Premium for an S

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 11:26 AM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Premium for an S

.2. Stick.
If the regular .2 TT in the classifieds is market correct - and based on comments it seems it is - what premium would be considered reasonable for a TTS?
Old 07-14-2019, 11:36 AM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

I think it's the other way, there's a premium on .2 Turbos with a manual transmission, particularly coupes with lower miles like that 2012. IIRC, only 488 were made between 2010-2013.
Old 07-14-2019, 11:51 AM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

So a stick TT is worth more than a stick TTS everything else being equal?
You’ll excuse me if I find that quite surprising.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:40 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan A
It depends...if you planning to keep your TTS totally stock performance wise, then it may be worth it for you to pay a small premium over non-S assuming all things equal. This becomes a non-factor, at least for me, when you start to increase hp or have other performance mods, because the non-S can easily surpasses the S in hp and performance. Now if you like PCCB and Centerlock wheels etc...then the S would have already come with them standard...but for me I don't like those items and would have removed them anyway so I definitely don't want to pay a "small" premium of an S if it comes down to those items "just " to have an S.

Now if some exclusivity is your thing and you like to row gears then that's would be the justifications for you paying that small premium over the PDK because the non PDK manuals are a little more rare...non-S only.

Btw, afaik, there are no manuals offered for TTS in 2010 to current MY.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:50 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by mudbuddha
It depends...if you planning to keep your TTS totally stock performance wise, then it may be worth it for you to pay a small premium over non-S assuming all things equal. This becomes a non-factor, at least for me, when you start to increase hp or have other performance mods, because the non-S can easily surpasses the S in hp and performance. Now if you like PCCB and Centerlock wheels etc...then the S would have already come with them standard...but for me I don't like those items and would have removed them anyway so I definitely don't want to pay a "small" premium of an S if it comes down to those items "just " to have an S.

Now if some exclusivity is your thing and you like to row gears then that's would be the justifications for you paying that small premium over the PDK because the non PDK manuals are a little more rare...non-S only.

Btw, afaik, there are no manuals offered for TTS in 2010 to current MY.
Which might explain why when I go back to check the ad it now says turbo.
And cab...

So it’s way overpriced compared to the one here.
Forget I asked.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:02 PM
8Lug
Burning Brakes

Received 821 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan A
There is no TTS in stick. They were only made with PDK. That's why a TT stick is worth more than a TTS. Much more rare.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:04 PM
Alan A
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 8Lug
There is no TTS in stick. They were only made with PDK. That's why a TT stick is worth more than a TTS. Much more rare.
I knew the stick TT was rare.
What I didn’t know was that there were no TTS in stick.
I thought - wrongly it appears - that they were limited numbers in the same was as the TT.
Mea culpa. Learned something today.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:45 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
I think it's the other way, there's a premium on .2 Turbos with a manual transmission, particularly coupes with lower miles like that 2012. IIRC, only 488 were made between 2010-2013.

A ridiculous and laughable post. How could you say a Turbo S is worth less or not desired over a 6 speed? Who cares how many were made, the Turbo S is the king. Nobody cares about the non Turbo S. Stupid post and irrational logic used. Pff!
The following users liked this post:
MexicoBlueTurboS (07-14-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 03:03 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 2,967 Likes on 2,045 Posts

There were 2333 Turbo S' made. There were 488 manual Turbos made. Both numbers for .2's. With the Turbo no longer being offered in a manual, people want a premium for them.

Numbers from **********
Old 07-14-2019, 03:36 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
There were 2333 Turbo S' made. There were 488 manual Turbos made. Both numbers for .2's. With the Turbo no longer being offered in a manual, people want a premium for them.

Numbers from **********
I remembered when Porsche came out with PDK for the TT in 2010, it instantly became the latest and greatest tech to get into, and for good reasons as the PDK helped break all kinds of acceleration records, over the manual equivalent. Took me 7 years later to get into one to experience it and by this time the manuals are gaining in value for obvious reasons. However, I didn't get into a TT PDK to get an S or in particular a manual one for that matter, I needed a car that both my wife and I can drive in nice days and not have to worry about rowing gears. So for me, rarity, manual, or having an "S" designation are all irrelevant. In my sig is a Silver Rose that I have modded to 996 GT2 power levels so if I wanted to row gears, I could just get into that. Some folks on here are too much into manual this S that, and Mezger other etc...they are all great machines !

My point is: Different stroke for different folks as they are all great cars so enjoy the experience!
Old 07-14-2019, 04:18 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts

If your manual gearbox breaks. Have fun finding parts for it. Back-ordered till XXX??!!
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (07-21-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 06:06 PM
repcapale
Rennlist Member

Received 574 Likes on 252 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr

Numbers from **********
I believe that’s only NA. Worldwide manual .2 is just over 700.
Old 07-14-2019, 09:53 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

488 - what a mass produced joke of a car!!! Might as well be a Prius. Sorry boys, almost every new Porsche is 1 of 1. How are you going to compete with that ?

https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...-1-of-1-a.html
Old 07-21-2019, 04:44 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
If your manual gearbox breaks. Have fun finding parts for it. Back-ordered till XXX??!!

Never thought of this part. Hmmm.
Guess owning a manual is for the collectors then.
I love my S with PDK
Old 07-21-2019, 05:44 PM
8Lug
Burning Brakes

Received 821 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin
Using that logic you probably shouldn’t be looking at any Porsche from two or more generations back.

Quick Reply: Premium for an S