Sponsored by:

PCM Phone Module Sadness ...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 01:53 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy PCM Phone Module Sadness ...

So far, so good on the new Turbo, but I am sad over the PCM Sim Card gizmo. Had it at the local dealer and they checked everything on the computer and said the module was good to go.

So, in went the little SIM card and all I kept getting was "Card being Checked" for over 1/2 hour while driving and the phone system never did work. I have Cingular, so maybe that is the problem.

Anyone else have the phone module who can offer up some ideas?

Thanks ...
Old 07-12-2006, 11:59 AM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

I've got Cingular too and I just bought a Cayenne Turbo S with the phone module. When I took the card out of my Razr phone and put it in the slot I got the same result. Then I went to a Cingular store and just got a new card (and phone number) added to my account. They pulled all the phone numbers off my phone and transferred them to the new card and when I put the new card in the slot it worked perfectly.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:16 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mrpc12
I've got Cingular too and I just bought a Cayenne Turbo S with the phone module. When I took the card out of my Razr phone and put it in the slot I got the same result. Then I went to a Cingular store and just got a new card (and phone number) added to my account. They pulled all the phone numbers off my phone and transferred them to the new card and when I put the new card in the slot it worked perfectly.
Thanks, but did you lose your original cell phone number? I have had my same number for about 4 years, so I would like to keep it if possible.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:21 PM
mrpc12
Addict
Rennlist Member

No. I just added a new number so now my car has it's own phone number. You can set your cell phone to forward calls to the new number. I would not want to keep moving the SIM card between my cell phone and the car on a regular basis. The connectors would wear out very fast.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:27 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Thanks, that's what I figured.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:09 PM
andrewket
Track Day

You can do forward no-answer which essentially will give you the benefit of not changing out the SIM card all the time and one number for people to reach you.

-Andrew

Last edited by andrewket; 07-12-2006 at 07:10 PM. Reason: typo
Old 07-12-2006, 11:49 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

I had an old SIM card and went and got a new one - works perfectly now! The phone system is very cool, sounds good - well worth the option money... thanks for the help, I really appreciate it!
Old 07-13-2006, 02:02 AM
SamG
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by andrewket
You can do forward no-answer which essentially will give you the benefit of not changing out the SIM card all the time and one number for people to reach you.

-Andrew
Check with your service provider first, most carriers charge .10 to .20 per minute to foward calls. I know Nextel does.
Old 07-13-2006, 11:12 AM
andrewket
Track Day

SamG - you are correct, most do. Cingular I don't believe does Cell to Cell in network though. I might be wrong; my employer pays my mobile phone bill so I don't pay much attention.

-A

Quick Reply: PCM Phone Module Sadness ...