Sponsored by:

Another satisfied TPC DSC customer

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 03:48 PM
Brainz
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by L96A1
Are the DSC module same for Carrera/S and Turbo/S? I bought one from my friend and installed on my Turbo, much more comfortable, but do get more side way body roll, so just want to make sure Ive installed the right one.
I believe they are the same module, but there may be newer firmware available and/or you may need to update to a firmer calibration file -- see here: https://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/

I'm running the base file and think that the non-sport setting is a little soft (although quite comfy) -- I want just a bit more firmness (compression dampening) -- that said, the base file seems to it do a nice job tightening up on corners for me. I find the sport setting of the base file to be a bit too aggressive for rough roads. I'm going to try the Tom Chan "slightly firmer" calibration file. It's only a 5 minute change, I just haven't gotten around to it.

And if the DSC provided calibration files don't suit your needs, you could potentially create your own custom map. I looked at the software and there was way more adjustment than I have time to figure out, but I suppose I'd feel differently if I was regularly driving on a track. It's pretty amazing technology for the money.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:06 PM
nzskater
Rennlist Member

Received 173 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by L96A1
Are the DSC module same for Carrera/S and Turbo/S? I bought one from my friend and installed on my Turbo, much more comfortable, but do get more side way body roll, so just want to make sure Ive installed the right one.
I'd reach out to TPC and confirm, the firmware/config is likely to be different.
Old 08-15-2018, 05:43 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 971 Likes on 535 Posts

All 997TT(MY2007-2012) and GT2 and 997.2 take the same DSC module.
It is only the 997.1 non-turbo cars that take a different DSC module and requires adding a 3-axis accelerometer.
Thanks for all your feedback and support. Happy Motoring with DSC!

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 08-15-2018, 06:43 PM
L96A1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brainz
I believe they are the same module, but there may be newer firmware available and/or you may need to update to a firmer calibration file -- see here: https://www.dscsport.com/calibration-files/

I'm running the base file and think that the non-sport setting is a little soft (although quite comfy) -- I want just a bit more firmness (compression dampening) -- that said, the base file seems to it do a nice job tightening up on corners for me. I find the sport setting of the base file to be a bit too aggressive for rough roads. I'm going to try the Tom Chan "slightly firmer" calibration file. It's only a 5 minute change, I just haven't gotten around to it.

And if the DSC provided calibration files don't suit your needs, you could potentially create your own custom map. I looked at the software and there was way more adjustment than I have time to figure out, but I suppose I'd feel differently if I was regularly driving on a track. It's pretty amazing technology for the money.
That sounds cool!

I want to keep current normal mode for comfort and a sport mode close to stock sport which is hardcore enough for me, the current setting is still soft in sport.

Appreciate the help!
Old 08-15-2018, 10:54 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,122 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom!!

David
Old 08-16-2018, 01:09 PM
Johnny DB
Rennlist Member

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Anyone know when the latest software update was?
Old 08-16-2018, 02:36 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Johnny DB
Anyone know when the latest software update was?
For the DSC Tuning software the latest is version 1.8.3
https://www.dscsport.com/software-2/

For the 997.2 firmware the latest is 11.17.17
https://www.dscsport.com/firmware/

I see that you have a 997.1 Turbo, the latest firmware doesn't make a difference in performance, its just for some 997.2 cars that doesn't switch suspension modes while the high-beams(headlights) are on.
Old 08-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Big Swole
I just got back from a 275 mile drive to the mountain and back. I'm totally Sold on this TPC DSC module!!!!

My car is even more fun and more confidence inspiring!!!

Thank you again Tom!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIOSqdKwgoY

David
Well done Sir! I am with you, every time I get in a car with DSC I just want to keep on driving!
Old 08-31-2018, 09:39 PM
RobBlack 993C4S
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just put my DSC module in about 8 minutes, hardest part is the tabs. The difference is amazing so far on the curves and high speed bends so far. More testing to come. Big Swole video and talking to Tom sold me, Thank You!

2012 TTS
Old 08-31-2018, 10:02 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RobBlack 993C4S
Just put my DSC module in about 8 minutes, hardest part is the tabs. The difference is amazing so far on the curves and high speed bends so far. More testing to come. Big Swole video and talking to Tom sold me, Thank You!

2012 TTS

Very glad my vid helped and Extremely happy you like the product also!!

Congrats!!
Old 08-31-2018, 10:33 PM
bogey1
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 112 Posts

Got mine in the mail this week. Need to install it!
Old 09-01-2018, 06:31 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 100 Posts

Here's a less common point of view: I recently removed the DSC controller from my 997.1TT and sold it to another RL member. I bought a dedicated Cayman S track car so removed a lot of the 'track' parts from my TT to sell off.

I had the DSC on the Turbo for over a year. The stock PASM controller is a disaster. The OEM control of the PASM dampers on the street is just abysmal compared to the DSC. WAY more pronounced difference than what I remember when going from stock to the DSC unit. Removing the DSC controller was a big mistake - I will need to buy another one and put it back in. Adding the DSC module to the 997.1TT is a game changer. I've always spoken highly of it, but to go back to stock after a year of using the DSC has made it more clear than ever how amazing TPC's product is.
Old 09-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

I bet!! Someday I'll do this and just swap them back to back while doing some mountain driving and city driving. I bet, like you said, I'd have an even greater appreciation for what the DSC Sport does for our cars!

Thanks for sharing that.

A member friend of mine here is about to make a deal on a 997.2 TTS and I've already told him the TPC DSC is a MUST!!!
Old 09-01-2018, 07:45 PM
atcbi5
Banned

Received 106 Likes on 83 Posts

That’s the only thing after the. FVD, EP-1 and Eibach springs left for me to do. Drop Mike!

i don’t like Mike!
Old 09-01-2018, 10:47 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by cstyles
Here's a less common point of view: I recently removed the DSC controller from my 997.1TT and sold it to another RL member. I bought a dedicated Cayman S track car so removed a lot of the 'track' parts from my TT to sell off.

I had the DSC on the Turbo for over a year. The stock PASM controller is a disaster. The OEM control of the PASM dampers on the street is just abysmal compared to the DSC. WAY more pronounced difference than what I remember when going from stock to the DSC unit. Removing the DSC controller was a big mistake - I will need to buy another one and put it back in. Adding the DSC module to the 997.1TT is a game changer. I've always spoken highly of it, but to go back to stock after a year of using the DSC has made it more clear than ever how amazing TPC's product is.
very true, I did the exact same thing when I sold mine while considering an aircooled trade that never happened. Immediately bought another.

Quick Reply: Another satisfied TPC DSC customer