Notices
997 Turbo Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SRS module - where is it? how to remove?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 07:03 PM
woody6
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default SRS module - where is it? how to remove?

Hi All,

Question first, back story second. Where is the SRS module, and what is the easiest way to remove it?

This summer, due to too much work and too little nice weather, my '07 997TT didn't get driven enough. I recently had to jump start it, after which I was stuck with an airbag light my Durametric (Pro) would not reset. Code were 80CB and 80CD, described as 'Triggering unit faulty'.

According to Adrian Streather's book, the Porsche 997 Essential Companion, Porsche has configured the SRS computer for a '3-events-and-its-dead' mode of operation. An 'event', as you might guess, is an airbag deployment. Mr. Streather goes on to say that a loss of power while the key is in the ignition is also an 'event', presumably caused by an accident severe enough to cause loss of electricity.

This makes sense. I left the key in the ignition while I wrangled with jumper cables, and in doing so probably tripped the 3rd event (maybe the second also, who knows). Airbag Systems in Allen, TX says they can fix the box, and the fee is reasonable. I just need to get it to them.

I hope this saves someone my headache. Take the key out of the ignition, whenever preparing to charge/jump a low battery.

Thanks,
Woody

Quick Reply: SRS module - where is it? how to remove?