Sponsored by:

What/Why would you sell your Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 03:58 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I've had a few fleeting thoughts about selling mine as well lately, but only due to the realization that I'm spending a bunch of money on a car that I could be saving / putting toward retirement.

I'd have to down size quite a bit money wise for it to be "Smart", otherwise I might as well keep it and get it paid off in the next few years. It would really be Hard to go backwards from this thing.

The other option is to down size my truck. Like the OP, I have a 2016 RAM 2500 Mega Cab Diesel I bought new. Rarely driven but love it. Still making payments on it also.

I'll likely keep both and just keep working OT to get them paid for sooner than later.
Not hijacking the post but
In Atlanta today Big Swole! Aborted flight awaiting next jet. Oklahoma bound.
Old 07-09-2019, 06:04 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,012 Likes on 1,262 Posts

Originally Posted by atcbi5
Not hijacking the post but
In Atlanta today Big Swole! Aborted flight awaiting next jet. Oklahoma bound.
Aw man. Well, wished I'd seen it sooner. I'm on duty now and about to have to get out in this horrible heat / humidity to direct traffic for our Food Truck event from 5-9pm.

Hit me up on my cell if you're up in the Cobb Co. area later tonight.
Old 07-10-2019, 11:10 AM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

I've had a few fleeting thoughts about selling mine as well lately.
No..... No..... NO!!!!!! You were the dude that inspired me to go from C4S to Turbo S.

If you sell, it would be the equivalent of the Pope announcing this whole god thing was just a rouse to get money to buy more statues.

What kind of harm or implied consent could possibly come from having an obsession with statues like this one?

Old 07-10-2019, 11:56 AM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MexicoBlueTurboS
No..... No..... NO!!!!!! You were the dude that inspired me to go from C4S to Turbo S.

If you sell, it would be the equivalent of the Pope announcing this whole god thing was just a rouse to get money to buy more statues.

What kind of harm or implied consent could possibly come from having an obsession with statues like this one?

LOLOLOLOLOL

Ok Ok!! Lol

It’s only because I’m not one of these “rich guys” like most here. It’s a constant battle within myself to enjoy my hard work / money and (being smart) trying to save enough for retirement. It would make more sense to down size my truck anyway.

It’ll be staying for a while
Old 07-10-2019, 05:13 PM
MexicoBlueTurboS
Burning Brakes

Received 227 Likes on 134 Posts

I'm right there with you. It was a huge stretch to get mine. I was so happy and proud especially when I went to pick up my 3 year old son from the Montessori.

I know that 3 yr olds aren't typically capable of complex thought nor of precise comedic timing, but in that moment of great satisfaction when he was first buckled in to his car seat, I swear I heard him say "I'm not going to college... am I?"
Old 07-15-2019, 09:53 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by quattrodoc
488 or 570s is tempting for me... though the low cost of Porsche ownership compared to the other two makes me think twice; especially when I don't get to drive it as much as I want to...
+1
absolutely agree. been thinking how hot a 458 looks and would love to have a nice used one but the thought of what any little repair could cost has scared me away
bill
Old 07-15-2019, 10:05 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

The new C8!
Old 07-16-2019, 07:25 AM
cyclrder
Pro

Received 205 Likes on 127 Posts

AMG GTR C cabriolet, C8, or Shelby GT500..... but at the end of the day I would feel that I had made a mistake selling the TT....
it represents a “moment” in time between analogue and a change of direction for Porsche that I don’t think can be replicated without looking to a GT4 Spyder or Cayman.
Old 07-16-2019, 02:38 PM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

Still always have an eye out for a Viper ACR.
Old 07-17-2019, 12:24 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

It’s only because I’m not one of these “rich guys” like most here. It’s a constant battle within myself to enjoy my hard work / money and (being smart) trying to save enough for retirement. It would make more sense to down size my truck anyway.

It’ll be staying for a while
Feel you on that. From one of your previous posts, I can guess what your profession is and with all the respect that is due, thank you. Would be nice to be able to pay cash for one of these and not look back, but a meager income prohibits that. "Oh but why don't you save/invest and then you can enjoy it later" Maybe because with my line of work(and the amount of military aircraft currently crashing) and my hobbies, later may not happen! I had 22% of my paycheck going to retirement a month but busted that down to 5% since the military matches 5% so I can get ready to buy a house shortly...and then fill it up with junior officers to pay my mortgage for me .

