure perforamnce car with no traction control, satnav, power seats, leather, sunroof, stereo, air conditioning - basically a lotus interior - none of the people in this thread would buy it! It's point was not pure performance!

The vette's was, and it will sell fine without luxury features as a result.
Old 09-01-2006, 04:43 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

here is another troll overstating and misrepresenting. It's getting quite booring!!!
Thank you for proving my point. A harsh reaction to the plain cold truth that the Vette is faster around a track is EXACTLY the response I predicted in my first post!
Old 09-01-2006, 05:17 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Question

Thank you for proving my point. A harsh reaction to the plain cold truth that the Vette is faster around a track is EXACTLY the response I predicted in my first post!
Does anyone know what this guy is talking about?

the only thing I proved is,

YOUR A TROLL!

There is very little truth in anything you are saying. I've drivin both cars and although the ZO6 is very fast it is also very twitchy and sloppy. The Porsche on the otherhand feels very tight, responsive, and solid. the bottom line is the vette is for the guy who can't afford the Porsche. quit trying to justify the fact that you can't sac up enough change to buy one.
Old 09-01-2006, 05:53 PM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

Does anyone know what this guy is talking about?

the only thing I proved is,

YOUR A TROLL!

There is very little truth in anything you are saying. I've drivin both cars and although the ZO6 is very fast it is also very twitchy and sloppy. The Porsche on the otherhand feels very tight, responsive, and solid. the bottom line is the vette is for the guy who can't afford the Porsche. quit trying to justify the fact that you can't sac up enough change to buy one.
Maybe the vette was twitchy to an unskilled driver like yourself, but in the hands of a pro driver it outlaps ANY Porsche except the Carrera GT. FYI, I'd rather have a GT3 than a Vette (maybe I aleady do ), but I have absolutely NO problem admitting the Vette is faster.

Maybe it's because I don't buy my cars for ego stroking?
Old 09-01-2006, 08:30 PM
Gilbasa
Advanced

Maybe the vette was twitchy to an unskilled driver like yourself, but in the hands of a pro driver it outlaps ANY Porsche except the Carrera GT. FYI, I'd rather have a GT3 than a Vette (maybe I aleady do ), but I have absolutely NO problem admitting the Vette is faster.

Maybe it's because I don't buy my cars for ego stroking?

Or maybe the vette just sucks and your a troll? Troll!
Old 09-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Ken89911T
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Allright, Mastiff. Now look what you've done!

Another comparo thread turned into a pissing contest. Once the meaningful car dialogue dries up, the only value here is just imagining what these posters look like when they're typing in their replies.

Quick Reply: Porsche Owner's Take on the Z06 ...