Sponsored by:

AC compressor

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 02:54 PM
tinkerbill
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboslut
this part number is not for a 2008 turbo.

fits 991 turbo though.
Sorry.
bill
Old 05-17-2019, 03:02 PM
Turboslut
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
Sorry.
bill

All good...someone searching for the 991 part in the future will find this thread.

Dumb question: The fuse in location b10....25amps. Is that fuse solely for the compressor part of the system? I blow that fuse when I hit the snowflake button.

My question is...is it ONLY compressor issues that cause this fuse to blow...or would a bad relay and a good compressor still potentially blow this fuse?

Would much rather buy a $30 relay than a $300 compressor.
Old 05-17-2019, 03:03 PM
griffiths
Rennlist Member

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by tinkerbill
Do you have to assemble everything, then pull a good vacuum on the system to get all the air/moisture out, then recharge?
Bill
Basically 'yes'. :
Bear minimum (assuming the compressor you are replacing did not lock up, seize, or is making funky sounds): replace drier and compressor, new orings, insure the right amount of PAG46 is in there, evacuate, charge and test.
Old 05-17-2019, 04:22 PM
o7silverturbo
Burning Brakes

Received 71 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Turboslut
All good...someone searching for the 991 part in the future will find this thread.

Dumb question: The fuse in location b10....25amps. Is that fuse solely for the compressor part of the system? I blow that fuse when I hit the snowflake button.

My question is...is it ONLY compressor issues that cause this fuse to blow...or would a bad relay and a good compressor still potentially blow this fuse?

Would much rather buy a $30 relay than a $300 compressor.
Relay wouldnt be blowing the fuse. If you want to test it. Unplug the compressor and press the snowflake button if the fuse does not blow then the compressor is bad if it does then its something else

Most likely your ac clutch is shorted(the front part of the compressor)
Old 05-17-2019, 08:34 PM
32krazy!
Drifting

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by griffiths
Good for you on a 30 degree drop. Try to do that on a stock 911 air cooled at 90F ambient.

I'm not knocking your cart, I'm simply stating the facts. We have been doing AC for over 25 years. We sell products to P dealerships, P's restoration center, P aftermarket repair shops, warehouse distributors, other retailers and quite a few DIY's: worldwide for many P models.
The list of problems we discuss over the phone when regarding equipment is endless.

And, in terms of used compressors, you cannot tell based on mileage or looks. Simply a fact.
that doesnt have squat to do with the equipment. its a rare day you 30 * drop on any aircooled car. on a 996 pcar its a piece of cake. and i did it in a driveway with store bought freon and cheap gauges. procedded to do about a dozen other makes of cars the same way from ford to caddy to porsche to bmw. its not really rocket science its about the altitude the amount of oil in the system and the amount of freon pushed in. pull a vacuul drop a can in to push the trinary switch and then fire it up and load the system. done. was 92* today and i had ice cold air set at 70* from a recharge that was 5 yrs old. if theres no leaks you never lose the charge

as for used compressor if it doesnt work i refund the money. its just that simple

Quick Reply: AC compressor