Sponsored by:

Upcoming Cross Country Drive Recommendations: North Carolina to California

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2019, 11:19 AM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ThunderRolls
Ashville - a fantastic Grand Bohemian Hotel ... near the entrance to the Biltmore. Not much else probably for you. The same folks did a Grand Bohemian plan shopping area very similar in Birmingham and that's where Porsche puts you up if you do the Barber motor driving school. There's a zoo right across the street similar to the set up in front of the Biltmore.
Nashville - Stay downtown and drop in the country music hall of fame, and the Johnny Cash museum, might be something at the Bridgestone arena next door - check the schedule. Lots of good food in that area
Dallas - head down to Katy trail for good food and drink, great atmosphere. Austin - get you pic by the Stevie Ray Vaughan statue and find a good club show on Texas' music row.

Now you're on you own ... I don't venture over to the other side of the country, lol
I don't think I am going to stay in Asheville, rather have more time at the Dragon. Will probably stop in the Biltmore for my friend to see it since he is driving my truck with my trailer/motorcycles. Nashville I just want Hattie B's one more time! But will deff check out the Johnny Cash Museum. Been to Nashville a few times already for work and a wedding. Dallas will probably be an extra day or two than planned so I can hangout with my sister before she deploys.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:19 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The military giveth, and then they taketh away. Move on hold indefinitely, hoping to be back on track in the next 6 months to a year. Damnit. I was really looking forward to the trip...along with the ~$10k-12k I would have made moving my household myself vs allowing the military movers to move me.
Old 05-24-2019, 01:24 PM
gsxrjjordan
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USNA12
The military giveth, and then they taketh away. Move on hold indefinitely, hoping to be back on track in the next 6 months to a year. Damnit. I was really looking forward to the trip...along with the ~$10k-12k I would have made moving my household myself vs allowing the military movers to move me.
Ouch! Well, we'll still be here
Old 05-24-2019, 03:13 PM
4ocious
Three Wheelin'

Received 161 Likes on 111 Posts

Does this mean your PCS was canceled and you're staying in NC? Your post is a little vague.

Quick Reply: Upcoming Cross Country Drive Recommendations: North Carolina to California