Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grundy Insurance Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2020, 09:25 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

The Grundy quote I received for four cars was the same as my Geico payment. But I guess the Grundy advantage is the TTS and GT4 are stated replacement value so that's a consideration.

Last edited by 4ocious; 08-28-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:51 AM
MIKe30
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PV997
In my case they are saving me ~$2400 a year so I can live with some inconvenience. More important to me is do they pay claims or play games. All the feedback I've seen is that they are great when it comes to claims and don't try to weasel out of coverage.
Originally Posted by Jl889
100% Correct, it was a minor inconvenience having to source my own tow truck this weekend, but as you said i'll go through allttle pain to save $2K plus on insuring my 911. I have also heard the same about them paying claims. If you have a "true" accident they have a hotline through the parent Philadelphia insurance to intake the claim, its just only roadside items you have to deal with them during business hours.
Going to look into Grundy, thank you all. To those with the above sentiments, why not just take $100 of those savings and pay for a AAA membership that includes 3 free tows/year? Other perks as well but peace of mind is always welcome.
Old 08-28-2020, 12:34 PM
vman932
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 82 Posts

In my case they are saving me ~$2400 a year so I can live with some inconvenience. More important to me is do they pay claims or play games. All the feedback I've seen is that they are great when it comes to claims and don't try to weasel out of coverage.
Originally Posted by Jl889
100% Correct, it was a minor inconvenience having to source my own tow truck this weekend, but as you said i'll go through allttle pain to save $2K plus on insuring my 911. I have also heard the same about them paying claims. If you have a "true" accident they have a hotline through the parent Philadelphia insurance to intake the claim, its just only roadside items you have to deal with them during business hours.
Originally Posted by Cnair
My savings vs Hagerty will be along the lines of $700 a year...still significant. $2.4k difference is nuts!
Originally Posted by TheDeckMan
Been with Grundy for 3 years, agreed value on my 996tt and 997tt with no restrictions, ~$1100 for both for the year.
Originally Posted by 4ocious
The Grundy quote I received from Grundy for four cars was the same as my Geico payment. But I guess the Grundy advantage is the TTS and GT4 are stated replacement value so that's a consideration.
I switched to Grundy when I bought my 2010 TT nine months ago and my existing carrier (Mercury) quoted me over $3k a year. Shopped around with other traditional insurance companies at the time (GEICO, Progressive, etc.) and the quotes were even higher. This for a driver with 30 years experience, no accidents or tickets, and no teenagers on the policy. Typical California BOHICA. I was already used to the screw job from my 2006 C2S but this was too much.

Grundy set me up with high limits and a $250 deductible for $950/year. The catch is that we had to prove it was not a DD (wife and I had to show proof we had other cars), limited to 5000 miles a year, and I had sign an exclusion that no one under age 25 would be covered in driving the car. Believe me the last one was no problem at all as I could only imagine what I would have done with this car at that age.
As with anything, YMMV, but I've never understood why mine varies so much when it comes to Grundy insurance. I had them quote my vehicles twice (2019 and 2015) based on positives comments I've seen here on Rennlist. However, my quotes have always been super high. So much so that when I got a follow up email asking if I had any questions about my quote in October of 2019, I replied back asking why my quote was so high compared to others I've seen with the same vehicle, driving record, etc... Of course, no response.

My current situation:
-7 automobiles insured, all garaged at my primary residence
-1 motorcycle insured, but on a separate policy
-2 40-45 year old drivers with clean records, no children
-Neither of us has ever been at fault in an accident
-I've only made 1 claim I can recall, and that was for hail
-I've been working from home for 6+ years, so no official commute for me
-10 mile commute for wife
-Small town ~30k people

For the 7 automobiles, Grundy quoted me $6760/year. With similar coverage, my current policy with Liberty Mutual is $3580/year. For my 2008 turbo, Grundy quoted $1797/year, I currently pay $482/year with Liberty Mutual.

Last edited by vman932; 08-28-2020 at 12:35 PM.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:11 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 261 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by MIKe30
Going to look into Grundy, thank you all. To those with the above sentiments, why not just take $100 of those savings and pay for a AAA membership that includes 3 free tows/year? Other perks as well but peace of mind is always welcome.
You also may not necessarily want your insurance company privy to every incident requiring a tow.
Old 08-28-2020, 03:15 PM
bmw_e30
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by vman932
As with anything, YMMV, but I've never understood why mine varies so much when it comes to Grundy insurance. I had them quote my vehicles twice (2019 and 2015) based on positives comments I've seen here on Rennlist. However, my quotes have always been super high. So much so that when I got a follow up email asking if I had any questions about my quote in October of 2019, I replied back asking why my quote was so high compared to others I've seen with the same vehicle, driving record, etc... Of course, no response.

My current situation:
-7 automobiles insured, all garaged at my primary residence
-1 motorcycle insured, but on a separate policy
-2 40-45 year old drivers with clean records, no children
-Neither of us has ever been at fault in an accident
-I've only made 1 claim I can recall, and that was for hail
-I've been working from home for 6+ years, so no official commute for me
-10 mile commute for wife
-Small town ~30k people

For the 7 automobiles, Grundy quoted me $6760/year. With similar coverage, my current policy with Liberty Mutual is $3580/year. For my 2008 turbo, Grundy quoted $1797/year, I currently pay $482/year with Liberty Mutual.

liberty mutual is the worst insurance company ive dealt with. dropped them right quick and went back to aaa a decade ago and never looked back

your 482 bucks for the turbo is useless if you get in a accident they will give you kbb 60k for it and fight you the whole way
Old 01-24-2021, 09:12 PM
Schulr
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Cnair
This is the part that worries me...lack of access to customer service

No customer service? They have the number on their web page, are you saying no one answers?
The following users liked this post:
LOMartin (01-25-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 01:15 AM
TBarrow
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I purchased mine from my Insurance Broker and I can contact him whenever I need something. He always answers and I have already renewed it since my first post about it.
Old 01-26-2021, 09:40 AM
Cnair
Rennlist Member

Received 239 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by Schulr
No customer service? They have the number on their web page, are you saying no one answers?
I meant calling them over the weekend if something happens over the weekend. It looks like they do have a 24 x 7 number for claims. The main number is not available over the weekend.
Old 01-26-2021, 11:32 AM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

I changed to USAA from Geico, cheaper than Grundy or Haggerty and USAA has 24/7/365 customer service. I'm happy-
The following users liked this post:
Blackpony (02-13-2021)
Old 01-26-2021, 11:43 AM
996AE
Rennlist Member

Received 1,469 Likes on 967 Posts

Originally Posted by Schulr
My Grundy reps name is Rick.

Same guy 5 years now.

When I buy or sell a car its a simple email. Rick always writes back within 24 hours and is a phone call away

Great service with Grundy
Old 02-05-2021, 03:52 PM
acf
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I just switched my 997 Turbo and 997 GTS from Geico to Grundy, at the appropriate agreed upon value.

Thanks for the heads up all!
Old 02-13-2021, 09:03 PM
Blackpony
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Cool Grundy Insurance Feedback

USAA has insured my automobiles for over 55 years. Vehicle losses were compensated at current market values, with no issues. Hagerty and Grundy are great companies also. I have never received quotes from the three companies that were significantly different. Liability coverage was a greater concern than damage coverage. USAA covered Liability and gave me a $900 to $1300 rebate at the end of the year.

Quick Reply: Grundy Insurance Feedback