Sponsored by:

Questions regarding Boost gauge

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 02:47 AM
RLR997
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Questions regarding Boost gauge

Hi All, I've searched a little and found a couple threads but nothing specifically to answer the questions I have.

I recently purchase an 07 997.1TT with tiptronic which is my first Porsche and Turbo car, not including my diesel X5. Typically I've previously had V8's and supercharged cars, so I am not really sure of the expected behaviours of a turbo vehicle. It doesn't help that between the purchase and delivery somehow the MAP sensor got unplugged and I was running rough as dogs bollocks until I could figure out the issue.

Q1. The boost gauge scale by default shows as 0___I___1.2, is this normal? I thought when not in Sport mode it would only be 0___I___1?

Q2. Additionally I only am registering 0.3-0.7 when above 3000rpm, it fast but no breakneck as I was expecting. What should I expect to see here?

Q3. In SPORT mode I don't see the arrow by default, I saw it flash a couple times under full acceleration but still only saw 0.7 bar before I had to back off.

Any idea's or redirects to existing threads appreciated.
Cheers
Old 05-11-2019, 03:19 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 305 Likes on 211 Posts

With the Map sensor unplugged, you will have CEL's that are stored. You might be in limp mode and or a boost leak..
Do you have your owners manual? Have you looked at the torque/output and boost information?
Old 05-11-2019, 04:08 AM
RLR997
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Thanks Kevin, Yes, have the owners manual, it shows 1950-5000rpm for 620nm (2100-400rpm for 680nm overboost)

In terms of the CEL's I had a local shop clear the codes, after this the speed/performance was breakneck but can't say I was watching the gauge, I was busy trying not to soil myself. Today thought things feels still much better than when the MAP was not connected (obviously), I am just not getting the boost I was expecting or experienced last night. I just checked the codes with my cheapo OBD2 Bluetooth and Torque and nothing came up.

I also checked the FPR, although I couldn't see it, it felt connected.

Quick Reply: Questions regarding Boost gauge