Sponsored by:

Considering Selling: 2009TT, Guards Red/Black, Coupe, MT, 25K MI

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 08:07 PM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Considering Selling: 2009TT, Guards Red/Black, Coupe, MT, 25K MI

My long-awaited 991.2 GT3 allocation has finally come through. I'm considering whether to simply expand the fleet vs. sell one of my cars, and if so, it's likely to be my 2009TT. Lots of conflicting thoughts, but considering I put <500 miles on the car last year, it does seem a shame to keep it (though it still looks fast sitting still!). On the margin, if it went to a great home at a fair value, I might be happy to know it would be driven as it's intended to be, but I also worry I'd regret parting with a car I spent 2+ years looking for that's going up in value. It's approximately 1 of 6 Guards Red/Black manual TT coupes manufactured in 2009 - I had to ship it in from SoCal just to get one - so I worry it would be hard to replace if I were to sell it. Garage space not an issue, but wife is sure to tap her foot if I get another fun car (and may not notice the change if I replace my winged red Turbo with a winged red GT3...).

If anyone has sincere interest, shoot me a PM and we can talk. It's possible I'll bite the bullet and post it for sale, but still on the fence at this point. Here are the specifics: 2009 Turbo, Guards Red / Black, MT, Coupe, 25K miles, mint, garage queen, Xpel protection film (full front, mirrors, A frames, hips), HRE P40 wheels w/ ceramic coating. Many options, e.g. Bose, Sport Adaptive Seats, Sport Chrono, extra paint and leather, etc. Needs nothing: recent/current on all maintenance (e.g. oil, brakes, water pump, coils, etc.), new MPSS tires, upgraded to BBi clutch slave (prophylactic), Eibach springs (1" lower). Serviced at Porsche of the Main Line and professionally detailed by Oakes. No power mods, no track time, no accidents / paint work / stories, zero salt/snow/winter weather exposure, car stored in heated garage Dec - Mar, California car until I purchased 4 years ago.

Here are a few photos - I have tons more available if anyone has interest in the car.

Old 11-16-2018, 08:23 PM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 311 Likes on 190 Posts

Looks like a gem. I bet you'll get it sold through PMs pretty quickly.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:41 PM
TTG
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 84 Posts

Beautiful.....I searched / waited years for a 2009 and finally gave up earlier this year and bought a 07. GR looks amazing!

You will have no problem getting rid of this.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:27 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Where's the car located now ?
Old 11-17-2018, 10:59 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HenryPcar
Where's the car located now ?
At our home in the Philadelphia suburbs, snug and warm in the garage. As an aside, we have “his” and “hers” garages - mine is a detached 2,000 SF garage + man cave. Every marriage has its keys to happiness; ours’ is separate garages.

Thanks for PM’s, working on responses.
Old 11-17-2018, 02:47 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 584 Likes on 326 Posts

She's a beaut...Love the GR's with the painted bits and HRE wheels should definitely warrant a good price. Enjoy your GT3 that will be some WOW! fun for sure, and trust me...Wifey will notice...haha.

Old 11-18-2018, 11:27 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by usrodeo4
She's a beaut...Love the GR's with the painted bits and HRE wheels should definitely warrant a good price. Enjoy your GT3 that will be some WOW! fun for sure, and trust me...Wifey will notice...haha.
Looks gorgeous, but of course, I'm partial to GR! Love the additional painted trim details, and always coveted the 101's.

Update: I had a productive and clarifying conversation with the dealer yesterday as I finalized the GT3 order. It turns out there's a smooth path for selling the Turbo privately and sweeping the sale transaction through the dealer at my modest expense for paperwork, closing support around title and funds flow, availability of financing/warranty/shipping if buyer wants, and of course, tax savings for me in rolling the proceeds. With that, I'm going to offer it for sale. I'm proactively doing a PPI tomorrow -- car is perfect (or if not and there's something needed, I'll make it perfect), so nothing to hide and easier to do on my time vs. sporadically handling later, particularly going into a holiday week. Just got a bunch of photos and video, and trying to figure out how to compress, post, etc. No one ever accused me of being tech-savvy...

Last edited by PorscheStrong; 11-18-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 11-20-2018, 08:57 AM
PorscheStrong
Rennlist Member

Update: Car has been posted in classified. Thanks for your support, this has been tough - like sending a kid off to school...
Old 11-20-2018, 12:15 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

This is breaking my heart

Quick Reply: Considering Selling: 2009TT, Guards Red/Black, Coupe, MT, 25K MI