Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your 997TT today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 05:30 AM
Abs
2nd Gear

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

I purchased a pair of extremely hard to comeby Clubsport Doorcards. One unfortunately had an Armrest missing. So I did what anyone else would have done... I made a 3d model based on the one that I do have.
Will go on to get a pair 3d printed then carbon skinned.
Intention is to finally have a place to mount my Tractive Suspension Controller Screen 🤞

​​​​​
The following 2 users liked this post by Abs:
EVOMMM (07-10-2024), keeeban (07-09-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 02:41 PM
cakM3
Instructor

Received 31 Likes on 17 Posts

I got my Brembo Type 3 two-piece rotors mounted while doing my front/rear brake service. I am also replacing the stock brake lines for the stainless steel brake lines as part of my brake service.

Also replacing all my front three radiators (passenger side was leaking) for the aluminum CSF radiators

My Aero Wing and rear decklid is currently getting repainted, new RSS motor mounts will be installed. Cooling pipes are getting pinned with water pump/thermostat getting replaced. Pulleys getting checked and replaced as necessary. Air/Oil separator replaced, Stage 2.5 clutch installed, b.b.i. GT2 Clutch slave cylinder installed, full 60k mile service being performed, all fluids changed out, Bilstein B16 Damptronic suspension with TPC/DSC module, and new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires to be mounted before I take possession of my car again.
The following users liked this post:
Boozted997 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 02:50 PM
Boozted997
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by cakM3
I got my Brembo Type 3 two-piece rotors mounted while doing my front/rear brake service. I am also replacing the stock brake lines for the stainless steel brake lines as part of my brake service.

Also replacing all my front three radiators (passenger side was leaking) for the aluminum CSF radiators

My Aero Wing and rear decklid is currently getting repainted, new RSS motor mounts will be installed. Cooling pipes are getting pinned with water pump/thermostat getting replaced. Pulleys getting checked and replaced as necessary. Air/Oil separator replaced, Stage 2.5 clutch installed, b.b.i. GT2 Clutch slave cylinder installed, full 60k mile service being performed, all fluids changed out, Bilstein B16 Damptronic suspension with TPC/DSC module, and new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires to be mounted before I take possession of my car again.
Looks like she'll be good as new when you're done! Sucks that your passenger radiator was leaking. I had the same exact problem where the plastic cracked and starting weeping. I also did the full replacement with CSF and they've been great. Consistent 175 temps.
cakM3 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 03:44 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 163 Posts

I need to do my clutch also. Why Sachs vs. GT2 clutch? I also have the GT2 slave conversion already done.
Old 07-17-2024, 05:11 PM
TV997S2
Rennlist Member

Received 169 Likes on 75 Posts

That will leave a dent in your wallet
cakM3 (07-17-2024)
Old 07-17-2024, 07:23 PM
cakM3
Instructor

Originally Posted by PowderJunkie
I need to do my clutch also. Why Sachs vs. GT2 clutch? I also have the GT2 slave conversion already done.
My mechanic recommended this and I trust him since he works on Porsches and has his own race car. I figure based on how I want to drive my Porsche, he would know the best clutch setup 👍🏽
Old 07-17-2024, 07:24 PM
cakM3
Instructor

Originally Posted by TV997S2
That will leave a dent in your wallet
So far looking at everything being done on my current project, I'm at $34k so far so yeah huge dent but it will be worth it when I get my Porsche back😎

Last edited by cakM3; 07-17-2024 at 07:52 PM.
Old 07-17-2024, 07:58 PM
Rasta997 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a Sachs 2.5 in my 09 Turbo; it's perfect and compliments all the extra HP. Not too heavy and not soft like the stock in my 07 Turbo, which I plan to replace now that it too has extra ponies.

I had the GT3 clutch in my 08 Turbo and it was a little heavy. Can't speak about the GT2 clutch though.

Last edited by Rasta997 Turbo; 07-17-2024 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-25-2024, 01:28 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 163 Posts

So far looking at everything being done on my current project, I'm at $34k so far so yeah huge dent but it will be worth it when I get my Porsche back😎
Found a really good thread on here explaining the differences. Kevin from UMW did a nice job clarifying.
Old 07-27-2024, 02:52 PM
rsalicrup
Racer

Received 152 Likes on 71 Posts

While I wait on some minor parts so I can do 40K service and some upgrades,

changed my leaky squeaky hood struts.

Also started make a mount for the amplifier controller. Still need some tweaking though. Needs to go further in and a bit higher.

Don’t mind the messy interior.

Last edited by rsalicrup; 07-28-2024 at 12:57 PM.
FSUsucks1 (07-27-2024)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your 997TT today?