Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JB Checking-In :-)

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 11:27 AM
Bskyoon
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow....your car was very NICE, but this is stunning, congrats. I can't think of a better replacement in a better spec. I want to be like you when I grow up.
Old 07-23-2018, 11:28 AM
9ts
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well they got us again those Porsche people. So if you have a common car anything outside of black, white or some shade of gray (like 90% of all Porsches) they sell you a fancy sounding option/upgrade called PTS. Here we have a limited production model offered in interesting colors and the reverse applies...Black is PTS?!?!

Nice car BTW JB. Will we see you on the track with that ?
Old 07-23-2018, 12:28 PM
estrellajon
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Damn JB. That's awesome! Drive it to Katie's C&C one day.
Old 07-23-2018, 12:55 PM
Southpaw
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

What year 997?
Cheers,
JB
I had a 2008 and now a 2010. The 2008 was basalt black (which is a color I loved) and the 2010 is a solid black.. Which I love during the 3 minutes it stays clean.
I felt the basalt black was easier to keep clean and hid dirt a little better than black.

Does Porsche even have a special black? My build sheet just says "black".
Old 07-23-2018, 03:16 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

JB...so when do I get to come up and see the new car? I haven't heard from you in months!
Old 07-23-2018, 04:26 PM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Wow, amazing upgrade! Would also love to hear your take on what boxes the C7 Z didn't tick for you. I know the Vette is not to everyone's taste but I'm a huge fan, especially in racing yellow!
Old 07-23-2018, 11:32 PM
John Belk
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 9ts
Well they got us again those Porsche people. So if you have a common car anything outside of black, white or some shade of gray (like 90% of all Porsches) they sell you a fancy sounding option/upgrade called PTS. Here we have a limited production model offered in interesting colors and the reverse applies...Black is PTS?!?!

Nice car BTW JB. Will we see you on the track with that ?
To an earlier post and to yours too, the way it’s written up is Paint to Sample (PTS), Black Non-Metalic. The thing I don’t quite understand is why would that be a $5500.00 option? I thought I saw some other PTS colors for the same year/model for $3500.00, huh?
I’m not much for taking my cars to the track, but never say never...as they say.
Thanks JB
Old 07-23-2018, 11:50 PM
John Belk
Racer

Originally Posted by Rambler_13
Wow, amazing upgrade! Would also love to hear your take on what boxes the C7 Z didn't tick for you. I know the Vette is not to everyone's taste but I'm a huge fan, especially in racing yellow!
Oh don’t get me wrong, I truly love my Z/Z07, but they’re two completely different “very capable” sports cars. To me, the steering, brakes, trans and overall feel are different. The RS feels lighter (because it is) and so did my TTS... But, the Z06 will shred the rear tires at command, which with the roaring V8, just feels damn good. The TTS’s AWD allowed me to push harder into the apex than my Z06...and the initial feel of the RS...well, it just feels more planted. I’ve not driven the RS much, but that will soon change after I take delivery next week. I will say the RS’s exhaust howl from 6k to nearly 9k is intoxicating, but the TTS in full boost was intoxicating as well..We all know, Boost is addictive!!!
I’m blessed to have both a Porsche and Vette and I never forget that, as I come from very humble upbringings. I appreciate all of the positive feedback so far, and I also appreciate this is a Turbo blog...thanks for letting me share.
Cheers,
JB

Last edited by John Belk; 07-24-2018 at 12:08 AM.
Old 07-24-2018, 12:05 AM
Rambler_13
Burning Brakes

Received 91 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by John Belk

Oh don’t get me wrong, I truly love my Z/Z07, but they’re two completely different “very capable” sports cars. To me, the steering, brakes, trans and overall feel are different. The RS feels lighter (because it is) and so did my TTS... But, the Z06 will shred the rear tires at command, which with the roaring V8, just feels damn good. The TTS’s AWD allowed me to push harder into the apex than my Z06...and the initial feel of the RS...well, it just feels more planted. I’ve not driven the RS much, but that will soon change after I take delivery next week. I will say the RS’s exhaust howl from 6k to nearly 9k is intoxicating, but the TTS in full boost was intoxicating as well..We all know, Boost is addictive!!!
I’m blessed to have both a Porsche and Vette and I never forget that as come from a very humble upbringing. I appreciate all of the positive feedback so far, and I also appreciate this is a Turbo blog...thanks for letting me share.
Cheers,
JB
Well put, thanks for sharing your views on both. Congrats on the RS and a very special car - I hope you enjoy it for a long time! I have yet to scratch the Z06 itch but I'd have a difficult time letting go of the Turbo to do so.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:39 AM
John Belk
Racer

Car was loaded up in San Diego yesterday, next stop Emerald Isle, NC.

JB

Quick Reply: JB Checking-In :-)