You should downsize your truck, check out the EcoDiesel man. I was getting 30-32 mpg on mine before I put the wheels and tires on it, still get 23-26mpg with 34s and a leveling kit. You wont be able to roll coal as often, but you'll be able to enjoy much lower payments, lower insurance rates, and lower operating costs. Hit me up if you ever have any questions, literally just sold mine this weekend to buy a different one in a few weeks. IG is @ jslegha DM there for faster respone
The following users liked this post:
Big Swole (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 07:25 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

To be honest I dont think anything would make me as happy as driving a turbo 911

I wanted one for as long as I can remember and when I finally started my own business and thing were going well I jumped on the chance to get my turbo and since have done many mods(see sig). Most of these mods were done by me some the last owner. As some said above I work my a** off owning my own auto shop another reason I can have this car since they are not cheap to repair.

In my line of work I have driven alot of high end cars....some modded and some stock. Nothing to me has that same feel and handling. I also like that they are not flashy...most people do not know if you are driving a turbo car or a base model carrera all they see is that its a 911

Even if I was to add another car to the fleet I would go 997 gt3rs or 997 gt2. kinda bias on the 997 body style

This is just my two cents

Cheers
Big Swole (07-18-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 09:20 PM
Torque-less
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 25 Posts

I'll likely keep both and just keep working OT to get them paid for sooner than later.
I enjoy that I can guess the profession just based off of this phrase. haha I picked up my 997TT a few short months ago and am on the same track with OT even with the chunk of change I put down.

So, even though I am a new owner and not considering selling any time soon. There aren't many comparable options for the typical goals I have for my "fun car." After reaching the horsepower "cap" in my opinion for FWD & RWD in my last two fun street cars, it was time for the list of prerequisites.

AWD - ability to put down my power requirements consistently without having to run a slick

6MT - although PDK is cool, the standard transmission keeps me more connected with the car. Also not a weak glass-like transmission like my S2000

Handling - when I'm not on the gas I like a car I can enjoy on local back roads and in this case, one that can exceed my driving skill lol

Time-less styling - its body lines are appealing to most, whether they are car enthusiasts or just the general public
Big Swole (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 03:49 PM
Ruskiy
Burning Brakes

Received 196 Likes on 130 Posts

I bought my S2000 and couldn't find anything cooler than it for 10 years. I've explored everything I could and realized I need to make more and keep saving for the 997TT. It's vastly different yet felt like an upgrade that was worth paying for. Never sold S2000 so have both now and it was worth saving and waiting.

At this point I couldn't even imagine what could be next "upgrade" that's worth buying. Probably something way out of my $ range.

I'd probably go for a GT3 ONLY if I had to rid of my S2000 and consolidate. Then again I'd think twice about it and just stick with TT because how special it feels with all that power and scoops.
Big Swole (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 03:54 PM
cayman_gts
AutoX

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

S2000 is also my all time favourite car's ive owned
Big Swole (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 04:45 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by USNA12
Feel you on that. From one of your previous posts, I can guess what your profession is and with all the respect that is due, thank you. Would be nice to be able to pay cash for one of these and not look back, but a meager income prohibits that. "Oh but why don't you save/invest and then you can enjoy it later" Maybe because with my line of work(and the amount of military aircraft currently crashing) and my hobbies, later may not happen! I had 22% of my paycheck going to retirement a month but busted that down to 5% since the military matches 5% so I can get ready to buy a house shortly...and then fill it up with junior officers to pay my mortgage for me .

You should downsize your truck, check out the EcoDiesel man. I was getting 30-32 mpg on mine before I put the wheels and tires on it, still get 23-26mpg with 34s and a leveling kit. You wont be able to roll coal as often, but you'll be able to enjoy much lower payments, lower insurance rates, and lower operating costs. Hit me up if you ever have any questions, literally just sold mine this weekend to buy a different one in a few weeks. IG is @ jslegha DM there for faster respone

Thanks brother and I appreciate your service also!! Different but Same!

Yes, I'm familiar with the EcoDiesel. Friend had one a while back. Drove nice, especially with a tune.

I don't do the "coal rolling" thing anymore. lol Just love having the power / torque when I need it. it came in handy when I drove to CO to buy my TTS and trailer it back home to GA!!

Quick Reply: What/Why would you sell your Turbo?