Sponsored by:

Certified? How To Tell

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 PM
beatboy77
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Certified? How To Tell

How can I tell if my 997 TTS has any warranty remaining on the Certified Pre-Owned program? Is there a website I can check?

Thank You,

Josh

Old 12-01-2018, 02:20 PM
dave292
Rennlist Member

Received 265 Likes on 117 Posts

Your dealer can look it up and tell you.
Old 12-02-2018, 12:05 AM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,535 Posts

Did you buy it from a private party or a Porsche dealer? If not, any CPO it might have had left is gone, voided by the sale through a non Porsche dealer.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:24 AM
beatboy77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pfbz
Did you buy it from a private party or a Porsche dealer? If not, any CPO it might have had left is gone, voided by the sale through a non Porsche dealer.
Yes, a non-Porsche dealer. Got it through a Rolls Royce/McClaren dealer

Old 12-02-2018, 11:27 AM
beatboy77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dave292
Your dealer can look it up and tell you.
Thank You
Old 12-02-2018, 11:32 AM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

My CPO was not voided by sale thru a non Porsche dealer. I have had CPO work done since purchasing the car at my local dealer.
Old 12-02-2018, 11:37 AM
beatboy77
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by bogey1
My CPO was not voided by sale thru a non Porsche dealer. I have had CPO work done since purchasing the car at my local dealer.
Thank You
Old 12-02-2018, 11:13 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,886 Likes on 1,535 Posts

Originally Posted by bogey1
Your CPO warranty *was* voided by the purchase through a non-Porsche dealer. The Porsche dealer that did the warranty repairs just didn't know about the transfer (didn't check carfax) or possibly didn't care. Read the CPO paperwork... It is crystal clear on the matter.

Below is the language from the new "unlimited mileage" CPO warranty. The previous CPO's had the exact same language about void upon transfer, just different mileage limitations.

Porsche Approved Certified Pre-owned Limited Warranty:
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Warranty coverage from the expiration of the new vehicle limited warranty or the date of sale if the new vehicle limited warranty has expired**
  • 2 Years / Unlimited Mileage Porsche Roadside Assistance
  • Factory trained technicians perform repairs
  • No deductible
  • Redeemable at every Porsche Dealer
100% of the costs for material and labor.*

*Porsche Cars North America will repair or replace with a new or remanufactured part any factory-installed part that is faulty in material workmanship under normal use.

**This new warranty does not apply to vehicles sold as CPO prior to December 1, 2017 or vehicles with an existing 2 year/100,000 mileage warranty while still covered under the new vehicle limited warranty. This warranty is not valid if sold by any non-authorized commercial dealer or broker. If this vehicle is traded to a non-authorized Porsche dealer or broker for resale purposes, the Certified Pre-Owned Limited Warranty is void.
Yes, anecdotally you can often get a dealer to do CPO warranty repairs even though the warranty was voided by a non-Porsche dealer sale. Perhaps they don't know about the transfer, and I don't think service writers make a habit of pulling a carfax just to check if it had a non-Porsche-dealer transfer. Just don't count on coverage, especially for something expensive like a PDK transmission.... If they want to say "not covered by warranty" for anything, really easy for them to do so.

Last edited by pfbz; 12-02-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Certified? How To Tell