Sponsored by:

Dead Battery - Thank you Forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 04:01 PM
gary1101
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Dead Battery - Thank you Forum

I left the lights on the other day when I parked the car in the garage and killed the battery. (08 Turbo). Had to open the door with the key but no way to open the frunk. I researched the forum and found that if you open the fuse box, pull out the + red terminal and put jumpers on the terminal and door strap, then push key remote for the frunk it will open it. IT WORKED! Saved me a tow to the garage.

After charging the battery for the night I started the car. Many faults showed up. PASM not working. door functions not working. Fault light, check engine light on. BUT, just last week I happened to have purchased a Foxwell NT520 pro scanner and plugged it in, read the codes, erased the codes and now everything works!!!! (Except I could not figure out how to turn off the Service Engine Soon light). The scanner paid for itself on its first use.
Old 11-14-2018, 07:16 AM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 104 Likes on 82 Posts

Service light requires a different procedure. Durametric and PiWIS only known tools that will do it.
Old 11-14-2018, 11:21 AM
Skwerl
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Don't all those lights automatically go away after a battery swap/recharge once you drive for 100' or so?

Otherwise, yeah, I think being locked out of the frunk with a dead or disconnected battery is a sort of rite of passage with owning a 997. Welcome to the club!
Old 11-14-2018, 03:10 PM
usrodeo4
Three Wheelin'

Received 583 Likes on 326 Posts

Originally Posted by Skwerl
Don't all those lights automatically go away after a battery swap/recharge once you drive for 100' or so?

Otherwise, yeah, I think being locked out of the frunk with a dead or disconnected battery is a sort of rite of passage with owning a 997. Welcome to the club!
lol...guess I'm not a full fledged member yet (fingers crossed)

p.s. I think I will put a reminder on my calendar to buy a new battery when I (finally...arrggh!!!) get my car back.

Quick Reply: Dead Battery - Thank you Forum