Sponsored by:

Porsche releases residual data

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Putt-Putt
Holy smokes!!! Sorry to hear that. It not only sounds cruel, but also bad for business. Time to vote in some good pol's.
How about we vote for Eric "The Plug Guy"?
Old 07-06-2006, 06:20 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by boolala
I guess "your" is the shortened form of the word "you're" for those with a 4th grade education?
My spellin is the worst.. That's why I try not to use big words
Old 07-06-2006, 06:27 PM
B-Line
Drifting

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
B, I agree mostly with you re leasing. But how could you lease a car like a TT and not drive it everyday?
Hell, I put 50k on my C4S, I think I got my monies worth! For tax reasons I probably will lease mine(997TT) and drive it daily, trick is to keep it within the miles limit
ch
Hey Chris,
I am about to say something that will probably start a new flame war but I have to be honest, I could never drive a 911 everyday. I need the comfort and visibility of a SUV. That's why I drive an X5 4.8is as my daily beater. 360hp, fast, tight and can haul the dog, groceries and my latte.
It is a shame to keep a 997TT as a weekend/track car but I'm just too big to be comfortable in a 911 as an everyday car (5'11 220) and since I live in LA, I'm always in my car.. Scouting locations, running errands, etc.
AND for the record.. I only wish they made the 4.8is in a manual It's the only thing the car is missing (besides a touch screen nav.)

I have friends who have 911's as an everyday car and I admire them for that. It is meant to be driven. I do make sure to hit the canyon's of Malibu and I live right off Mulholland Dr. so I get my fair share..

Lastly, I get the same response from Harley guys who say, "You don't ride your bike everyday as your transportation?" I say, "Hell no" I'm a weekend warrior..
Old 07-07-2006, 12:28 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

B, I'm 6'1" 200, I love driving mine every f'ing day, the best two hrs of the day. I always manage an exhilerating commute, stickshift, NYC-LI traffic, any/all weather what have you. How could you have a car like that and never drive it, sucks for you, great for the next owner, I'm sure he'll be very appreciative of your efforts.
Reminds me of a collegue who bought a pristine 993TT from a guy who only put 1200 miles on it in 4 yrs, an actual trophy winning concourse car. Well, Sam bought it and has about 40k hard DD/track miles on it after about 3-4yrs. Who got their monies worth and enjoyed the car more?
Bottom line, nobody keeps these cars 'forever', usually 4-5yrs at the most might as well enjoy it and not save it for the next dude.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:54 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

C4SSurgeon, your comment was provocative. Some folks who buy these cars actually derive pleasure and enjoy the "museum" or display aspect of ownership. They might just like the feeling of having one in the garage, even if its to look at more than to drive.

I know, its kind of weird, but how many times have many of you just snuck out to the garage to just stand, look and admire? Be honest.

I know I am one of them! Some are drivers, others are curators.
Old 07-07-2006, 01:20 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

It's all in fun, just stirring the pot, I'm detailing it now!!!!
Old 07-07-2006, 03:05 AM
mastiffdog
Burning Brakes

It's all in fun, just stirring the pot, I'm detailing it now!!!!

Now that's much more like it.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
drbf
Pro

My C4S is 6 months old and have 9K. This is what I call a great daily drive. Makes going work so much fun.
Old 07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
B-Line
Drifting

B, How could you have a car like that and never drive it, sucks for you, great for the next owner, I'm sure he'll be very appreciative
Who said, never? Not only do I drive my cars, I drive the hell out of them. Track Days, Canyon Runs, Vegas, diner on a Fri/Sat night. Sunday sprints to Malibu or Santa Barbara.
-- But for everyday needs, I need a workhorse not a racehorse. I need a people hauler. -- Now I don't doubt you commute to work and get your pleasure. I don't commute, but I am in my car all day. And two seater, two door sports cars ain't that practical.. Besides, my X5 4.8is ain't no slouch.

As you can see, I've even tracked my X5

It can tow the Pcar to the track with an extra set of tires..

And chase down the guy in the M5

Quick Reply: Porsche releases residual data