Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Question about phone capabilities..

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 02:50 AM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 87 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Question about phone capabilities..

Greetings folks.

I have a question about the NAV/Radio unit in out 997 TT's.

I know there is a slide compartment for a sim card so my question is, if I go out and get a sim card, does my NAV/RADIO automatically and immediately work as a phone?

My car was not optioned with any additional "phone mods" other than what the car comes with stock. If I want to use the phone do I need to install something besides a sim card? Is the speaker and microphone already installed? Do I need to bring it to a dealer and have them activate anything?

I would just try to throw in a sim card and see if it works but I have Verizon which is a non-sim carrier. Before I go to any lengths to get it working, I wanted to see what the process was, or even if my car had a built in phone without additional options.

Thanks,
B
Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seth, does your car have the 666 Phone Module option? If so, the SIM should work fine if it is a relatively recent card. The moment you place the car in (be careful and do it correctly) - kind of snaps into place, it should be looking for your network. I have Cingular, I am not sure Verizon works...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:45 AM
TT-911
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

all the info is a search button away :
https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...t=PHONE+MODULE

Quick Reply: Question about phone capabilities..