Sponsored by:

The infatuation stage

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 06:07 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The infatuation stage

Every time I park my car somewhere, I spend at least 1 minute just staring at it in the parking lot. Even when I'm late to a meeting in the mornings, I still find myself spending that minute in the parking garage admiring my car.

Granted I've only had it for about a month. How long does the infatuation stage last?
Old 06-12-2018, 07:39 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

As long as you own the car. I was almost late for work today because as I drove away from the house in my truck and had the garage open, I was just lovingly staring at her smiling at me

I feel bad for my future wife, she has a super car and 2 amazing motorcycles to compare to.
Old 06-12-2018, 10:14 PM
cstyles
Rennlist Member

Received 185 Likes on 91 Posts

Just over two years in and still infatuated. The day you stop looking over your shoulder is the day you should consider selling the car. Or drop $10k on new wheels and suspension mods 🤣
Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 AM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 853 Likes on 435 Posts

I will never be over my car because... it's all about me, right? I'm the center of the universe, right? Whoops... my car is actually .

Seriously though, I can't stop looking at it 3 years later. I clean it, I stare. It's parked, I stare. I'm coming back to it from eating at a restaurant, I stare and think... is that REALLY my car? Me? Little ole.... me? What did I do to become so lucky like this?

Worked my bloody a$$ off for it, that's what. I saved every penny for years to afford this car. Hopefully, no one will smash into it while texting or not paying attention one day. If they do, I'll simply start looking for... the same exact car.

Oh, one last thing - I stare at it sometimes... then stare some more, but ONLY when no one's looking. I don't want anyone to think I'm "into possessions" this much, but in truth, I am. I adore this possession. It's so fast, and comfortable even after an 11 hour drive like I did 2 Saturdays ago, my back is totally fine. I drive it most every day now even though I have another super nice, brand new car to drive.

Friends ask - "Dude, when can I get to see you new car"? I say... "uh, I didn't drive it at all this week again since I have this cute little go kart to drive instead".

Old 06-13-2018, 11:11 AM
Ibanezgod
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i still pop my head into the garage to check on it some days
Old 06-13-2018, 12:16 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Its a porsche thing. It will never end. The only time it will end is if you dont have a porsche anymore.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:23 PM
loonwin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cstyles
Just over two years in and still infatuated. The day you stop looking over your shoulder is the day you should consider selling the car. Or drop $10k on new wheels and suspension mods 🤣
Already looking forward to the winter months. Totally planning to get a winter wheel/tire package so I can switch up the looks. I love swapping out winters and summers -- almost feels like you get a new car every 6 months!

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S
I will never be over my car because... it's all about me, right? I'm the center of the universe, right? Whoops... my car is actually .

Seriously though, I can't stop looking at it 3 years later. I clean it, I stare. It's parked, I stare. I'm coming back to it from eating at a restaurant, I stare and think... is that REALLY my car? Me? Little ole.... me? What did I do to become so lucky like this?

Worked my bloody a$$ off for it, that's what. I saved every penny for years to afford this car. Hopefully, no one will smash into it while texting or not paying attention one day. If they do, I'll simply start looking for... the same exact car.

Oh, one last thing - I stare at it sometimes... then stare some more, but ONLY when no one's looking. I don't want anyone to think I'm "into possessions" this much, but in truth, I am. I adore this possession. It's so fast, and comfortable even after an 11 hour drive like I did 2 Saturdays ago, my back is totally fine. I drive it most every day now even though I have another super nice, brand new car to drive.

Friends ask - "Dude, when can I get to see you new car"? I say... "uh, I didn't drive it at all this week again since I have this cute little go kart to drive instead".
Steve -- This whole post was hilarious, and describes exactly how I feel. Glad I'm not the only one

Originally Posted by Ibanezgod
i still pop my head into the garage to check on it some days
Oh, so I'm not the only person who does this... good to know
Old 06-13-2018, 04:11 PM
JSorkin25
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll join in the CPSA (Constant-Porsche-Staring Anonymous) club.... so will my son, he's 2 and points to the garage to ask to "see Daddy Porsche" - definitely a future gearhead
Old 06-13-2018, 05:25 PM
USNA12
Banned

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

So, after installing Kevin at UMW's tune...I think my love affair just got a little bit more real. I honestly feel bad for my motorcycles, because I doubt they will get ridden that much this summer with this tune having completely transformed the car!! But seriously, sliding into this bad boy...ugh. Perfection.

Old 06-13-2018, 08:38 PM
dz997 tts
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Steve 96C4S

what's the story behind the maryland PCA license plate ? never have seen club plates before , neat idea ! are there other clubs available in your state (ferrari etc. ) ?

Quick Reply: The infatuation stage