Cab vs coupe spoiler difference

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2024, 01:48 PM
rsalicrup
Racer

Received 161 Likes on 79 Posts
Default Cab vs coupe spoiler difference

Hello,

Been researching on what makes the cabriolet wing go 1” higher than the coupe. I’m planning on sending my hydraulics to get rebuilt and was wondering if it is a coding settings, microswitch positioning, or a whole complete different system that makes it go higher. Not interested on eram kit. Don’t like the thinner risers, wire splicing and would like to keep the original system working to keep it as OEM as possible.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2024, 07:09 AM
Kevin8tor
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by rsalicrup
Hello,

Been researching on what makes the cabriolet wing go 1” higher than the coupe. I’m planning on sending my hydraulics to get rebuilt and was wondering if it is a coding settings, microswitch positioning, or a whole complete different system that makes it go higher. Not interested on eram kit. Don’t like the thinner risers, wire splicing and would like to keep the original system working to keep it as OEM as possible.

Thanks
Rennkit also sells 1" & 2 " risers that can be added to the stock wing to raise the maximum height. The work has already been done, and the risers are the same thickness as the stock ones, so that should make you happy.
The following users liked this post:
RennKit-Dave (03-19-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 08:14 AM
rsalicrup
Racer

Originally Posted by Kevin8tor
Rennkit also sells 1" & 2 " risers that can be added to the stock wing to raise the maximum height. The work has already been done, and the risers are the same thickness as the stock ones, so that should make you happy.
Seen those but doesn’t bring the wing all the way down like the cabriolet.
Old 03-18-2024, 09:17 PM
rsalicrup
Racer

Now that I got a fixed mount, don’t know how I feel about the cabrio height. Got the fixed mount till I get the hydraulic system rebuild.

Old 03-19-2024, 08:34 AM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 131 Posts

The cab wing goes approximately 1” higher. Different hydraulic rams. The eRam Kits that go down flush are 2” (coupe only), 3” or 4”. https://rennkit.com/product-info/997turbo/
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
The following users liked this post:
babylonboots (03-20-2024)

Quick Reply: Cab vs coupe spoiler difference