Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2008 TT - Option codes do not match vehicle content?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:10 PM
Rob32Ford
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Default 2008 TT - Option codes do not match vehicle content?

I've had my 2008 TT cab/tip since June 2018. Something has been bugging me. It seems as if not all actual vehicle content shows up on the window sticker or the ID sticker in the maintenance manual. The codes in the manual ID sticker do not match line for line on the window sticker ($150,505 MSRP). I certainly understand that parts can be swapped by prior owners or modified like painting a lip spoiler, etc.

The primary issue (or curiosity) is that my interior has the deviated yellow stitching everywhere (Seats, Door Panels, Rear Panels, Console, IP). I could see someone perhaps going to the trouble to swap seats and door panels, but the IP skin?? At the end of the day it does not matter for me, but it is bugging the crap out of me wondering why??

Your thoughts??

Thanks!

Rob
Old 02-21-2019, 05:16 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 75 Posts

Deviated stitching will only show up on the original window sticker.

Take a look at the 2008 TT Aero Pack Turbo that wasin the for sale section recently. It had all sorts of stitching options and none of them appeared on its built sheet.

I would not loose a sleep over that at all.
Old 02-21-2019, 08:30 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

As TTG said above, many Porsche Exclusive options (including deviated stitching) don't show up on the build sheet but are listed on the original window sticker. That was my car in the classifieds, as you can see the build sheet doesn't show the red deviated stitching nor alcantara seats / wheel / shifter / hand brake - but they are listed on the original window sticker. Nothing to be worried about.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:04 PM
Rob32Ford
Advanced

Thanks for the info guys - as a recently retired automotive engineer - seems like a strange practice to only document the content on a window sticker vs. a "build" sheet. I did decipher one of the codes on the sticker inside of the maintenance manual (24891) to be deviated stitching for the seats. I would think any other deviated stitching (or other unique content) would be called out there too?? I guess companies all have there own ways of handling their business.

I feel better now - thanks again!!
Old 02-22-2019, 03:16 AM
Nate Tempest
Rennlist Member

Received 119 Likes on 70 Posts

That's interesting; for some reason my build sheet does show all the deviated stitching. The other thing I find interesting is that it lists the division as PCL (Porsche Canada), even though it was originally a US car (speedo in miles, US-style "BRAKE" indicator). My guess is that that reflects the current jurisdiction if you will, rather than the original market division.

Old 02-22-2019, 09:28 AM
Dodaleca
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate Tempest
That's interesting; for some reason my build sheet does show all the deviated stitching. The other thing I find interesting is that it lists the division as PCL (Porsche Canada), even though it was originally a US car (speedo in miles, US-style "BRAKE" indicator). My guess is that that reflects the current jurisdiction if you will, rather than the original market division.
I've seen that on another originally US car brought into Canada that I looked at it before I bought mine but I assumed as it was imported used by a Canadian Porsche dealer that is what changed it from PCNA to PCL.
Old 02-22-2019, 10:53 AM
Rob32Ford
Advanced

Is it possible to get a copy of the original window sticker from Porsche?? It appears that the build sheet is of minimal value for documenting the content of your car.
Old 02-22-2019, 11:11 AM
JG 996T
Rennlist Member

Received 489 Likes on 267 Posts

My Cert of Authenticity shows all options, including 6 different line items for deviated stitching options.
Old 02-24-2019, 10:28 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,722 Likes on 1,463 Posts

The "build sheets" that are pulled from the PCNA website were never intended for public use, and are definitely not 100% accurate. There are dozens of examples over on the "991 Hot For Sale" thread of cars with mis-matched and incorrect build sheets. Additionally sometimes package options are listed with all the underlying separate options, and sometimes without the underlying options. Sometimes additional info shows up on the printouts that isn't shown on the window sticker, like launch editions and such. All on top of the above examples of not always listing all the XXX options.

These are are not true build sheets, they were never used during actual production, and not found hidden under a seat or such like on older american cars. These are simply printouts of a PCNA database that has that has good, but not perfect accuracy.

I think COA's are more accurate, but didn't I read recently that Porsche has discontinued making them available to the public for a small fee?

Quick Reply: 2008 TT - Option codes do not match vehicle content?